CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
guys,

i'm in a chinese group and there's someone heading over to Cecil in the next few days. Maybe we can pass a few questions for them and see if they can do some investigation there.

I'm not familiar with the person we are simply in the same group. If anyone has anything really specific, I can pass along and hope they can find the answer.
Great! I would like to know how many hotel-rooms there are on floor 14 and 15. Maybe there are the same amount on each floor. And are the room numbers connected to that certain floor as "15.." for floor 15? Is there a combined kitchen and living-room on both 14th and 15th floor. Is that room located directly to the right when you are standing in fron of the elevators? And I really would like that group to get in touch with some long-time guest at Cecil.

Great! I would like to know how many hotel-rooms there are on floor 14 and 15. Maybe there are the same amount on each floor. And are the room numbers connected to that certain floor as "15.." for floor 15? Is there a combined kitchen and living-room on both 14th and 15th floor. Is that room located directly to the right when you are standing in fron of the elevators? And I really would like that group to get in touch with some long-time guest at Cecil.

have you looked at some of the videos posted? some chinese groups went in there already and took some pretty good pictures and videos. Please check some of my old posts or the translations that Anansie did on the posts. i'm pretty sure all the rooms start with the floor number.

Has anyone else been checking up how many hotel guests who actually have an address at Cecil hotel..on each floor? I did a check at 14th floor and there were 46 people namned within 15 rooms between room number 1401-1435. Do all these rooms on 14th floor have a number that starts with "14.."?

From the videos we've seen it seems that yes all the room that are on the 14th floor start with the number 14 and the same with other floors

The hotel is said to have between 600 and 700 rooms depending on what you read or when it was written... The hotel has gone through a few remodels so I imagine the number or rooms had fluctuated over the years which may account for the discrepancy when you read reports

guys,

i'm in a chinese group and there's someone heading over to Cecil in the next few days. Maybe we can pass a few questions for them and see if they can do some investigation there.

I'm not familiar with the person we are simply in the same group. If anyone has anything really specific, I can pass along and hope they can find the answer.
And.. are there any cameras in the hallways on floor 14th and 15th? Is it possible to locate these occupied apartments (hotel-rooms) on floor 14-15? What about the lock to the door to the serviceroom up on the roof, is it broken or taken away? Can anyone on the hotel give an answer how many times a month service staff are up on the roof (that comment about an water test february 14)? Where is it easiest way to get a body up on the roof, somebody has said the fire escape at the front of the building. But there you could be seen from street below.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your experience. I think I would have started freaking when I saw a coiincidence like the above too.

Funnily enough, I watched a film called '1408' over the weekend and your experience took me right back to that film. If you haven't already seen it, I think you would enjoy it.

Thanks, jellybeanz, it's now at the top of my Netflix queue. I already detailed what a fraidycat I am, so thanks, thanks a lot! :floorlaugh:

have you looked at some of the videos posted? some chinese groups went in there already and took some pretty good pictures and videos. Please check some of my old posts or the translations that Anansie did on the posts. i'm pretty sure all the rooms start with the floor number.
Yes, I have but it is difficult to see all the room numbers.

I think it would be best to PM requests, or else to have the mods set up a sticky so that we can organize a list.
Yes, I believe the same about organizing questions. I wished I could be there myself but now we have the time to actually get some new views.

There is a 10 percent occupancy at the Cecil. It's not unusual if no one else heard the reported "thump" sound of its older plumbing. Three sounds associated with older plumbing:

1. Water Hammer - sudden surge
2. Whistling - water forced into too tight of a pipe
3. Chattering - loose fitting pipes that vibrate against each other

The water hammer is the thumping sound in the pipes when the valves are suddenly turned off by a change in water pressure. It can be very loud and lead to broken pipes and flooding.

It's not an unusual report, and it's consistent with the old plumbing.
/

Well, my take is Mr Diaz is probably frustrated with the Cecil mgmt for non response to problems getting fixed, so yeah, this was his moment to vent frustration

And.. are there any cameras in the hallways on floor 14th and 15th? Is it possible to locate these occupied apartments (hotel-rooms) on floor 14-15? What about the lock to the door to the serviceroom up on the roof, is it broken or taken away? Can anyone on the hotel give an answer how many times a month service staff are up on the roof (that comment about an water test february 14)? Where is it easiest way to get a body up on the roof, somebody has said the fire escape at the front of the building. But there you could be seen from street below.

There are no cameras in the hallways.
the service room on the roof, the lower level door can be easily opened.
i don't think anyone at the hotel will answer questions but i can raise the question.
easiest will probably be by the stairs. there are 3 different fire escapes, 1 at the front, 1 in the middle section and 1 at the back of the building.

Yes, I have but it is difficult to see all the room numbers.
I think you can safely assume that all the rooms that start with 14 are on the 14th floor, it's almost a standard in multiple floor buildings to be numbered this way

As for how many rooms on each floor I think this graphic you yourself posted is as good as we'll get
http://imageshack.us/a/img33/2324/29131710.png

looks like about 45- 50

Snipped

there are 3 different fire escapes, 1 at the front, 1 in the middle section and 1 at the back of the building.

Looking at the aerial view on google maps I count 5 fire escapes, 6 if you count the stairwell leading to the roof

I think you can safely assume that all the rooms that start with 14 are on the 14th floor, it's almost a standard in multiple floor buildings to be numbered this way

As for how many rooms on each floor I think this graphic you yourself posted is as good as we'll get
http://imageshack.us/a/img33/2324/29131710.png

looks like about 45- 50
Yes, but then you need to know if these room numbers starts with 1401 (which it should) and what number it ends with. When I was checking up the 14th floor there were long-time recidence in room: 1402-1403-1406-1408-1410-1411-1417-1418-1421-1423-1427-1432-1334-1435-1441

The reason I want to know this is to get knowledge about these long-time staying, any possible occupants and how these hallways are used during daytime.

Looking at the aerial view on google maps I count 5 fire escapes, 6 if you count the stairwell leading to the roof

How? i've only been able to see 3 from the floor plans. and 2 stairs, 1 of them is marked NO ROOF ACCESS.

Five? There is one in the back of the building, one in the front and one in the middle section. Where are the others? Except of the locked and larmed door.

Yes, but then you need to know if these room numbers starts with 1401 (which it should) and what number it ends with. When I was checking up the 14th floor there were long-time recidence in room: 1402-1403-1406-1408-1410-1411-1417-1418-1421-1423-1427-1432-1334-1435-1441

The reason I want to know this is to get knowledge about these long-time staying, any possible occupants and how these hallways are used during daytime.

From the videos and pictures we've seen so far, the hallways are typically empty and the chances of you bumping into someone is not too high. it is a little like a ghost town there.

dig around, i remember seeing a picture of the 4th floor with some indication to room numbers.

Is there any other footage of her at the hotel? Surely there's many videos of her in the elevator and in the lobby during her stay there.

Five? There is one in the back of the building, one in the front and one in the middle section. Where are the others? Except of the locked and larmed door.
make it 4 plus the stairwell that leads to the roof..

one of the things I thought was a fire escape is probably a trash chute...lol

They didn't remove the lid of the whole tank to get the body out, so it seems unlikely that someone needed to remove it to get the body in.

Has somebody already said? They cut a big hole in the side of the tank to get her body out.

But the access hole on top was plenty large enough for the average body to go into. I agree no way would someone remove the entire lid to get in. It would weight too much.

nothing has been posted apart from the one in the elevator.

But you'd think there must be some more footage....possibly showing her with someone...showing anything...anything of interest.

Surely they don't just have that moment in time of her acting strange in the elevator.

There must be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member