CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha yeah I just read that. I was several pages behind when I made my post although the flickr accounts we found were different her'es the one I found

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seanmichealxxl/tags/

Actually funny that after so many days and so much discussion three different posters find three different references to aid on that one aspect

If EL was raped would being in the water tank affect that evidence or would they still be able to tell after all that time in the water or get DNA evidence? Anyone know?? :waitasec:

My understanding is that it is still possible to collect DNA evidence. In January two men in India were arrested for raping a 4y.o. and dumping her in a lake. It was some time ago when I read the article but I will try to find it and post if interested. A body decomposes at a slower rate if submerged in colder water and at a faster rate if in warm water.

DNA evidence can be collected from a body submerged in water though

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10486961

Forgot to give the link to the Dec 21 WWOOF/UCSC reference:

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/38458710384/insomniasss-more-i-figured-out-where-i

5. Posted Dec 21. She talks about her plans in Santa Cruz/Santa Clara (this has been talked about in regards to the WWOOF organic farm): "I am in power planning mode for my upcoming first wwoof trip to Santa Cruz California next month and I’m trying to see if I can enroll in some sort of beginners comp sci programming class because god knows I know NOTHING OF COMPUTERS which is unacceptable in this age. 8 years know how to hack into my computer and I know how to cut and paste.

BUT turns out the UCSC has their extension/adult education in freakin SANTA CLARA which is like in San Jose which is FAR I mean I can’t travel there and ughhh I don’t like online courses too much because I learn better in person and it’s just wtf THERE IS A CAMPUS RIGHT NEAR ME WHY CAN’T I JUST LIKE AUDIT A COURSE OR SOMETHINGGGGG"

Comment: My gf from Vancouver tells me that WWOOF's are pretty popular up there. Me being from Cali, I've never heard of such a thing (although I coincidentally do live close to Santa Cruz.) I do find her comment about the distance a bit humorous, but understandable since she takes public transportation and probably doesn't drive.

Anyway, this may have been the seed that motivated/convinced her to go to Cali and her West Coast tour. That is, the WWOOF and the comp sci class.

There is a popular speakeasy called Varnish not far from there. It's in the back of Cole's. It's fairly high-end and popular with young adults.

Thought she was in San Diego when she posted about the speakeasy. There is a jazz place called Gaslamp Speakeasy that is about a block away from 2-3 hostels in San Diego. Thinking she stayed in one of those and went to the Speakeasy while there

Yep, sounds like he was messing with you. Scary!

Women alone, or even with a friend, need to be careful, and aware of their surroundings.

I went to Oakland a long time ago with a friend. We booked a room with two beds so we could be together, figuring that was safer. But when we checked in, the staff said a room with two beds wasn't available (???) and gave us two rooms for the same price. These rooms were seperated by at least 15 other rooms, at each end of a hallway.

Her room had a HUGE mirror on the wall, mine only had a lil picture. We thought that was strange.

Several weeks later we read in the news that the hotel we had stayed at was raided. That's a long story, but one of the things we noted was that the staff had been using the room they put my friend in, and it had a two-way mirror. :what:

Now I check all mirrors in hotel rooms, and if there is one in question, I'll put a sheet over it. lol

Whoa! Incidentally, the front desk person (not the guy) at my hotel had originally tried to give us one double bed instead of the two twins we had requested. Then they claimed we never requested that. Luckily, my friend had a copy of our booking.

I've stayed in sketchier-looking hotels than the one in Rome (including an inn in the Austrian alps where my friend and I were the only guests and then we got snowed in during a freak blizzard), but have never had such a creepy experience before. In general, I didn't mind the aggressiveness of the Italian men (I found them playful, but I'm a flirt), but my friend did.

Anyway... back to Elisa. Despite all the bad reviews for the Cecil, I can see why she might have booked a room there: other positive reviews, inexpensive, "good enough", maybe she was drawn to its dark history (I know I would have been) or had a sense of adventure, plus the option to book a room at Stay, which looks much nicer (at least on the web). Regardless how she died, it's all very sad.

Why?? She could very well be on drugs based on her bizarre behavior in the elevator. You can't conclusively rule that out. And considering LE is withholding information until the toxicology report comes back implies they are at least considering it a possibility.

Yeah, I don't think "faith" has anything to do with this. We're trying to use our "little grey cells" to figure out what happened base on the evidence...

Elisa's behavior in the elevator strikes me, and many others, as very strange. And so it's quite reasonable to wonder whether she had ingested some kind of drug, perhaps slipped to her without her knowledge.

And, if the social media accounts widely cited here are really hers, she seems to have been on some powerful medications...

At any rate, one plausible (in my view the most plausible) interpretation of the elevator video is that she had been drugged and was not in her right mind. That would explain why she seems (to some of us) to change fairly quickly form confidence, to anxiety or fear, to playfulness...

And there was an expert on the behavior of people under the influence of ecstasy quoted in the LA Weekly who thought her behavior suggests she might have been on ecstasy, or something like it, here:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/...s_ecstasy_strange_behavior_trinka_porrata.php

Note, this is not in any sense at all to "blame the victim." First, she might well have taken a drug unwittingly, made a mistake about her prescription medications, or have taken Ambien and suffered some side-effects. And, second, there are a lot of good people who take illicit drugs at some point in their lives intentionally--and unwisely.

I think the graffiti is disturbing, but most likely unrelated for the reasons you cite here. It looked more like it could be connected until someone here found the photo of the 2012 graffiti.

Did we confirm that it's in Spanish or Latin? IIRC, Elisa's pre-Tumblr blog (linked earlier) had a post with a Latin heading, but that means little because most people know basic Latin sayings.

There is one tiny (I mean, really tiny) part of me that associates the EL graffiti with the "She saved him, can you save her?" note in the Rebecca Zahou case. Like it's some weird suicide message (or murder message, if you're so inclined). Highly unlikely though.

I asked a friend that is Spanish and happens to work in LE with juveniles what it could mean. She said she couldn't translate it to mean anything and thought it could be someones tag.. meaning fecto is a person and suma is a person..

http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/fekto/Recent

HIGHLY doubtful EL had anything to do with the graffiti on the roof aside from perhaps being there and seeing it.

She sent me this link to show that fecto is a tagger and a popular one at that. These were taken in different areas, not necessarily in Los Angeles

I asked a friend that is Spanish and happens to work in LE with juveniles what it could mean. She said she couldn't translate it to mean anything and thought it could be someones tag.. meaning fecto is a person and suma is a person..

HIGHLY doubtful EL had anything to do with the graffiti on the roof aside from perhaps being there and seeing it.

She sent me this link to show that fecto is a tagger and a popular one at that. These were taken in different areas, not necessarily in Los Angeles

Yeah, totally agree after seeing the pics of those tags.

Why would you copy it? Why not copy "Booger"?

She is Canadian, they don't teach Spanish, nor am I aware that she knew any.

Chalk would have washed off by the rain. And notice how some of the letters "drip".

I don't see the resemblance to her handwriting.

I didn't say I would copy it. I said someone as high as a kite might.

So you think because EL is Canadian, she can't learn Spanish? Not that I said she had to learn Spanish in order to draw or duplicate graffiti.

I see a very STRONG resemblance in the letterings. We have differences in opinion then.

Are you saying "fecto" is a person's nickname? How do you know that's the intention of the graffiti on the roof of Cecil Hotel?

Like others, the conflicting information is bugging the crap out of me. One of them, especially, has to do with possible suspects:

According to LAPD video I posted most recently in media thread, LAPD are focusing on one employee

Smith denied the rumour that a hotel staff was listed as a suspect, saying the police has not yet implicated anyone. They will wait for the final report from forensic experts.

So, which is it? Are they retracting it because they don't want to rule out accident or suicide? Are they just not talking to each other which makes different information come out?

I don't know. FWIW, I still think she was a victim of foul play. And the killer is a hotel employee, security, or long term resident.

Like others, the conflicting information is bugging the crap out of me. One of them, especially, has to do with possible suspects:

According to LAPD video I posted most recently in media thread, LAPD are focusing on one employee

Smith denied the rumour that a hotel staff was listed as a suspect, saying the police has not yet implicated anyone. They will wait for the final report from forensic experts.

So, which is it? Are they retracting it because they don't want to rule out accident or suicide? Are they just not talking to each other which makes different information come out?

I don't know. FWIW, I still think she was a victim of foul play. And the killer is a hotel employee, security, or long term resident.

Well, what I find interesting is that as many horrible reviews the Cecil has, you don't really see anybody complaining about random people off the street roaming the halls. You see complaints about homeless people sleeping outside, people being harassed outside, and about the fact that people live in the Cecil. If anything, I've seen several comments from guests complaining that visitors weren't allowed into rooms, even just for a minute.

Of course, I'm sure visitors have gotten in before. But to me that points to an employee, resident, or maybe a fellow guest, if you think (as I do) that she was murdered

Are you saying "fecto" is a person's nickname? How do you know that's the intention of the graffiti on the roof of Cecil Hotel?

Yes, something like a nickname. Taggers obviously aren't going to use their given name to destroy property so they use a nickname. For instance, I might write OCSlacker on there even though no one calls me that. It's a name I use frequently for all of my online accounts and yes, when I was younger I did tag a few spots with OCSlacker but I've also used PK at times.

I have no idea what the intention of the graffiti on the roof could be but it seems more likely it is simply a tag. Just like the Booger 780 krew tag on the cistern. Seems like a person is tagging his/her crew. Meaning fecto, her,c#$&, and suma are all part of the same tagging krew. Look up krew, spelled with a k in the urban dictionary, it might help you get the idea

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOaXm4KJli8"]Elisa Lam's killer suspect - YouTube[/ame] Is this what you are talking about? I couldn't find a video referencing a suspect.... Can I post this here? I don't know.....Interested in what her friends postcard said that she received from EL that was strange. And what about the "Left For Dead" Reference? Has this been mentioned in her blog somewhere? Someone may have went over this already in past posts...if so, sorry.

I cannot remember if this site has been mentioned yet. For those who are interested in this kind of thing. Not sure yet if I believe in this stuff or not, it is rather unsettling tho, and gives me pause for thought.

There is a woman who did a remote reading on the Cecil Hotel, back in June 2012. That reading was done about 2 weeks before she went to LA for a show she was doing. She posted her reading on Feb 4th of this year. I think her findings are interesting, especially in light of the mystery surrounding Elisa's death. She is going back in April, so am thinking she might be able to answer some of our pertinent questions regarding Cecil, etc. She also mentioned that she can do a floor-by-floor reading if folks want that.

I was going to post snippets of her findings, but decided to just give the link below and let those interested find out what she says for yourself. Here's the main link, and to the right you'll see her recent 5 posts, might want to read from the bottom up in order to understand her angle. She also replies in the comment sections.

She does say some things in the earlier posts that she corrects in updates later on, as well as in the comment sections.

http://chelseadamali.wordpress.com/

Yes, something like a nickname. Taggers obviously aren't going to use their given name to destroy property so they use a nickname. For instance, I might write OCSlacker on there even though no one calls me that. It's a name I use frequently for all of my online accounts and yes, when I was younger I did tag a few spots with OCSlacker but I've also used PK at times.

I have no idea what the intention of the graffiti on the roof could be but it seems more likely it is simply a tag. Just like the Booger 780 krew tag on the cistern. Seems like a person is tagging his/her crew. Meaning fecto, her,c#$&, and suma are all part of the same tagging krew. Look up krew, spelled with a k in the urban dictionary, it might help you get the idea
Fecto - Fekto - has these tags on statigram. He seems to be wellknown in LA:
http://statigr.am/tag/fekto
So...I think you all can leave this trace....

I understand about use of nicknames and vandalism. Ty. If the graffiti was just tagging 4 different people, then you're saying not only Feckto and Suma are nicknames, but also Her and C*nt?

I'm more prone to believe the 4 words "Fecto c*nt her suma" were used in conjunction to form a phrase.

But our disparate opinions may be entirely irrelevant until LE confirms she wrote the graffiti on the tank.

Elisa Lam's killer suspect - YouTube Is this what you are talking about? I couldn't find a video referencing a suspect.... Can I post this here? I don't know.....Interested in what her friends postcard said that she received from EL that was strange. And what about the "Left For Dead" Reference? Has this been mentioned in her blog somewhere? Someone may have went over this already in past posts...if so, sorry.

Tried to find the Left For Dead reference on tumblr, but it's not showing anything specific...Tumblr is confusing me. People had found posts of her writing, but when I go directly to her tumblr page, I'm having a hard time finding actual posts she has written. I just see pictures she has posted and reblogs. So maybe I'm missing something here.

I have to wonder where the people who made that video got their information. For all we know, they're pulling stuff out of the air. I am so wary of people not citing any sources.

Interesting, guess Fekto likes to switch up his/her spelling of the tag.

Comparing the two graffiti pics on the roof with one of these Instagram pics, I see similarities (but mixed) on the E, T, and that three slash symbol that looks like rays of light or something:

Roof pump:
1361522179123201302220032567_46318.jpg

Roof glass:
IMG%5D

Random tag mid 2012 (note E is similar to the E on pump. T is similar to T on roof. The ray of light thing is similar to the pump.)
8bd5a222b71711e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

Fecto - Fekto - has these tags on statigram. He seems to be wellknown in LA:
http://statigr.am/tag/fekto
So...I think you all can leave this trace....

Another thing I noticed is Elisa's gesture in the elevator video right before her one last attempt to take the elevator down. She puts her hands up beside her head in a gesture that I've seen people do when they have heard enough in an argument. Its a common gesture that people make before walking away in exasperation, they motion as if about to cover their ears as they walk away. It basically says to the other person "I don't want to hear any more of this from you. This argument is over, I'm not going to listen to it or speak to it any more"
see what I mean at 1:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tma5vPe6EQ

It appears as though she could be arguing with an imagined ghost.
If she truly is bipolar, she could have a split personality (MPD/DID) with alter personalities or identities present in her mind, and a schizophrenic
tendency to 'hear voices' and carry on arguments between the differing 'alters' in her mind, which is said to be commonplace for people with the condition.

does anyone think she may be disoriented and accidentally pressed the intercom or emergency button? They say she may have been very near blind without her thick glasses on, so....maybe she accidentally pressed the intercom button.
They say that she was on heavy psychiatric medicine , two types of antidepressant plus Adderall . If she had mental health issues such as DID or Bipolar or schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder , she might have been confused
by the elevator intercom speaking to her at around the 2 minute mark of the video. If you watch closely you see that she appears to push the intercom button just before then and just before leaving the elevator. Its right then that she starts speaking to an unknown and unseen person , which is likely the intercom attendant for the elevator company.

If she is already mentally ill, frightened , disoriented, hearing internal voices etc. , then the disembodied voice coming from the intercom might have even further confused her, since she may not have even been aware of pushing the button or that intercom speakers existed in elevators etc. Just a thought, and is there any way to know if the elevator intercom system has an intercom speaker both inside and outside the elevators on each floor? This could explain her seeming to freak out over unsourced voices addressing her right at the time that she may be having dissociative flashbacks to Darkwater , panic attacks, etc.

we6I2JX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member