CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was just posted on Instagram. I thought it belonged here. (Publicly viewable picture under #elisalam)
utyga4u4.jpg

smeinzer was a verified guest at the Stay At Main / Cecil Hotel.

Did you visit the Cecil Hotel yourself ceefry? If not, then I would consider smeinzer's account as being credible than anybody else here.

Im sure smeinzer if very credible and I am not questioning that.

It seems smeinzer mentions his elevator lighting up the B, but not confirming elisas elevator lighting up the B.

Perhaps is this because of the time of day? such as when hotels have pools they will restrict access to certain areas at certain times.

You've explained why a water tank would make a good hiding place, I don't think anyone was debating that.

What I was asking or should I say questioning is th idea that someone unfamiliar with the hotel would think of the water tanks as a hiding place for a dead body.

And in my opinion this case speaks to someone who was familiar with the hotel, not a random guest.

Additionalg the idea that she ODed and someone freaked so they hid her in a water tank. No way I don't buy that either. Sorry.

I don't mean to sound skeptical but I think
Your theory doesn't sound as strong to
Me, as it does to you.

But if we all thought the same way we wouldn't get anywhere.

10th floor (reporter checked in on 2/24, photo taken on 2/24 or later)

20130226091337651004.jpg

More pics: LINK

So she was not there for sure, the lamps are different, lighting is different, more dim, unlike the picture of floor 15th that would match and where it has the same lamps than in the video.

Im sure smeinzer if very credible and I am not questioning that.

It seems smeinzer mentions his elevator lighting up the B, but not confirming elisas elevator lighting up the B.

Perhaps is this because of the time of day? such as when hotels have pools they will restrict access to certain areas at certain times.

Good point.

Do you recall what time of day (as well as the date) you remember that Basement button lighting up smeinzer?

Also, was it the left elevator or right elevator (Elisa's elevator in the CCTV recording) that you saw the basement button lit up when it was activated?

Unless I'm mixing up the elevators; Elisa's elevator has the button panel on the right side, while the opposite elevator has the button panel on the left side.

Regardless, I'm sure both buttons on both elevators would of lit up anyway.

we6I2JX.jpg

Elisa's Elevator

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

The other elevator

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zkukLsXdE0"]Tour of the Cecil hotel: The BEST hotel in downtown Los Angeles. - YouTube[/ame]

(fast forward to 2:13 in the video)

In the other elevator(#2)... and that's the only one said to be in use now. The reporter who checked in on 2/24 says the elevator EL walked in(#1) has been "frozen".

20130226111719262007.jpg

20130226111722332011.jpg

I think the killer chose the watertank to muffle the shot of his gun. If the police are being honest with how the body didn't show any signs of trauma, and she was naked, then what happened was the killer missed shooting her, and closed her in the tank alive.

She took off her clothes to better swim. With all the fresh water, she would live about 2-weeks in that tank. Her clothes clogging the drain would explain Mr. Diaz talking about how the drains were clogged the next day.

Thats your opinion and I respect it. However the thought of her being shot in the tank seems entirely too far fetched to even debate.

She took her clothes off to swim better in the tank? Again ok sure its an idea but im not going to debate it.

Her clothes clogging the drain however is viable. Just as viable as her phone and ID clogging the drain. That is all speculation by both of us.

Not sure if this was mentioned here yet...but there are apparently 2 (some have said they found up to 5 listings on another site, I can only find 2) registered sexual offenders who live in the building, one of which is in interview footage talking about the "dark water". He is also in other interviews regarding the hotel, talking about how he doesn't want the hotel to become a tourist attraction and doesn't like what the hotel owners are doing to the hotel.

He lives on the 14th floor. This guy has nothing to lose. What better way to ruin the reputation of the Hotel you've lived in for decades than to put a body in the water tank, scaring the hell out of all future hotel guests, and basically reducing the amount of people who would want to stay at the Hotel ever again? Also all the buzz about this murder has made all the other murders/suicide/serial killer/crime stories that have happened there come out in the media. IMO this was the final nail in the coffin for the Hotel. Perhaps the Hotel owners can turn it into one big haunted theme park since that's what it is.

ALSO DO ANY HOTEL GUESTS KNOW REGISTERED SEXUAL OFFENDERS LIVE IN THE BUILDING? DO THEY HAVE TO SIGN A WAIVER FOR THAT? How warm and cozy they must feel sleeping at night!

I also wonder since people live there...are they allowed to have visitors/guests since they live there and don't have to go by hotel policies? How does that work for them?

read more here:
https://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-EL...HOTEL-INTERVIEWED-BY-CNN-IS-SEX-OFFENDER-MORE

Good point.

Do you recall what time of day (as well as the date) you remember that Basement button lighting up smeinzer?

Also, was it the left elevator or right elevator (Elisa's elevator in the CCTV recording) that you saw the basement button lit up when it was activated?

Unless I'm mixing up the elevators; Elisa's elevator has the button panel on the right side, while the opposite elevator has the button panel on the left side.

Regardless, I'm sure both buttons on both elevators would of lit up anyway.

we6I2JX.jpg

watch

I love your questions and ideas TURK. We'd make a good duo I think lol.

Anyway I dont know if the button lit up or not. To me I spent about 30 minutes examining the lights in Elisas elevator and at no time did I see more than 4 lights lit. And thats with saving the video and watching it brightened up.

The problem is this. Even if the B button did light up lets say, and was faint, we would never know because it never made it to that floor. Same as the 4.

Its entirely possibly that B did light up but very dimly

Please, google "Woman’s Body Found in Cecil Hotel Water Tank — Stefan Chase Reports". Listen to Mr. Diaz starting about 1:30.

So we can now agree that it went like this in the video?

15th (Floor where Elisa is seen)
14th (First stop)
10th (Second stop, similar to 14th and 15th, but dimmer lighting due to different lamps)

In the other elevator(#2)... and that's the only one said to be in use now. The reporter who checked in on 2/24 says the elevator EL walked in(#1) has been "frozen".

The interesting thing about this is the person who posted the picture of the missing #15 button claims to have taken those pictures on the 23rd.

So the elevator stayed in use up until the 23rd than on the 24th was out of service?

If all her limbs were broken as per the Chinese media, is it possible she fell to her death off the maintenance house/building? Even onto the tank below (huge noise heard from 'maybe' 14th floor) and was hidden in panic by whoever was with her?

Personally I would believe the medical examiner's report that there were no signs of physical trauma over one Chinese media account that claims to have spoken with a colleague of her uncle.

Even if they did speak with a colleague of the uncle, that is several steps further removed from the investigation when compared to the Medical Examiner who has no reason or benefit to lie about the condition of the body.

Did I read it correctly that her body was found nude, broken limbs with lid locked?

Great read, thanks!

Wondering if someone could translate, or tell me how I could?

Oh.. I am sorry, didn't quote right again. Was referring to the Chinese website fei posted.

So we can now agree that it went like this in the video?

15th (Floor where Elisa is seen)
14th (First stop)
10th (Second stop)

Not at all!

The evidence shows up that second stop looks different than the rest. Why is that? Because its the 7th floor. Which is decorated completely differently bcos its part of the stay hotel.

Floors 8-15 will all look the same depending on who took the picture. White balance plays a part and could make a wall look anything from bright orange to dark brown depending on the settings of the camera.

Reference the pictures we now have of floors 15 14 and 10. They all look the exact same. EXACT. Even to the mirror.

There is no reason for the second stop to look any different than the first stop or original floor if the second stop is floor 10. You would see the exact same poorly lit hallway portraying dark wallpaper ( or a poorly lit brown)

Personally I would believe the medical examiner's report that there were no signs of physical trauma over one Chinese media account that claims to have spoken with a colleague of her uncle.

Even if they did speak with a colleague of the uncle, that is several steps further removed from the investigation when compared to the Medical Examiner who has no reason or benefit to lie about the condition of the body.

Fair enough, I agree actually. Just trying to come up with ways she could have died.

I assume that osmosis from the water making skin wrinkly -- as well as decomposition for over 19 days in the water tank would make a concise examination of her body very difficult and inconclusive of any apparent strangulation marks, blunt damage marks, etc.

That and her body being in submerged in water would remove traces of semen, DNA evidence, blood from 3rd parties inconclusive to test as well.

Who ever dumped Elisa Lam's body in the water tank definitely knew what they were doing, besides possibly knowing that there weren't any CCTV camera tanks on the roof tops, let alone having knowledge of the water tanks in general.

Then again, they failed to realize that the water tank cisterns would of backed up the water distribution all around the Cecil Hotel, leading to the low water pressure complaint from a guest at the hotel which led to the maintenance worker finding Elisa Lam's body inside the water tank. Was this an opportunist homicide then?

Not sure if this was mentioned here yet...but there are apparently 2 (some have said they found up to 5 listings on another site, I can only find 2) registered sexual offenders who live in the building, one of which is in interview footage talking about the "dark water". He is also in other interviews regarding the hotel, talking about how he doesn't want the hotel to become a tourist attraction and doesn't like what the hotel owners are doing to the hotel.

He lives on the 14th floor. This guy has nothing to lose. What better way to ruin the reputation of the Hotel you've lived in for decades than to put a body in the water tank, scaring the hell out of all future hotel guests, and basically reducing the amount of people who would want to stay at the Hotel ever again? Also all the buzz about this murder has made all the other murders/suicide/serial killer/crime stories that have happened there come out in the media. IMO this was the final nail in the coffin for the Hotel. Perhaps the Hotel owners can turn it into one big haunted theme park since that's what it is.

ALSO DO ANY HOTEL GUESTS KNOW REGISTERED SEXUAL OFFENDERS LIVE IN THE BUILDING? DO THEY HAVE TO SIGN A WAIVER FOR THAT? How warm and cozy they must feel sleeping at night!

I also wonder since people live there...are they allowed to have visitors/guests since they live there and don't have to go by hotel policies? How does that work for them?

read more here:
https://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-EL...HOTEL-INTERVIEWED-BY-CNN-IS-SEX-OFFENDER-MORE

Yeah.. that's my theory.

And I was under the impression that he lived on the 10th floor as his room number was listed as 1004.

And the other guy.. I mentioned by name here and it was deleted apparently he has not been named by media or LE so it isn't cool to name him here.

The bottom line is there are multiple sex offenders living in the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18