CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tags are probably territorial in nature.. not sure of the meaning in the taggers world but I found a flickr account this morning with a whole section related to fecto and another with some suma references

not sure if i'm allowed to post a link to the account

It looks like Fekto is a graffitti/tagger. But what about Suma? Did you figure out what Sums C**t means?

Can you imagine if the tests come back inconclusive and we still don't how she died? Or if LE writes it off as "death by misadventure" or just leaves it undetermined? I feel like that would the saddest part of all this. (Other than her death, of course.)

Unfortunately, I think this is where we are headed. If the police had a reason to make an arrest, they would do so by now. Even if the toxicology reports come back positive for something, it just doesn't add up that someone in a drugged state can make it up to those tanks on her own, up steep ladders and slip in, leaving behind no sandals/clothes, etc. on her way up.

In response to Post 536 by Shygamer, the lawsuit provides a range of legal tools (known as "discovery") to obtain evidence, including testimony, relevant to the allegations in the complaint. And it puts the hotel on notice that the destruction of relevant evidence while a lawsuit is pending also has legal consequences. I see nothing inappropriate in the "early" filing as there appears to have been many acts of negligence by the hotel.

I'm extremely nearsighted. My contact prescription is -7.5 and -8, so that's pretty bad. If she were as nearsighted as I am, she absolutely would have to look that close at the buttons. Without my contacts or glasses, I can only see my hand clearly if it's about 2 inches from my face...

Wow. I'm starting to realize my vision isn't as bad as I thought!

It looks like Fekto is a graffitti/tagger. But what about Suma? Did you figure out what Sums C**t means?
looks like another tagger or turf type of thing... A couple/few pages back I posted a link to a account that has the fecto and suma tags

the graffiti seems to be a bad lead...

You would think that the guest could hear some movement in the room and why didn't the security guy call out to the cleaners if they were in there? Tell them to hurry up as a guest wants to check in :( Usually you get to go into the room you were given only can ask to move if the guest requests to be moved for some reason I would think. Yes strange why the security would ask him if he had the wrong room, as aren't the keys numbered weird to say the least for sure. Still think that room is important in this case JMO

Yeah, on one of the earlier threads I think there was a photo of the keys. Numbered keys for the Cecil; key cards for Stay, I believe.

In some of the other Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews (I linked to them a few pages ago), people were complaining that they didn't like their rooms (too small, no bathroom, not what they expected) and were not allowed to move.

Reviews also say that the top floors (14 and 15) are "nicer" (a relative term here!) because of the view.

Unfortunately, I think this is where we are headed. If the police had a reason to make an arrest, they would do so by now. Even if the toxicology reports come back positive for something, it just doesn't add up that someone in a drugged state can make it up to those tanks on her own, up steep ladders and slip in, leaving behind no sandals/clothes, etc. on her way up.

I'm leaning more and more towards it being a suicide. The queued up tumblr posts seem to be the biggest statement. You only do that if you know you won't be making any more posts, her earlier blogs never ending discussion of depression, then the video. I've come to think the video is nothing more than a young lady at odds with herself in her finals hours.

I'm not done digging yet but I think I'll refocus on things that will break down my current views instead of supporting them

I feel as if I am falling down the rabbit hole when I check these threads lately.

Hello. I am new here but have been lurking for a couple of months. Started lurking in the Sandy Hook threads. I just wanted to share a link that I don't think has been posted. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I have not read every single post in all 4 Elisa Lam threads but I have tried to read most. :)

Anyway the link is here. I have not seen that picture of her posted anywhere, which is why I thought this was "new."

The link is about 7 high school students (EL included) who each won $800 to continue their education. It says "Future Leaders" at the top. :( The actual text reads:

We were happy to give 7 high school students each a scholarship of $800 for their continuing education. Pictured from left to right: Andrea Boyer (accounting or real estate) Ryan Quistberg (heavy equipment) Saskia Vermeulen (elementary school teacher) George Vlahos (business law) Elisa Lam (environmental issues) Hanna Smyth (history and english) Emily Chen (pastry arts). Congratulations to all of you!

I have reuploaded the picture to imgur.

2JOOJhG.jpg

I might come back and share thoughts later. I am very sleep deprived right now.

I'm leaning more and more towards it being a suicide. The queued up tumblr posts seem to be the biggest statement. You only do that if you know you won't be making any more posts, her earlier blogs never ending discussion of depression, then the video. I've come to think the video is nothing more than a young lady at odds with herself in her finals hours.

I'm not done digging yet but I think I'll refocus on things that will break down my current views instead of supporting them

I keep going back and forth between suicide and murder (by an employee or resident). It's an odd way to kill yourself, but I've heard of stranger things. And the human mind works in weird ways. The thing that steers me away from suicide is how she got into the tank on her own.

So sad, she had so much potential! From reading her Tumblr posts, it appears post high school, she went into an academic and psychological funk. I'm sure she would have risen above it, found herself, and done quite well in her life.

Hello. I am new here but have been lurking for a couple of months. Started lurking in the Sandy Hook threads. I just wanted to share a link that I don't think has been posted. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I have not read every single post in all 4 Elisa Lam threads but I have tried to read most. :)

Anyway the link is here. I have not seen that picture of her posted anywhere, which is why I thought this was "new."

The link is about 7 high school students (EL included) who each won $800 to continue their education. It says "Future Leaders" at the top. :( The actual text reads:

I have reuploaded the picture to imgur.

2JOOJhG.jpg

I might come back and share thoughts later. I am very sleep deprived right now.

After watching the video, reading tons on this thread and elsewhere and looking at more pictures of those water tanks I am of the believe that EL did not put herself in that tank. I think the process one would have to go through to end up in that tank requires a lot of planning and steps. If EL ended up in that tank by her own doing I believe she had to be in an altered state. I do not see how she could accomplish all the steps necessary to end up as she did in a very disordered state. had she ended up in an open pool or even a tank that was was open and easily accesible I could see an accident. However, to end up as she did she would have had to climb two ladders, the second ladder not being obvious so she would have had to locate it, move a heavy lid, then find a way to get herself into the tank, close the tank lid. This is a simplifed list of what she would have had to accomplish while either in a pschosis or under the influence of drugs. I think she may have gone up the roof willingly. Her behavior in the elevator may demonstrate her hyperactivity even mania or yes maybe hallucinating. I think mental illness or maybe drugs made her vunerable to the situation she ended up in but I just can't see how she could have ended up as she did by her own hands.

mjak

I'm not saying you're wrong, because suicide is definitely a possibility, but a note about the queue: Tumblr users frequently run their queues even when they're around. I always queue up my stuff during the day so that it doesn't publish all in one go, and I'd guess that about half of the 600 blogs I follow do the same. Just keeps your followers' dashboards paced a little better. Not uncommon to have it constantly full with 2+ wks of stuff that slowly trickles out. When I go on vacation, I always add extra stuff to my queue to keep my blog active.

Wow, lots of posts and theories! I have no theories to add, but I do have thoughts about the video tape.

Both of the hotels where I worked had video surveillance, with cameras at the entrance (s) and at the front desk, and neither used a digital system. One place recorded the feed and the other didn't. The place that recorded the feed had what two VCRs (essentially), and one would record until the tape ran out and then the other would take over. For those of you old enough to remember VHS tapes, you know that there is a a non-recordable section of tape at the beginning at end, which connects the video tape to the spool. Our tapes were made the same, so when the tape switched over, we'd miss 30-60 seconds of action.

We also reused our tapes. They were kept for a certain period of time (I want to say two weeks, but I can't quite remember), then they would be put back into circulation. In my youth, I was an avid tv recorder and had several dozen VHS tapes that I would use to record tv shows to watch later. You could set tapes to record SP (short play), LP (long play), or SLP (super long play). SP would get you about 2 hours of recording time and the quality would be very good. SLP would get you about 8 hours of recording time and the quality would be acceptable. If you frequently reused a tape to record SLP, over time you would get ghosting, which is remnants of your previous recording showing up on the new recording.

There was a similar situation with the tapes we used at the hotel. We were recording from static cameras that didn't move, so most of what we were recording just looked like a still picture. Over time, the tapes would degrade and there would be ghosting. I think that the reuse of tapes at SLP would, over time, create the strange movements people are seeing on the video.

As far as the blurred timestamp, I'm going to guess it's because of two reasons. One, if they are using an old system to record, that could cause the timestamp to be fuzzy and not work properly. Also, because the timestamp is always in the same spot, that could burn the image onto the tape, making things even worse. Two, since LE released the video to the public, I'm assuming they took the tape as evidence and copied that section of tape, which could have distorted the image even further.

In any case, this is simply an amateur analysis and I could be completely wrong about why the tape looks distorted.

I'm not saying you're wrong, because suicide is definitely a possibility, but a note about the queue: Tumblr users frequently run their queues even when they're around. I always queue up my stuff during the day so that it doesn't publish all in one go, and I'd guess that about half of the 600 blogs I follow do the same. Just keeps your followers' dashboards paced a little better. Not uncommon to have it constantly full with 2+ wks of stuff that slowly trickles out. When I go on vacation, I always add extra stuff to my queue to keep my blog active.

I would think that if she wanted to commitee suicide there would be a lot of easier ways to do it. Here writings on Tumbler do not appear to indicate she was suicidal.

mjak

If the result of the investigation is accidental death/suicide, the reaction of the family will be very telling. If they accept that conclusion, then maybe her psychological problems were more serious than what's been reported.

If on the other hand they believe Elisa has been murdered, they might turn to the media/public for help. Then a lot of new informations will be made available.

I'm betting that the tox report will come back positive for antidepressants, but inconclusive for the cause of death.

I found this on Tumblr which I thought everyone should see. One of her friends on Tumblr mentions that she did bring up her Tumblr posts to LE. so, LE is indeed aware of Elisa's Tumblr. This woman encourages other tumblr users to contact LAPD and also says things "didn't add up."

7XlV7G3AUsjOydONEZ6GGTRNKf0e7BVJFm6HznDIq01_lGckLvETLlaoCrywKNz2bfcOe7JRHm2fAQV3LUBnkGQH1YgiyfoY5r_26W806QAqPBLPhPRP8eSg

Elisa's university profile

I'm assuming that is hers & that you guys have seen it. I just haven't seen it posted so here it is just in case. Also it only has 396 hits. There is not much content there at all, unfortunately.

If that is her, it looks like she was going to study psychology, or at least it says that one of her research interests is psychology. She probably wanted to help others based on her experiences with mental illness. She also added herself to the arts department which seems to match with, well her interest in art.

I am just using my search engine skills (lol hardly) to find any instance of her on the web that isn't related to her tragic death... I and many others are interested in who she was in life, as opposed to only being interested in her death. Sorry if I am not expressing myself well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member