Found Safe CA - Carlos, 2, & Jayden Cortez, 1, Cathedral City, 23 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I want to hear these babies are safe. I'm sick to my stomach over this. They must be terrified!

I know!

If this is exactly what it sounds like, a random auto theft, then the suspect got a heck of a lot more than they bargained for with two children in the back. The thought of a high-speed pursuit scares the heck out of me and may not end well.

It seems like there has been an uptick in AA's lately where a) the missing child was not in the stolen car and was never missing or b) the missing child doesn't even exist. Infuriating! I'm not getting the feeling that this is one of those cases, though. :(

I know!

If this is exactly what it sounds like, a random auto theft, then the suspect got a heck of a lot more than they bargained for with two children in the back. The thought of a high-speed pursuit scares the heck out of me and may not end well.

It seems like there has been an uptick in AA's lately where a) the missing child was not in the stolen car and was never missing or b) the missing child doesn't even exist. Infuriating! I'm not getting the feeling that this is one of those cases, though. :(

I think your right. Honda's are one of the most stolen cars.

http://ktla.com/2017/03/23/amber-al...len-in-cathedral-city-with-2-toddlers-inside/

Authorities on Thursday were searching for two young boys who were abducted in Cathedral City during a vehicle theft, authorities said.

The children, ages 1 and 2, were in a white, 2016 Honda Accord with tinted windows and license plate No. 7TJR654, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Their names are Jayden and Carlos Cortez.

Oh boy - from your link:

The person stole the vehicle around 6:45 p.m. from the 31500 block of Whispering Palms Trail, officers said.

That's over 5 hours ago. I'd think the thief would have dropped those kids off like hot potatoes the first chance he/she could manage. That makes me very worried for their safety.

For some reason the police have no description of clothing that Carlos was wearing although they said Jayden was wearing a white shirt and blue shorts. I'm feeling a bit suspicious but I don't have a good reason for that at the moment. I think I've followed too many phony carjacking stories. :blushing:

I hope the kids are found safe and soon.

I can find nothing new on these babies. :tears:

Oh boy - from your link:

That's over 5 hours ago. I'd think the thief would have dropped those kids off like hot potatoes the first chance he/she could manage. That makes me very worried for their safety.

For some reason the police have no description of clothing that Carlos was wearing although they said Jayden was wearing a white shirt and blue shorts. I'm feeling a bit suspicious but I don't have a good reason for that at the moment. I think I've followed too many phony carjacking stories. :blushing:

I hope the kids are found safe and soon.

I don't understand what's happening with this case. I know we should't say what we would do in the same situation, but I can't help it! I know I would be begging any news outlet that would listen to let me plead with the abductors to drop my children off somewhere safe!!!

I don't understand what's happening with this case. I know we should't say what we would do in the same situation, but I can't help it! I know I would be begging any news outlet that would listen to let me plead with the abductors to drop my children off somewhere safe!!!

I hear ya sister. I went to bed and couldn't sleep thinking about these little ones.

I think it's okay to post this link:

The AP reported that the babysitter “stepped out for an errand and someone stole” the car.
The names of the boys’ mother and father were also not released. However, the father, also named [Carlos C] (I redacted his last name just in case), has posted a string of posts on Facebook about the missing toddlers, including, “My boys are in the car if anyone sees anything plz let me know or the police.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/03/jayde...s-mother-father-babysitter-california-photos/

I don't know much about twitter, but I was just now checking it about the boys and someone said they were found safe in desert hot springs. I hope this is true.

The car and the children were found early Friday in Desert Hot Springs.
Police say they have no information on the suspect.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap...car-2-toddlers-safe-inside.html#ixzz4cEpIQ47i

The car was found in Desert Hot Springs so the thieves didn't get far. They must have realized the babies were in back and ditched the vehicle. I hope LE can get some finger prints or DNA evidence out of the vehicle and make an arrest! I'm so happy for the little one's parents! I can't even imagine going through this!

And on this happy note.............:eek:fftobed:

Found safe!

[video=twitter;845215347661717506]https://twitter.com/KTLAnewsdesk/status/845215347661717506[/video]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Ca...-with-two-toddlers-safe-inside-417005323.html

CATHEDRAL CITY, Calif. (AP) - Two Southern California toddlers have been found safe after authorities located the car they'd been in when it was stolen.

Cathedral City police said on Twitter that the two brothers were in their babysitter's Honda Accord when she stepped out for an errand Thursday night and someone stole it.

The children were found early Friday in Desert Hot Springs.

Police say they have no information on the suspect.

Desert Hot Springs is about 12 miles north of Palm Springs and about 100 miles east of Los Angeles

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I'm so glad this ended well...hopefully the babysitter learned a lesson about not leaving children in a car.

Thank GOODNESS they're safe! This is still showing as an Amber Alert on my iNews app - in the trending section. It's a CNN pierce by Joe Sutton (says story updated 1 hr ago but not that they were found.) I came over here to find they are safe!

"...the sheriff's deputy found the Accord at 2:29 a.m. Friday. It was parked next to Grace Church in the 17-400 [sic] block of Bubbling Wells Road in Desert Hot Springs." http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...s-abducted-cathedral-city-car-theft/99568362/

The church is in a fairly remote location, with not really anything much else around. It seems to me that either they were there for hours and hours or the thief took them somewhere else (had help caring for them?) and brought them there in the middle of the night (with a getaway ride)? Maybe called in a tip? Hard to think of anyone even seeing that car way out there in the dark. JMO

Just came to see if they had been located. When I didnt see the *located* on the thread my heart sunk. But so glad to see they are found.

Not to place blame, especially because I do not know the full story, but I would most likely be looking for another babysitter. I'm so, so happy the babies were found especially knowing the alternate outcome was a possibility. Hugs to the family.

I was in a crowded restaurant last night with my daughter and her boyfriend. All 3 of our cell phones went off at the same moment, as did the 2 cells of the table next to ours. We all looked and saw the Amber Alert at the same time, just as we were all heading to our cars. That is a great program they have up and running.

I am so glad we didn't need to keep looking for those adorable boys. What a relief...:skip: :skip:

Wonderful news! My teenage son is new to cell phones, and this AA prompted a sad, but important, conversation last night. I'm so soooo happy that these babies are safe and that my son's first alert has a positive outcome!

I was in a crowded restaurant last night with my daughter and her boyfriend. All 3 of our cell phones went off at the same moment, as did the 2 cells of the table next to ours. We all looked and saw the Amber Alert at the same time, just as we were all heading to our cars. That is a great program they have up and running.

I am so glad we didn't need to keep looking for those adorable boys. What a relief...:skip: :skip:

I read a Facebook comment from someone who was at a very full Staples Center for a game in L.A. They said it was really something when everyone's cell phones when off at the same time! Great way to reach people!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back