CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there another video? This is the only one I've found so far

NEW IMAGES - Elisa Lam Case - Cecil Hotel - 02.21.2013.flv - YouTube

The name "Diaz" isn't mentioned in that video... so I tend not to believe what he is saying.

Also, you quoted this post... [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8930125&postcount=258"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3[/ame]

and to me, that post suggests the explosion sound could travel to the lower floors.

jmo... I think BDiaz lives on the 3rd floor.

Hey guys,

Been reading this forums and this thread in particular lately.

Just wanted to point something out I saw in the LA times article and something else mentioned in the back of this thread.

So there's a Mr. Italy and a Mr. Mexico according to social media tidbits well in the LA times article there is one name that is an Italian name and the other could be regarded as a "Mexican" name especially based on the proximity of his hometown.

Not sure if that was pointed out yet and not sure if this is worth any value.

Not at all!

The evidence shows up that second stop looks different than the rest. Why is that? Because its the 7th floor. Which is decorated completely differently bcos its part of the stay hotel.

Floors 8-15 will all look the same depending on who took the picture. White balance plays a part and could make a wall look anything from bright orange to dark brown depending on the settings of the camera.

Reference the pictures we now have of floors 15 14 and 10. They all look the exact same. EXACT. Even to the mirror.

There is no reason for the second stop to look any different than the first stop or original floor if the second stop is floor 10. You would see the exact same poorly lit hallway portraying dark wallpaper ( or a poorly lit brown)

SMeinzer, not sure if you've been asked already but can you confirm if the Stay floors are orange wall just off the elevator or is there a mural of some sort off of those floors when exiting the elevator? I know the halls appear orange but the only video of the stay floors I've found do not show orange walls directly opposite the elevator bank.. Thanks

SMeinzer, not sure if you've been asked already but can you confirm if the Stay floors are orange wall just off the elevator or is there a mural of some sort off of those floors when exiting the elevator? I know the halls appear orange but the only video of the stay floors I've found do not show orange walls directly opposite the elevator bank.. Thanks

The stay hotel has an orange and blue color scheme so I can see it being possible.

See here.

http://www.hotels.com/ho269903/stay-on-main-los-angeles-united-states/

2104424_22_b.jpg

The name "Diaz" isn't mentioned in that video... so I tend not to believe what he is saying.

Also, you quoted this post... Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

and to me, that post suggests the explosion sound could travel to the lower floors.

jmo... I think BDiaz lives on the 3rd floor.

I'm pretty certain he lives on 14. Did a background check on him yesterday to figure out which floor he was on. It seemed weird to me that a SRO would live on a floor That is not long term designated. Everything came up 14.

Hey guys,

Been reading this forums and this thread in particular lately.

Just wanted to point something out I saw in the LA times article and something else mentioned in the back of this thread.

So there's a Mr. Italy and a Mr. Mexico according to social media tidbits well in the LA times article there is one name that is an Italian name and the other could be regarded as a "Mexican" name especially based on the proximity of his hometown.

Not sure if that was pointed out yet and not sure if this is worth any value.

Are you saying mr italy and mr mexico have names??? Because the only info ive seen on them is just that.. Elisa referring to them as Mr Italy and Mr Mexico and mentioning she hopes they back off

Are you saying mr italy and mr mexico have names??? Because the only info ive seen on them is just that.. Elisa referring to them as Mr Italy and Mr Mexico and mentioning she hopes they back off

Not really giving them names but just pointing out that in the LA times article there is a guy who happens to have an Italian name who lives there and another guy who may have a Mexican background. I'm not sure what can be made from this but thought it was interesting. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the names.

Ok.. so this reporter was staying on the 14th floor.

And the number on his room key is: 1047.

20130226111722647010.jpg

So.. on the sex offenders website.. Alvin Taylor is listed in room 1004.

http://www.sorarchives.com/offender/view/1072663

So.. he lives on the 14th floor? The exact floor this girl disappeared on.

That would make some sense. As a security precaution at a hotel perhaps the key #'s don't match the room #. If they are lost/ stolen extra precaution. They can book you in room 1401 but your key might say 514. The would have a log at the front desk of which key belongs to which room. But if a resident receives mail at the hotel I would think they would have the room # . Also, it's a sex offender listing, they most likely would have the correct information and not base his room # off of a room key. Who knows though!

I hope you all are checking out my time stamp observations.

My questions regarding the time stamp are this:

1: Why are two of the minutes clearly stretched out to last 1:21 seconds each.

2: Why do we see a whole minute go by in 6 seconds? where does the 54 seconds go.

3: Why is this movie clip 4 minutes long on both the video and the time stamp, but is clearly missing footage? Is that to throw off the police perhaps?

4: Would the security company edit this tape to hide something?

5: Did the security company blur the time stamp or did the police? because It seems very much so the time stamp is blurred out.

Chorley I Have many friends that are girls that I can relate this situation to. They put themselves in bad positions such as hanging out in hotel rooms or houses of stranger they just met. They drink they kiss they fool around and right before its sex time they leave.

This is what is happening here as well imo. Shes already told him no 1000 times in the room, manages to escape to the elevator only to have him come back. Once the elevator leaves she doesnt need to make excuses why she doesnt want to stay any longer with this guy.

The elevator wont leave. She tries a few more excuses before giving in to what im guessing was "one more drink".

This was the perps last chance. So he goes for the sure thing, drugging her. However he doesnt anticipate that shes already on medication and the drugging kills poor elisa.

This has been my theory for a few days and I feel it strongly explains everything we see and know about the situation of the video.

Still catching up.....

I don't think that the perp accidentally killed her if his intention was to assault her. Perps kill their victims to silence them. If he were to assault her then let her go, she would tell. If she was in his room, she'd know which one. She'd tell right away.

If he slipped her a roofie, would she have forgotten everything the next day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just to address the Mr. Mexico/Mr. Italy stuff a bit, I believe that came from a Chinese news article that took a Tumblr blog post a bit out of context. On Elisa's Tumblr, she made a comment about hoping there would be no "creepers" at a place she went to, and how Mexican and Italian guys come on strong (paraphrased). (Sorry for the lack of a supporting link -- can't get to Tumblr at this moment. I think it's in her #caliblah tag, if I'm remembering correctly...?)

Not really giving them names but just pointing out that in the LA times article there is a guy who happens to have an Italian name who lives there and another guy who may have a Mexican background. I'm not sure what can be made from this but thought it was interesting. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the names.

She was traveling in Southern California so there is a good chance she ran into MANY people of Italian and Mexican heritage. Also, are we positive this was a reference to her time in LA or was it when she was in San Diego?

GUYS:

Is it possible for me to create a public photobucket?

I can create different folders so we can organize all the photos ie hotel layout, aerial roof photos, etc?

I think it'd be a great idea to have a resource where we upload all pertinent photos and maybe cn reference the albumns at the beginning of every thread?

Just a thought.
If long time residents might have access to other rooms. killer might not get Elisa to his real room.
instead will pick a room that known empty, if anything happen, killer can flee easily, and/or confused the police, confused witness.

so even the incident happen in 15th floor.
the killer could be living in 14th floor for long term.

Spoke to a friend that lived in a hotel this past year for a # of months. He said each week they moved him to a different room. He had to check out then check back in and would get a different room each time. Only the long term (meaning in residence more than 5 years) were able to keep their rooms and not have to check out. Some sort of agreement management was unable to break when they purchased the hotel a number of years before. Anyway, they used regular keys and yes it was a problem for him as well. He would come home at times and find the place ransacked or the TV on and the bed messed up. So I can see this being an issue at the Cecil as well.

Not sure if it has anything to do with EL but I can see using a known empty room. I think I may have stated before that it was one theory. And although I can understand the need to hide a body on the roof to get some distance from the crime, if the room wasn't booked why not just leave the body there. Say under the bed. Avoid the trouble of climbing up with a body and the water tanks. The only thing that would force someone to move the body in that case might be if they stayed in that room recently..

I hope you all are checking out my time stamp observations.

My questions regarding the time stamp are this:

1: Why are two of the minutes clearly stretched out to last 1:21 seconds each.

2: Why do we see a whole minute go by in 6 seconds? where does the 54 seconds go.

3: Why is this movie clip 4 minutes long on both the video and the time stamp, but is clearly missing footage? Is that to throw off the police perhaps?

4: Would the security company edit this tape to hide something?

5: Did the security company blur the time stamp or did the police? because It seems very much so the time stamp is blurred out.

I still can't figure out why they would blur out the time stamp either. Wouldn't it help to know the approx time she was roaming around in case someone in the hotel or nearby streets was out about that time? Doesn't seem like I recall this happening in the past when video was released to help locate a missing person.

Thinking maybe they had a theory already in mind when it was released but I still can't figure out why it would be released at all if that were the case. Why not just stick to the missing persons photo..

GUYS:

I can create different folders so we can organize all the photos ie hotel layout, aerial roof photos, etc?

I think it'd be a great idea to have a resource where we upload all pertinent photos and maybe cn reference the albumns at the beginning of every thread?

I have no idea but that is a great idea! I like the fact we can bounce ideas off of each other here but there is no main resource for us to keep track of photos and relevant information. Thanks so much for bringing this up..

GUYS:

Yes, we've done that before LittleWing and it is a handy reference and avoids all the duplication on the board.

Down the road, if and when a thread gets its own forum, we usually have a separate "No Discussion" thread containing all the pics but a photobucket account would be a great resource for us.

I still can't figure out why they would blur out the time stamp either. Wouldn't it help to know the approx time she was roaming around in case someone in the hotel or nearby streets was out about that time? Doesn't seem like I recall this happening in the past when video was released to help locate a missing person.

Thinking maybe they had a theory already in mind when it was released but I still can't figure out why it would be released at all if that were the case. Why not just stick to the missing persons photo..

IMO, LE doesn't want us to know the timing of the video or that info would have been released at the time the Missing Person info was put out.

As for the video, it is the last known images of her and shows precisely what she was wearing, which could jog peoples' memories.

JMO

Yes that's what the Chinese article said. I find it amazing that all the Chinese articles always give much more information than anything available in the western media outlets, with the American news being the most conservative, and Canadian ones giving slightly more info, and the Chinese media seem to know everything including pinpointing which floor she was on, how she was found (nude with all 4 limbs broken), and even the prime suspect already detained! Based on this I would take the information with a grain of salt until we get a bit more further confirmation, although there's a chance the Chinese media is more aggressive and thus has more leaked information.

But with the western media, you get more info about the water quality with a rotting "corpse"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon