Found Safe CA - Carlos, 2, & Jayden Cortez, 1, Cathedral City, 23 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope they weren't sitting there alone in the dark all that time :( how scary for them

"...the sheriff's deputy found the Accord at 2:29 a.m. Friday. It was parked next to Grace Church in the 17-400 [sic] block of Bubbling Wells Road in Desert Hot Springs." http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...s-abducted-cathedral-city-car-theft/99568362/

The church is in a fairly remote location, with not really anything much else around. It seems to me that either they were there for hours and hours or the thief took them somewhere else (had help caring for them?) and brought them there in the middle of the night (with a getaway ride)? Maybe called in a tip? Hard to think of anyone even seeing that car way out there in the dark. JMO

I hope they weren't sitting there alone in the dark all that time :( how scary for them

I know. My heart hurt when I thought about that. I have a 1 & 2yr old, too, and I know they'd be scared. At least they are safe. I'm interested to hear more about potential suspects.

http://ktla.com/2017/03/23/amber-al...len-in-cathedral-city-with-2-toddlers-inside/

Authorities on Thursday were searching for two young boys who were abducted in Cathedral City during a vehicle theft, authorities said.

The children, ages 1 and 2, were in a white, 2016 Honda Accord with tinted windows and license plate No. 7TJR654, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Their names are Jayden and Carlos Cortez.

My hubby works there in Cat city and I got the amber alert. It was poor at best! No description of the victims or mention. I'm glad you picked this up bc I was wondering what on Sam Hill was going on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little info on that area - it is mostly low-middle income Hispanic families. I go there often to the Home Depot etc. I often have to stop and find the owners of stray dogs that are running around. It is basically like a little Mexico area. I would say Cathedral City and Desert Hot Springs are where you find the higher crime rates and incidents (with Desert Hot Springs taking the most brunt of crime). The scary thing is the location is very close to the I10. Also the exit leading from Ramon Rd to the bob hope exit is a human trafficking hub. I worry these children, if not killed, will be sold! The area is an easy way for thieves to get a quick steal and flee the desert on the 10. :(

I am willing to bet the perp lives in Desert Hot Springs if he is still in the desert. It is NOT the best area AT ALL. Lots of meth. I used to drive Indian canyon to get home, which is the access road for many DHS folks, but found too many drunk and erratic drivers nearly killed me. So no thanks. It is so bad that surrounding cities do not want to allow a bus line from Desert Hot Springs to the Rancho Mirage/Cathedral City/Palm Desert area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlos Cortez, the thankful father of the boys, expressed how grateful he was after hearing his "babies" were found safe in a Facebook post Friday morning.
After an 8-hour-long search, the toddlers were found inside the abandoned car Friday around 2:40 a.m. The car, which was left with its engine still on, had been parked at a church in the 17400 block of Bubbling Springs Road in Desert Hot Springs.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/cal...s-Found-Safe-Inside-Stolen-Car-417028273.html

17498987_739299022911611_3656795903458178363_n.jpg

8 hours! Poor little guys. They were taken to a hospital for evaluation and released to their parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back