CA - Cash App Creator, Bob Lee, Stabbed to Death, San Francisco, Apr 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was wondering about that. They likely did a toxicology report on the victim which might indicate what was at play. Also- if they were just drinking all night that def could've added belligerency to an already heated interaction.
Right. They may know if the victim did drugs but whether he did drugs with the suspect or the suspect’s sister is harder to prove. And even if they tested the suspect later and found a drug that stays in the system that long, how can they prove they did the drugs with the victim unless there is an admission by the suspect and/or sister?
For instance, we can all have pot in our system but that doesn’t mean we’ve ever smoked pot together.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is dedicated to discussion of Bob Lee's murder. It is NOT for general discussion about the crime rate in San Francisco or how you think the bail system should work, etc etc. These topics do not relate directly to the case.

Off topic posts derail the thread, taking the focus off the victim and making it all about what YOU want to talk about instead of what other case-dedicated members and guests come to read about in relation to THIS crime.

It's like the threads where John Doe is killed with a gun, and next thing we have pages of discussion about gun control in America and the 2nd Amendment and then it's probably related to Bill and Hilary or the Mexican cartel or Who Knows What.

We have thousands of active threads at Websleuths and try so hard to keep the convo relevant to the case at hand. If your post is not primarily discussing this specific case, it is off topic and will be removed with no explanation other than "Off Topic". Mods are not required to provide a reason and will not respond to the PMs enquiring as to why we did that, why we think that, or how you justify a train of thought that seems to have no relationship to or bearing on the case that appears as the title of this thread.

Stay on topic.

THANK YOU.

That was very strange to me. Does she think her brother is innocent? That would be the only reason to boldly support him in that way. But she acknowledged herself that her brother came down hard on Lee so there are missing pieces we don’t know about yet.

Sounds like she may have been supporting Lee in words only? It could be a case of blood is thicker than water. Denial regardless of what the facts are.

So far the husband doesn’t seem to be concerned about infidelity, outwardly anyway.

The family has its own reasons for supporting one of their own, IMO. They are victims too, their lives are changed forever. Loving someone doesn't mean you support their bad deeds, btw. IMO.

Check out the Suzanne Morphew case for a parallel.

Can you say how you know what the husband's concerns are?

IMO.

That is an interesting assumption you make, that close family members should shun each other, at least in public, if they are charged with a crime.

IMO, loving families don't behave that way. They have empathy for each other. They don't engage in shaming and shunning one another. They give support when the other person needs it, regardless of the circumstances. It's unconditional love. If a family doesn't do that, what's the point of having one?

JMO
In this case, there is the complication of the sister also having a loving dynamic with the victim, whether loving platonic friendship or something else. One line of her text to Bob literally says “Love you.”

The plot thickens. Perhaps it was a little bit of both my theories and Momeni's time playing at tech entrepreneurship on his brother in laws dime was at an end on account of his sister's new acquaintance, who then perhaps declined to pony up any of his dimes.
JMO, as in many of these crimes, money is involved. Even more likely with high rollers like the volatile tech “entrepreneurs”. Many don’t seem the type to have gotten wealthy through hard work and honesty.

MOO, but I think it’s possible the brother and sister had a system they had developed on their own.

In the document issued Friday — a motion to detain Momeni without bail — prosecutors provided an outline of the events leading up to the April 4 stabbing, based on interviews with witnesses and evidence collected by police. Lee was allegedly drinking with friends, including Momeni’s sister, at an apartment in the Mission on the afternoon of April 3, the day before the stabbing. The party later moved to Lee’s room at the 1 Hotel at 8 Mission St., where he was staying while visiting the city, the documents said.

A person in the group, who observed a conversation between Lee and Momeni, alleged that Momeni asked Lee whether his sister “was doing drugs or anything inappropriate.” Lee had to reassure Momeni “that nothing inappropriate had happened,” according to the court record’s account of the witness’s story.

Momeni and Lee reportedly later visited the sister at her Millennium Tower apartment, and security footage from April 4 showed the two getting into an elevator, leaving the building and getting into Momeni’s white BMW at about 2 a.m., according to the documents. Surveillance footage shows the BMW drive “to a dark and secluded area” on Main Street.

The account I read was that an older relative with grey hair gave him a heart symbol- likely his mom.
Here’s the courtroom sketch by Vicki Behringer. Judge ordered that Nima could only be drawn in silhouette. Sketch depicts Nima and presumably two family remembers.

Attachments

• E67A903D-42B1-4FDE-8DF9-688639377B23.jpeg
    E67A903D-42B1-4FDE-8DF9-688639377B23.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 18
Here’s the courtroom sketch by Vicki Behringer. Judge ordered that Nima could only be drawn in silhouette. Sketch depicts Nima and presumably two family remembers.
Family.

From newsnation.

AP23104633905257.jpg

Last edited:
JMO, as in many of these crimes, money is involved. Even more likely with high rollers like the volatile tech “entrepreneurs”. Many don’t seem the type to have gotten wealthy through hard work and honesty.

MOO, but I think it’s possible the brother and sister had a system they had developed on their own.
Bob Lee was clearly a hard worker and worked his way up to be the successful tech entrepreneur and inventor that he was. His wealth is a result off hard work and integrity, from everything we know about him.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> I hope that lots of Bob Lee's family members and friends and colleagues attend the next court hearing for MN, the murderer, and that this will be a reality check for MN and those who were sending him heart-shaped hand signals during his first court appearance. The hearings need to be about supporting the victim, and I'd like to see a huge family and community showing of that support the next time this guy is back in court. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else think it was the sister running around Nima's building hollering for him the night before? What was that about?
This is what I was thinking too, though it's worth noting that a neighbor reported the woman having dark hair (twitter). Khazar's hair currently appears to be bleached.

What I really wanted to know was whether the date of this incident was mis-reported, because the 2:30am time matched up almost too perfectly with the killing. I was imagining a scenario where Khazar puts two and two together shortly after Nima and Bob leave together, then desperately tries to intervene before it's too late.

But, to be clear, the facts don't appear to support this narrative.

Last edited:
Bob Lee was clearly a hard worker and worked his way up to be the successful tech entrepreneur and inventor that he was. His wealth is a result off hard work and integrity, from everything we know about him.

Yes, no doubt many of them work very hard, never stop working, looking for deals, etc. Some work hard and play hard. Some gamble in risky ventures, etc. I'm sure he and others like him are approached all the time by people who may not be what they seem.

I was a little surprised that, unlike other wealthy entrepreneurs, Mr. Lee didn't have a security guard with him.

The family has its own reasons for supporting one of their own, IMO. They are victims too, their lives are changed forever. Loving someone doesn't mean you support their bad deeds, btw. IMO.

Check out the Suzanne Morphew case for a parallel.

Can you say how you know what the husband's concerns are?

IMO.

Doesn’t ‘seem’ which means ‘I’ don’t know. Seem and know are not synonymous.

I was a little surprised that, unlike other wealthy entrepreneurs, Mr. Lee didn't have a security guard with him.
Just guessing but if he did have security, he likely thought he didn’t need it right then because he was among “friends.”

And, of course, now we know he hadn’t been aimlessly walking the streets in the middle of the night. He thought his “pal” was driving him back to his hotel.

jmo

I thought it was strange. <modsnip>

I thought it was weird that the sister said she fell asleep while Lee was still there, too, and she didn’t know when he left.

Why wouldn’t it be ‘he was there for just a few minutes’ or ‘a brief period of time’.

It’s just odd that she would say ‘one minute’. <modsnip>

Last edited:
Why wouldn’t it be ‘he was there for just a few minutes’ or ‘a brief period of time’.

It’s just odd that she would say ‘one minute’. <modsnip>
Witness stated she told him Bob came to her apartment “for a second” and she didn’t know when he left because she fell asleep.

“For a second” sounds to me like a figure of speech when combined with “don’t know when he left.” But if not, could be she was being intentionally evasive, could be she was inebriated and didn’t fully remember, could be she didn’t yet know what had happened to Bob when his friend asked this question and therefore wasn’t as thorough as she might have been in her response. JMO.

The account I read was that an older relative with grey hair gave him a heart symbol- likely his mom.

The court-approved sketch artist drew it some other way, though. Bizarre. It shows him giving the heart signal to his sister and one other person (his mom?)

At any rate, here is the court approved schema of what happened: (Source is: Tech exec Nima Momeni formally charged with murder in slaying of Cash App founder Bob Lee).

The judge would not allow the sketch artist (photography and film banned of course) to show the sister and the other person in anything other than profile, nor could the artist show the actual features of the suspect's face. We have a Whole New World of court doings in SF, IMO.

1681614911282.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back