CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's what the Chinese article said. I find it amazing that all the Chinese articles always give much more information than anything available in the western media outlets, with the American news being the most conservative, and Canadian ones giving slightly more info, and the Chinese media seem to know everything including pinpointing which floor she was on, how she was found (nude with all 4 limbs broken), and even the prime suspect already detained! Based on this I would take the information with a grain of salt until we get a bit more further confirmation, although there's a chance the Chinese media is more aggressive and thus has more leaked information.

The family might also be more trusting of the Chinese media, considering that is their heritage. Someone above mentioned that a friend of Elisa's uncle-in-law (I think???) said that he said she was found nude with all 4 limbs broken.

But like you said, take it with a grain of salt. If her limbs were indeed broken, why would the LAPD say they were leaning towards suicide (essentially)? Or are they trying to keep it discreet so that the perp doesn't flee?

And if so are we blowing I do them by discussing all this stuff?? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I dont think any doors can be locked from inside. Against fire code isnt it.
Agreed they are locked outside in but not inside out.

You can exit to the roof prop the door open to get back down.

Yes, we've done that before LittleWing and it is a handy reference and avoids all the duplication on the board.

Down the road, if and when a thread gets its own forum, we usually have a separate "No Discussion" thread containing all the pics but a photobucket account would be a great resource for us.

Fantastic. It can help us with the repetition issue!

I have no idea but that is a great idea! I like the fact we can bounce ideas off of each other here but there is no main resource for us to keep track of photos and relevant information. Thanks so much for bringing this up..

You're very welcome :) I was thinking of setting up a blog, so that we can display the photos and descriptions, and set up a memorial post for Elisa :) whaddya think guys?

thing about this thats bothering me is.....

yes the hotel is poorly managed...

yes there are sexual offenders living long-term there....

but doesn't it strike you odd that it just happened to be EL at this material time?

the way it happened....this wasn't a string of murders at the hotel in the last month... and there hasn't been any sort of pattern or links to other missing persons / murders recently near the area unless someone can refute me on this...

this is what is most bothering..... the natural instinct is to point the finger at the registered sexual offenders living there when the fact is....it doesn't take a hotel worker or long term resident to check out the roof and bypassing the alarms just as meizer did....

so a guest could be as culpable as anyone else.

it would definitely depend on a lot of evidence in EL's room and try to piece together not only her final moments like the elevator, but her trip especially the days in LA.

the contents of the postcard if it indeed is authentic, her clothes, the exact rooms, are all critical to the case.

You've made me think ! Thanks :) Most hotels these days require Photo ID to book or stay in a room. Is that the case here? If it's a small fee and caters to travelers/wanderers , could it be you can just slip 35$ cash and no questions asked? If so , who knows who may have stayed the night she went missing and where they might be now.

"Aleister crowley wrote a poem called Jephtha while staying in the Cecil Hotel in London.

Jepthah was a Judge of Israel who burned his daughter, Seila, as a sacrifice.

Seila is an anagram of Elisa"

"According to Thelemic legend, in 1918 Aleister Crowley came into contact with a interdimensional entity named Lam, who by the way is a dead ringer for the popular conception of the 'alien grey ' depicted on the cover of Whitley Strieber's Communion. From this purported encounter, some have inferred that the industrious Mr. Crowley intentionally opened a portal of entry--through the practice of a magick ritual. The Amalantrah Working--which allowed the likes of Lam and other 'alien grays a passageway onto the Earth plane. Furthermore, this portal may have been further enlarged by Parsons and Hubbard in 1946 with the commencement of the Babylon Working, thus facilitating a monumental paradigm shift in human consciousness. Sex and rockets"
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/demonsindex.htm

The "coincidental" symbolism in this thing keep getting larger and larger... Call me crazy, but just saying this whole thing is to crazy and i think LE knows unless they are blind ;)

I don't get why some of you are still hung up on the floor she was on at the time of the video.

4 buttons light up, all in a row, all in the middle. Can everyone agree at least on this? At 0:09 she presses a button, but it doesn't light up. Then there are 4 that light up, followed by two that don't light up.

So it follows that 14, B, Door Hold don't light up, and 10, 7, 4, M do.

Therefore she must be on the 14th floor - unless the 14th floor button doesn't work.

Can anybody refute this?

It would appear that way.

But.......

We all seem to agree that Elisa also presses the B and Door Hold buttons as well, no....? It's understandable why the Door Hold button wouldn't stay lit up, but the B button? Even if they are restricted access to B during certain times, would it not also light up, albeit momentarily?

I believe that the quality of the video is simply too poor to say conclusively. So I think we can look at unchanging alternatives, such as the floor pattern. Or someone can go with a camera and test it out for us. (With a group of friends for safety of course).

What if we all chip in some cash for a room (rates have gone up....lovely....), someone can check in and simply explore during the day with several friends, over several days, take photos of all the floors, get a list of room numbers, ask questions, etc etc??

The thing about going there to explore is it would have to be done soon, because we don't really know how long this is going to continue... I might be overly optimistic but I am still hoping that police is strategically holding back details and any day now they will reach a breakthrough.

I stopped judging the case on just the video,.. i think the video shows nothing. we a shown what we are supposed to see. isnt that obvious? this is Maybe even a setup, i mean the symbolism is so predictable, almost as if some marketing team actualy sat down for a long time trying to come up with something good... A best seller! Whos in to it?,.. Employees? Managment?,... Bigger?. To boost profit in the area,.. I read somewhere that the whole area around the hotel is like a Moviemuseum with locations where famous blockbusters were shot.... The hotel is not what it used to be for a long time it losts its appeal to many tourists. A story as this one would drive tourism up... I mean look at the history,.. the hotel probably always made a good buck out of the misfortune of some of the buildings victims,... its been a while that something "awkward" happend, so astory like this would drive way way way Way up i imagine....... Damn i mean hollywood is around the corner! Lots of expertice.
Sadly at the cost of innocent life.

Fantastic. It can help us with the repetition issue!

You're very welcome :) I was thinking of setting up a blog, so that we can display the photos and descriptions, and set up a memorial post for Elisa :) whaddya think guys?

Thank you LittleWing!

I would be happy to start a thread for Elisa's case in the TIMELINE and MEDIA ONLY forum for everyone, if you believe this would help!

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=438"]Located Timeline and Media Links - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The timeline could contain all the facts as we know them! And you can post the media articles, photos, etc. for easy reference.

Just let myself or another moderator know that you wish to do this.

~Summer_Breeze

So they searched for her with sleuth dogs, right?
Wouldn't they have had a track, if she climbed up the ladder by herself?

So I was reading Elisa's blog (the one she had pre-tumblr) that someone posted the link to earlier. Thank you so very much for sharing it BTW.

http://etherfields.blogspot.com

I'm just really sad for the girl. After reading it, i felt such a tremendous sense of loss. she was trying her guts out to do better for herself, she was brave, and she always picked herself up. I could relate to her, A LOT. And many of the things she wrote were so close to how I feel and have felt. She was also very analytical....she spent a lot of her time analyzing, turning things over in her mind, understanding herself and understanding that a lot of her unhappiness stemmed from her, that she controlled it in a big way. I believe she shares on Tumblr an article about how people who think a lot suffer a lot because of it, and I believe this to be absolutely true. We overanalyze, seek control, seek perfection of ourselves and usually others. The problem is we get so wrapped up in our brains, which are really just another organ of the body, that we forget to experience life with our senses, our souls.

Just wanted to share with you guys. I experience depression and have been having an episode since December. I started to see a counsellor last year. I told her that I feel like Sisyphus, constantly pushing a rock up a hill only for it to come back down. But she told me that depression is more like pushing a rock on even ground....that once you get started, it gains some momentum. Sometimes you force yourself to push, and I believe that is what Elisa was doing in LA. I'm so devastated that her life came to an end before she was truly able to share her gifts with the world.

Also the talk of her body, the water contamination, etc....it makes me all the more sad. How humiliated she would be if she knew.

Also I did some reading and found info on peptides....and how our cells can become addicted to certain thoughts. When we think negative thoughts, our cells create receptors to catch these types of thoughts, when the cells multiply, they have even more negative (or other) thought receptors...so that is why people who are sad or melancholic seem to crave sadness - sad music, topics, etc...they are trying to fill their cells' needs for that particular feeling. We really are what we think.

I have learned a lot so far from her and her thoughts, her experience, and I hope she knows in some way how much she has touched many people who never even knew her.

Sorry for this guys I know it's OT but i guess it's my attempt at lighting a candle for Elisa. :)

The thing about going there to explore is it would have to be done soon, because we don't really know how long this is going to continue... I might be overly optimistic but I am still hoping that police is strategically holding back details and any day now they will reach a breakthrough.

I hope so Bob, I really do. I hope they found who has done this to her, or at least have a very good idea.

I stopped judging the case on just the video,.. i think the video shows nothing. we a shown what we are supposed to see. isnt that obvious? this is Maybe even a setup, i mean the symbolism is so predictable, almost as if some marketing team actualy sat down for a long time trying to come up with something good... A best seller! Whos in to it?,.. Employees? Managment?,... Bigger?. To boost profit in the area,.. I read somewhere that the whole area around the hotel is like a Moviemuseum with locations where famous blockbusters were shot.... The hotel is not what it used to be for a long time it losts its appeal to many tourists. A story as this one would drive tourism up... I mean look at the history,.. the hotel probably always made a good buck out of the misfortune of some of the buildings victims,... its been a while that something "awkward" happend, so astory like this would drive way way way Way up i imagine....... Damn i mean hollywood is around the corner!
Sadly at the cost of innocent life.

In addition, if the tape has indeed been slowed down, that would explain why her motions seems so odd and sleep-walky. I wondered why she was moving so slowly, doing everything so slow...speed it up in your mind even a little and it has a different feel, IMO.

Thank you LittleWing!

I would be happy to start a thread for Elisa's case in the TIMELINE and MEDIA ONLY forum for everyone, if you believe this would help!

Located Timeline and Media Links - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The timeline could contain all the facts as we know them! And you can post the media articles, photos, etc. for easy reference.

Just let myself or another moderator know that you wish to do this.

~Summer_Breeze

This would be great, Breezy! Would we do this instead of the Blog, then? :)

This would be great, Breezy! Would we do this instead of the Blog, then? :)

If your heart is set on creating your own blog, by all means please do. :)

I was thinking if we put it on WebSleuths, that everyone can help keep the information up to date so the burden does not fall to just one person.

Make sense?

I will create a thread shortly, and post the link for all when done.

You can use Google Street View, to get a closer look of The Cecil.
Not necessarily helpful, but maybe interesting for those of us who don't live there.

It would appear that way.

But.......

We all seem to agree that Elisa also presses the B and Door Hold buttons as well, no....? It's understandable why the Door Hold button wouldn't stay lit up, but the B button? Even if they are restricted access to B during certain times, would it not also light up, albeit momentarily?

I believe that the quality of the video is simply too poor to say conclusively. So I think we can look at unchanging alternatives, such as the floor pattern. Or someone can go with a camera and test it out for us. (With a group of friends for safety of course).

What if we all chip in some cash for a room (rates have gone up....lovely....), someone can check in and simply explore during the day with several friends, over several days, take photos of all the floors, get a list of room numbers, ask questions, etc etc??

You count 7 pushes though right? All on different locations. Only 4 buttons light up. The first button she lights up is the 2nd one she presses. I don't think the quality of the video is too poor to see this. Use the full screen option on a computer monitor if you can't see.

Now let's say the buttons, 7, 4, M, and B were on. Then that would mean 10 was pressed but didn't stay on. So any way you look at it, grainy video or not, she was either on the 14th floor or the 10th floor.

But if you agree she pressed 7 times, then she must've been on the 14th floor.

This conclusion, of course, is only valid if the elevator buttons were all working.

If your heart is set on creating your own blog, by all means please do. :)

I was thinking if we put it on WebSleuths, that everyone can help keep the information up to date so the burden does not fall to just one person.

Make sense?

I will create a thread shortly, and post the link for all when done.

And here you are:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200039"]CA/Canada - Elisa Lam (21) - Los Angeles - 31-Jan-2013 -TIMELINE & MEDIA ONLY - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I've started the thread with a few early articles, police notices (from Thread #1). It really works best if everything is in Date/Time order.

Remember, this particular thread is for Media links, photos, VERIFIED (fact) timeline information, etc. NO DISCUSSION please!

I have not seen a timeline yet, so I believe we would have to start this from scratch.

She's on the 14th floor. That's the reason the button doesn't light.

She went to the 14th floor, because she made a mistake, and she thought she was going to the 4th floor. This is the reason she keeps hitting the button for the 14th floor, because she doesn't know what floor she's on.

This is also why she hits all the buttons on that row. She doesn't know what floor she's on.

You've made me think ! Thanks :) Most hotels these days require Photo ID to book or stay in a room. Is that the case here? If it's a small fee and caters to travelers/wanderers , could it be you can just slip 35$ cash and no questions asked? If so , who knows who may have stayed the night she went missing and where they might be now.

You do need a photo ID for this hotel (in theory):

You must show a valid photo ID and credit card upon check-in.

www.booking.com/hotel/us/cecil.en.html

From the same website, there's a review from january that mentions "boys rumor" as a negative point. I have no idea what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*