CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A<modsnip>T does live on the 10th floor..

Article from 2008 (which lends more to my motive theory as well, and shows two of them are good friends).

A<modsnip>T has lived at the Cecil for 25 years. Unlike M<modsnip>, T<modsnip> said he refused managers' requests to move out of his room on the 10th floor.

His room, which in a typical house would be about the size of the dining room, is packed with belongings, including three 27-inch televisions, each hooked to a VCR. "I watch everything," Taylor said.

Last Christmas, T<modsnip> went back to Texas -- "I gotta see my momma," he said -- one of the few times in the last decade that he has stayed overnight anywhere other than the Cecil. T<modsnip> moved to Los Angeles from Houston in the 1970s when he was diagnosed with leukemia, and thought the weather and doctors would be better in Southern California.

He's been downtown since, mostly unemployed and on disability.

He said that soon after new owners took over the hotel, maintenance crews came to work on some pipes in his room. As they began, T<modsnip> said cockroaches flooded out of a hole in the wall. "Oh yeah," he said, "I've got roaches."

M<modsnip> and T<modsnip> are among 90 to 110 long-term residents -- depending on who is counting -- and both said they are worried about rising rates and eviction.

Read more: http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jan/25/local/me-cecil25/2

Jesus their room system seems so messed up. I don't even know what's up or down at this hotel. Everything is so damn confusing.

the thing about the keys that worries me is that

1. there's the room number in case you lost your keys, someone has access

2. the keys can be easily duplicated

Mr. Diaz is on the 15th floor, and his room happens to be the room the waterpipes hit first.

The sound carried through the pipes and exploded into the room of Mr. Diaz, literally knocking Mr. Diaz from his bed. Look at that man. When was the last time anything knocked him from anything?

This was an explosion, my friend. It was a gunshot. The reason why Mr. Diaz was knocked out of bed, was because it came from his pipes.

Water pressure reverberating through pipes perhaps from clog can cause such sounds as well. Or perhaps elisas body being tossed ontop of water tanks from a height.

I seriously do not think some one forced her alive I to a tank and shot her. Why what's the motive for one....and additionally it makes absolutely no sense. Le would have found evidence of a shooting. Like a bullet! Even if it missed her it would have been in the tank. I think the idea that she was shot at is competley off base.

I don't think a gun was used to threaten her. And I certainly don't think one was
Used to kill her.

Did I read it correctly that her body was found nude, broken limbs with lid locked?

Great read, thanks!

An interesting read if you understand Chinese...LINK. it says a Chinese man Mr. Ren, who currently resides in L.A., checked in Cecil around 2/23 with his friends to carry out their own "investigation" and got a room on the 14th floor, and he took a snapshot of the panel in the elevator that EL walked in. The button for the 15th floor had been dug out. The "door hold" button is said to be working fine and can keep the door open for a long time. (The door hold button doesn't work in the other elevator though.)

_240225lam03.jpg

I Put in google translate but it came out very rough. I know her name translates as "blue can children" or child.

Some of what I could make out:
Journalist interviewed someone staying in hotel who managed to book since the murder. They are staying on the 14th floor. cafe is closed. The price for a room was raised since the murder!

Confirms button for 15th floor dug out. He was told at first there were no toilets, but then only not to wash his hands...

Direct from google
Blue can be child murder let Cecil Hotel in downtown Los Angeles overnight explosion of red, the newspaper reported earlier V Mr. hotel, hotel internal situation of the "live" on the Internet, other ethnic civil investigation groups hoping to crack the mystery of the users mind, find the blue can children killed truth. In addition, there are blue child dependents colleagues said, blue child family and friends sped to Los Angeles to participate in the funeral and cremation ceremony, blue children missing in the notification date of the U.S. police have "better pray to be able to find the body. Live in Los Angeles, from Gansu, China the one any surname Youth, about 17:00 the day before yesterday, and

the one any surname Youth, about 17 o'clock the day before, with a Thai youth and two friends, a successful stay in Cecil Hotel, 14th floor, boarded the suspected blue children live, Internet "live" throughout the progress of investigation. He said the hotel is in fact not "out of business for rectification, you can still stay, but the price has changed from the previous 55 yuan per night, up to 65-90 yuan. And on the first floor coffee shop and convenience store has been turned off, there is no food. Huaqing stay in 14th floor, "live" survey The fact that he stressed that the site can see the channel outside the hotel room and did not monitor recorded

The fact that he was the day before had hotels have requirements to use the washroom, security staff initially said the hotel does not have toilets, subsequently sent a waiter into the toilet clean for about two minutes, adding water system. He said an "things into the broken, mixed with sterile water taste, smell, and therefore did not dare to open the taps to wash their hands when flushing. However, he said yesterday, tap water has no odor, the hotel is also only the remaining two Mexican security. In addition, it is a self-proclaimed the woman blue children uncle colleagues, the uncle of blue children have been rushed to Los Angeles to participate in the funeral and cremation ceremony blue children. She said the blue can be child family in communications missing when

Owned Blue Room key police lock hotel staff According to U.S. media said the Chinese Canadian female students blue children bizarre murder, Los Angeles police have locked hotel an employee. According to CNN, the Los Angeles Times reported, the police believe that a staff member of the hotel there is a major suspect. At the same time, the Los Angeles coroner preliminary view is that the the blue children the time of death as February 1 (ie her missing the following day) is not affected by the trauma and she is likely to be influenced by alcohol or drugs and death. More importantly, the media disclosed, on February 14, the the hotel water quality examination showed everything is normal, if the test results reliable, meaning blue body of available children

Police have sent a staff member of the hotel is locked to the major suspects in the case, the media did not disclose the name of the name of the hotel staff, but an understanding of the Cecil Hotel sources said the police the name of the hotel employees as a key reason why survey, children stay in the hotel in the Blue period, his hands have blue children room key, in theory he can enter the children's room of the Blue, a large number of committed crimes opportunities. Los Angeles after the incident, the police had interviewed a number of employees of the hotel, through the layers of investigation and, ultimately think the employees suspected of committing the crime. According to the hotel say, the the blue child morgue tank located

Water pressure reverberating through pipes perhaps from clog can cause such sounds as well. Or perhaps elisas body being tossed ontop of water tanks from a height.

I seriously do not think some one forced her alive I to a tank and shot her. Why what's the motive for one....and additionally it makes absolutely no sense. Le would have found evidence of a shooting. Like a bullet! Even if it missed her it would have been in the tank. I think the idea that she was shot at is competley off base.

I don't think a gun was used to threaten her. And I certainly don't think one was
Used to kill her.

What happened is tragic and simple. She saw a good looking hotel for a good price online, and she checked into the Cecil Hotel.

I'm not sure you really understand the place she was staying at.

Mr. Diaz is on the 15th floor, and his room happens to be the room the waterpipes hit first.

The sound carried through the pipes and exploded into the room of Mr. Diaz, literally knocking Mr. Diaz from his bed. Look at that man. When was the last time anything knocked him from anything?

This was an explosion, my friend. It was a gunshot. The reason why Mr. Diaz was knocked out of bed, was because it came from his pipes.

So you are saying the LA Times got it wrong initially??

Bernard Diaz, 89, a tenant of the Cecil’s third floor for 32 years, told the Los Angeles Times he’d heard a “tremendous” racket from the floor above on the night Lam disappeared. Police said the only routes to the roof where her body was found were via a fire escape, or a locked, alarmed door accessible only to hotel staff.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...water-tank-at-cursed-cecil-hotel-8504729.html

What happened is tragic and simple. She saw a good looking hotel for a good price online, and she checked into the Cecil Hotel.

I'm not sure you really understand the place she was staying at.

I can't say I have ever been there. But I also think you misunderstood my earlier comment in regards to a perp with psychosis. What I meant was a duobted it was a random hotel guest who killed her.

I do believe she was killed by a resident or worker of the cecil, someone with a criminal record.

But I do think you are way off with your gun theory. And I don't have to know the hotel to
Believ that.

the thing about the keys that worries me is that

1. there's the room number in case you lost your keys, someone has access

2. the keys can be easily duplicated

And it wouldn't be surprising if long-time residents have many keys to other rooms throughout the hotel. I've read reviews of people going up to their hotel room, and finding the door unlocked, the bed sheets messed up and the TV on, and other comments similar to that. Some other reviews talk about having things stolen from their room.

What if some of the long-term residents who have keys to other rooms are messing around with the guests to scare/freak them out so they will leave and most likely not come back again?

So you are saying the LA Times got it wrong initially??

Bernard Diaz, 89, a tenant of the Cecil’s third floor for 32 years, told the Los Angeles Times he’d heard a “tremendous” racket from the floor above on the night Lam disappeared. Police said the only routes to the roof where her body was found were via a fire escape, or a locked, alarmed door accessible only to hotel staff.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...water-tank-at-cursed-cecil-hotel-8504729.html

Yeah, he's on the 3rd floor now. Before, he specifically says "from the roof". Why would he say that if he was living on the 3rd floor? He'd say, "from upstairs", or, "from the ceiling".

I can't say I have ever been there. But I also think you misunderstood my earlier comment in regards to a perp with psychosis. What I meant was a duobted it was a random hotel guest who killed her.

I do believe she was killed by a resident or worker of the cecil, someone with a criminal record.

But I do think you are way off with your gun theory. And I don't have to know the hotel to
Believ that.

Yup. Someone with a criminal history on the 14th floor.

And it wouldn't be surprising if long-time residents have many keys to other rooms throughout the hotel. I've read reviews of people going up to their hotel room, and finding the door unlocked, the bed sheets messed up and the TV on, and other comments similar to that. Some other reviews talk about having things stolen from their room.

What if some of the long-term residents who have keys to other rooms are messing around with the guests to scare/freak them out so they will leave and most likely not come back again?

Just a thought.
If long time residents might have access to other rooms. killer might not get Elisa to his real room.
instead will pick a room that known empty, if anything happen, killer can flee easily, and/or confused the police, confused witness.

so even the incident happen in 15th floor.
the killer could be living in 14th floor for long term.

Guys I have found something here that is very very fishy.

Ive been meaning to check out whats going on with the time stamp but havent gotten to it. Ive also eluded to that at a certain time I can read either 1:23:00 or 11:23:00. I think its (1:23:00AM).

Here are my shocking and I believe unexplainable findings.

I can see at the 1:21 mark of the video that the minute changes. To me the minute changes to reflect 1:23:00.

It isnt again until the 2:42 mark of the video that I see the minute change again. At this point the stamp reads 1:24. Reflecting 1 minute has passed. However in video time 1 minute and 21 seconds has actually passed. Thats weird.

This is where it gets really weird.

6 seconds of video time passes and the minute changes again to 1:25. This is at the 2:48 mark of the video. We've lost 54 seconds somewhere.

This is where the video glitch happens, which some people chalk up to a lack of motion in the elevator.

If this is the case then we are to assume that the camera shut down during 1:24:06 and 1:25:00 causing us to lose 54 seconds due to inactivity.

During the glitch, or around the 2:54 mark in the video the camera changes from 1:25:05 to 1:25:12 it freezes for a second, becomes 1:25:11, freezes for a second then becomes 1:25:14 and thats where we see the door already half way closed.

These are the notes I made while watching. The numbers on the left are the time stamp and on the right are the video time.
1:23:00 at 1:21
1:24:00 at 2:42
1:25:00 at 2:48
1:25:05 jumps to 1:25:12 back to 1:25:11 then forward to 1:25:14 all between 2:53 and 2:55 video time.

Elisa walks off at 2:30 video time. Which is 12 seconds before the minute changes. The minute that seemingly lasted 1:21 seconds of video time. 6 seconds later and another minute has passed. Seems odd that the video would come back early if put in a sleep mode during those lost 45 seconds or so, then still end up glitching during the door close doesnt it?

Please someone watch this I feel like this is very very odd.

Its also worth noting that at the point where its about to change to 1:26:00 is right exactly when the movie ends.

It also appears that the time stamp starts at 1:22:00 or roughly around there and doesnt change to 1:23:00 for about 1 minute 21 seconds. SO this tape has been slowed down because I can see two minutes now that run for 1 minute and 20 seconds movie time.

Damnit if it starts at 1:22 and runs till exactly 1:26 then thats 4 minutes. The exact length of the video. However clearly I can see 54 seconds missing and what seems like 2 minutes have been slowed down. Stretching out the movie to be an accurate 4 minutes.

SO weird to me that if she booked into The Stay they put her on the 14th floor, which seems to be part of the regular residence and not have the amenities they promote.

Based on some reviews this happens frequently. When I first read about the case and looked at the video I thought she was staying on a Cecil floor. Then different people reported her being in a room on 4. Thought that was confirmed but having only watched the first news conference on 2/6 from LAPD it may not be confirmed she was booked on the 4th floor at all. Anyone have links that show her room was on 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya