CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The newspaper articles if they are to be believed indicate that around 50 rooms out of 600 were occupied. That probably means that there were entire floors or entire wings of the building that had nobody in them. A long term insider would have known which areas were best to take her to if he was worried about noise.

If she was kept alive in one of the empty rooms, LAPD search dogs should have found her on Feb 6th. But they needed probable cause to inspect "occupied" rooms. This means that if he wanted her kept alive, the killer had control over the registry - with fake guests placed around her.

Video: I read that one of the rooms on the 14th floor is the Night Stalker's room, Richard Ramirez. I wonder if the killer was giving her a late-night scare-tour of the Hotel. Maybe that's where she came from.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your experience. I think I would have started freaking when I saw a coiincidence like the above too.

Funnily enough, I watched a film called '1408' over the weekend and your experience took me right back to that film. If you haven't already seen it, I think you would enjoy it.

Is'nt 1408 the John Cusack movie?

Looked really scary

Is there room service at the Cecil? From everything I've heard about it, I'd be surprised to hear that they offer that kind of thing (and even more surprised if people actually make use of it, ick).

Room service at the Cecil probably starts and ends in "here's the granola bar you ordered"

To lighten things up, I linked the entire movie of Dark Water, the movie everyone's comparing this case to...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfHe7khS_Y"]Dark Water - YouTube[/ame]

Room service at the Cecil probably starts and ends in "here's the granola bar you ordered"

I took a quick glance at their website and they do have breakfast (which people have mentioned previously from reviews and whatnot as being a centrally located "continental"-type breakfast) and an on-site coffee shop, but there's no mention of room service. Thank goodness.

http://www.thececilhotel.com/default.aspx?pg=stay

If she was kept alive in one of the empty rooms, LAPD search dogs should have found her on Feb 6th. But they needed probable cause to inspect "occupied" rooms. This means that if he wanted her kept alive, the killer had control over the registry - with fake guests placed around her.

Video: I read that one of the rooms on the 14th floor is the Night Stalker's room, Richard Ramirez. I wonder if the killer was giving her a late-night scare-tour of the Hotel. Maybe that's where she came from.

That's what I thought, I'm sure most folks staying at the Cecil for first timers would walk around out of curiosity

Why? They're pretty standard at hotels

Cecil isn't just your ordinary hotel though...

but then that's just my opinion.....

do you guys want me to ask one of the investigator's to check it out to see?

The picture of the opening on the top of the tank that I have seen do not look like they are intended as an access point for a person. They look more for access to the water for testing, to put equipment in to drain or fill the tanks. I have no first hand knowledge of this but I would think that human access would be best achieved by complete removal of the lid. The lids do appear to be seperate pieces so probably removable with the right knowledge and tooks.

mjak

But over and connected to the lid she was in are a whole bunch of pipes and tubes and fixtures and nuts and bolts...so removing the big round lid would have been next to impossible...the square hatch withing the lid/ cut into the lid could well be for water testing as you say...but there's no way the whole big round lid was removed to put her in.

I've never given any credence to what that <modsnip> guy said about the noise and flooding.

He's 89 and living in the Cecil Hotel.

<modsnip>.

And he's got 1 minute of glory with a news reporter. It's the most attention he's had in decades. <modsnip>.

I haven't read of any other resident or guest complaining of a noise loud enough to knock them out of bed or flooding on one of the floors.

4th floor or 14th floor.

Thanks very much for the link but when I attempted to open the page it shows a 404 error. It may have been removed or just having problems loading.

Got the link to work and it says" reportedly,Lam was staying on the 4th floor, one floor above BD's room"

I can understand why people would think this is correct but I've done some searching and every address that shows BD at the Cecil shows him being on the 14th floor. I know what's been reported in the news is that he is on 3 but that isn't what any records I have found have shown. I would post a few links to prove this point but I don't think they are allowed. A quick search is easy to do though. Also, in a news interview, BD is not shown saying he is on any floor specifically. I posted the link to the interview in a previous thread and so have others. Can't seem to find it, could a moderator have removed this link? Not sure why unless it's because he is identified in the interview. This of course does not prove she wasn't on the 4th floor either.
BD can be living on a different floor. I remember reading about another old man living as a long-time guest at Cecil, he had been moved around at Cecil several times. So it could have happen to BD (Bernard Diaz) as well.

I've never given any credence to what that <modsnip> guy said about the noise and flooding.

<modsnip>.

And he's got 1 minute of glory with a news reporter. It's the most attention he's had in decades. <modsnip>.

I haven't read of any other resident or guest complaining of a noise loud enough to knock them out of bed or flooding on one of the floors.

4th floor or 14th floor.

That's very anti octogenarian

Has anyone else been checking up how many hotel guests who actually have an address at Cecil hotel..on each floor? I did a check at 14th floor and there were 46 people namned within 15 rooms between room number 1401-1435. Do all these rooms on 14th floor have a number that starts with "14.."?

<modsnip>.

4th floor or 14th floor.

You could be correct, but after living there for more than 30 years he would certainly know what noises and other things would be out of the ordinary for that hotel.

And my following question. Do all the room numbers on floor 15th starts with "15.."? And my fourth question. Has anyone knowledge about how many hotel rooms there are on floor 14 and floor 15?

I've never given any credence to what that old guy said about the noise and flooding.

His initials probably stand for Mr. Picklehead in spanish.

And he's got 1 minute of glory with a news reporter. It's the most attention he's had in decades. He'd say anything he thought they'd want to hear.

4th floor or 14th floor.

There is a 10 percent occupancy at the Cecil. It's not unusual if no one else heard the reported "thump" sound of its older plumbing. Three sounds associated with older plumbing:

1. Water Hammer - sudden surge
2. Whistling - water forced into too tight of a pipe
3. Chattering - loose fitting pipes that vibrate against each other

The water hammer is the thumping sound in the pipes when the valves are suddenly turned off by a change in water pressure. It can be very loud and lead to broken pipes and flooding.

It's not an unusual report, and it's consistent with the old plumbing.

Originally Posted by sillybilly
Her sister's Twitter describes what Elisa was wearing when last seen, and her very next tweet says "no glasses".

FWIW, her sister also says Elisa was last seen the morning of Feb 1
Thanks, I found it. It seems that she is giving a description of what her sister was wearing. No glasses might just mean that her sister had switched to contacts. Hard to say what the significance could be. If she needed glasses or contacts to see and didn't have them with her, I don't know how she could function at all.

Thanks, I found it. It seems that she is giving a description of what her sister was wearing. No glasses might just mean that her sister had switched to contacts. Hard to say what the significance could be. If she needed glasses or contacts to see and didn't have them with her, I don't know how she could function at all.

Don't forget, if she was indeed wearing contacts this entire time, you cannot rule out the possibility that she did not have her contacts on while she was being recorded via the CCTV camera on the elevator at the Cecil Hotel.

It would explain why she made a fuss pressing the middle row buttons with her face so close to the panel, and being unbeknownst about pressing the DOOR HOLD button, explaining why the elevator door remained opened.

Now in my theory, if Elisa Lam was (or already had) taking a shower in my theory of the events that happened during the time the CCTV footage was recorded, that would mean Elisa Lam would of need to remove her contacts in order to take a shower. So now we need to figure out the events that followed after Elisa Lam had walked off camera from the elevator for the last time.

But there is a contradiction here. Elisa Lam is staying on the Stay At Main floors (around the 4-6th floors I think) that require a keycard in order to access the public shower/toilet rooms.

What would she be doing on the upper Cecil Hotel floors? (14th-15th floor) Do those public shower rooms require a keycard as well? or a traditional key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat