Identified! CA - Carlsbad, LIVING WhtFem, 50s, amnesia, Feb'15 - Ashley Menatta

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A woman on the facebook page is saying she rang carlsbad dispatch and they told her the woman was identified.... This is all too weird :/

I thought sam said you could see the beach from the cafe/resteraunt?

You'd only be able to see the beach if you were on it (by which I mean facing it along Marine Parade). There are no tall buildings set back from the beach.

A woman on the facebook page is saying she rang carlsbad dispatch and they told her the woman was identified.... This is all too weird :/
Oh really! Well, tell us the details people! Check daily mail, they always know the first and most don't they? :p

Still not adding up for me. It is weird that the FBI aren't doing any more. The accent definitely doesn't sound Australian to me(I'm an Aussie) . The "o's" and the "A's" are off. We also have an annoying inflection that makes everything sound like a question. Not getting Aussie or Kiwi from her.
Here is a youtube video of a native Perth speaker for reference: [video=youtube;197kHOkNeuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=197kHOkNeuU[/video]

Yep - WA accent just a bit different to the Eastern accent - but still 100% Australian. Really, it doesn't sound like "Sam" at all.

I thought sam said you could see the beach from the cafe/resteraunt?
EDIT: it says across from the ocean.

I agree. I lived on the coast for many years and there is a difference in "across from the ocean" and beachfront.
It's hard to know unless she is willing to talk some more. Seems like she must be getting a million requests.

Oh really! Well, tell us the details people! Check daily mail, they always know the first and most don't they? :p

Does anyone have more news? I also saw a brief comment on FB with someone wanting to know if the identified her. There was no answer and no more updates for now.

I agree. I lived on the coast for many years and there is a difference in "across from the ocean" and beachfront.
It's hard to know unless she is willing to talk some more. Seems like she must be getting a million requests.
OK so you are interpreting "across from the ocean" to mean somewhere, anywhere near the ocean? I would interpret it as across (the sand) or (the street), ie, facing the ocean, ie, ocean views. Why bring up the ocean at all if you aren't looking at it? Come on sandgropers, pitch in...what do you all think?

In the latest hint Tuesday, Carlsbad resident Ann Dahl said she knows the woman from a Bible study at a Catholic church with a significant location.
Woman With Amnesia Relies on Faith, Social Media
“She went by Samantha to us; she called herself Sam,” said Ann Dahl. “She said it was a writer’s name when I met her because she was here from Australia. She referred to Australia back then.”
Dahl told NBC 7 she first met Sam at St. Patrick Catholic Church, which it located at the corner of Adams Street and Tamarack Avenue. The intersection is the same one where firefighters picked up the mysterious woman on Feb. 1, finding her barely breathing.
Dahl believes Sam was homeless, but she seemed genuine in her faith and never asked for money. She regularly saw Sam at St. Patrick, worshipping and attending the Bible study.
Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...atients-Identity-311119921.html#ixzz3ecSbjQSv
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

There is lot's more info at the link.

When NBC 7 asked Carlsbad Police to explain, they referred all questions to the FBI. An FBI spokesperson, aware of the increased media attention around the globe as a result of NBC 7's story, said the new information gathered today should help lead to a definitive identification soon.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...atients-Identity-311119921.html#ixzz3ecUr1yk4
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

OK so you are interpreting "across from the ocean" to mean somewhere, anywhere near the ocean? I would interpret it as across (the sand) or (the street), ie, facing the ocean, ie, ocean views. Why bring up the ocean at all if you aren't looking at it? Come on sandgropers, pitch in...what do you all think?

I am a wa born and bred sandgroper as you call us lol. I just think people describe things diferently. I do think your right that it wasn't 20 yrs ago she was eating at an organic cafe though. More like the last 5 yrs I would think :/

I am a wa born and bred sandgroper as you call us lol. I just think people describe things diferently. I do think your right that it wasn't 20 yrs ago she was eating at an organic cafe though. More like the last 5 yrs I would think :/

Sandgropers: that dates me doesn't it.

AS a previous sandgroper and now long time Melbournian....I sure as hell can't tell if this lady has an accent....which makes me think maybe she is Australian....It's funny how we think we can pick other peoples countries by the way they speak...ie New Zealanders Fush n chups...which I think is very distinct...but we are always gobsmacked at American's interpretations of our accent...we sound horrible lol... and ask do we really sound like that??? Pommies to me (god love ya's) sound very posh...and South Africans...from my ear there is very distinct difference... so who knows...all just speculation....

Wait and see how this pans out over the next few days....

My personal opinion is that that the amnesia has changed her accent. She really could be from anywhere. Makes it all the more hard to figure out :/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell
Back