CA - Cash App Creator, Bob Lee, Stabbed to Death, San Francisco, Apr 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ADMIN NOTE:

Please remember that the sister of the accused is not on trial here, and therefore no insinuations, direct or indirect accusations are allowed toward her.

It is fine for members to discuss discrepancies in the reported statements about the time the victim was there before the sister fell asleep ("one minute" and "one second"), but it's very possible it was a figure of speech intended to represent a brief period of time.

By WS standards, as a family member of the accused, she is also a victim.

Do not make accusations or trash this woman.

What planet is he from? How is this NOT a murder?
He's doing what is called "pleading in the alternative". Defense attorneys are allowed to be dishonest in their arguments. They can throw out any number of different arguments about why their client is innocent, none of which may be true.

Famed defense attorney "Racehorse" Haynes used this explanation

"Say you sue me because you claim my dog bit you. Well now, this is my defense: My dog doesn't bite. And second, in the alternative, my dog was tied up that night. And third, I don't believe you really got bit. And fourth, I don't have a dog."[1]

Starting from "Its not a murder", the defense attorney can probably weave several different lies to claim his client is innocent. It's all to distract from the prosecution laying out evidence to make it's case while confusing jurors. The defense wants the prosecution to get tied up in trying to argue against all the crazy statements the defense makes.

<snipped>

Canny added: “His mom is super concerned about everything and heartbroken that this kind of publicity and this kind of occurrence would bring attention to her family when they’ve really spent their whole lives working hard, being good people and being of service to other people.”

This is what Mima's mother is worried about? She's not heartbroken that an innocent person is dead and her son is the suspect in his murder??

<snipped>

Canny added: “His mom is super concerned about everything and heartbroken that this kind of publicity and this kind of occurrence would bring attention to her family when they’ve really spent their whole lives working hard, being good people and being of service to other people.”

This is what Mima's mother is worried about? She's not heartbroken that an innocent person is dead and her son is the suspect in his murder??
Wow their reputation seems to take center stage in their world.

Snipped< Also, it has been reported that he doesn't own the loft in Emeryville, he rents it.
$5 million in revenues is nothing in SF tech world.

Nima Momeni: Who is the tech executive arrested for murder of Cash App founder Bob Lee?
A search of property records showed Mr Momeni owns an apartment at 4053 Harlan St in Emeryville that he purchased for $525,000 in 2020.
Mr Momeni had resided in California for much of the past 20 years at addresses in downtown San Francisco, Emeryville and San Jose.

What we know about Nima Momeni, suspect in Cash App founder Bob Lee's stabbing death
A public records search showed that Momeni had nine liens on his properties in Emeryville, San Francisco and San Jose. The most recent lien was this year.
A neighbor said that Momeni liked cars.
A covered boat was parked outside Momeni's Emeryville unit, which neighbors said belonged to him.

Tech Consultant Arrested in San Francisco Killing of Cash App Creator
Sam Singer, a Bay Area public relations executive who is Mr. Momeni’s neighbor in the century-old steam-engine factory that has been converted into offices, described Mr. Momeni’s office space was “a classic San Francisco Bay Area tech office” with a pool table, a high-end stereo system and gourmet food in the kitchen.

Expand IT Services, LLC | Better Business Bureau® Profile
He originally opened his business in San Mateo Co., BBB gives it an A+

IT Services Company Information
Several sites that give business revenues such as “zoominfo” list his company revenue at $5 million with 25+ employees.

Expand IT Services LLC - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding
Crunchbase wants $139 for the company stats but in the opening window of a search it shows it in the top 10,000 CA companies with less than $10 mill
B1CCD99B-CDBC-43F0-9149-702A921BE6E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds to me like MM was a renter who lived and worked in the unit he rented.

A neighbor, who declined to give her name, said police officers, including a SWAT team, arrived Thursday morning to arrest Momeni and alerted residents on his floor to stay inside.

“It makes me wonder how owners and landlords vet their renters,” she said. “I’m not wild about knowing someone lived in our building who goes around with a knife.”

While Momeni boasted that he was CEO of IT infrastructure company Expand IT, neighbor Sam Singer told The Post that he only ever saw Momeni working there.

“I never saw anyone in there but him and one time a cleaning service. No employees ever,” he explained.
People are working at home, especially techies. This has always been the case for small tech companies but now it has caught on with the biggest companies too, it is true everywhere.
Even my kid who has worked for Bank of America for over 20 years and has an office there, rarely goes in anymore except for rare meetings, even meetings are mostly done on zoom now.

Office vacancy will increase by 55% by the end of the decade as hybrid and remote work push real estate to an ‘inflection point’
Commercial landlords face huge challenges in the work from home era as they confront the reality that empty desks and vacant office towers are here to stay.

What Comes Next for the Most Empty Downtown in America Tech workers are still at home. The $17 salad place is expanding into the suburbs. So what is left in San Francisco?
More ominous for the city is that its downtown business district — the bedrock of its economy and tax base — revolves around a technology industry that is uniquely equipped and enthusiastic about letting workers stay home indefinitely.
In the space of a few months, Jeremy Stoppelman, the chief executive of Yelp, went from running a company that was rooted in the city to vacating Yelp’s longtime headquarters and allowing its roughly 4,400 employees to work from anywhere in their country.

“I feel like I’ve seen the future,” he said.

Analysis: American offices are half-empty. That could be the next big risk for banks
From Dallas and Minneapolis to New York and Los Angeles, offices sit vacant or underused, showing the staying power of the work-from-home era

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/offices-are-empty.-whats-next?amp
Notably, work-from-home arrangements that came as a result of the pandemic also spurred office transformations nationwide.”
The problem isn’t much better globally.
In Tokyo, the vacancy rate dropped for the first time since the pandemic began last December, coming in at 6.35%, compared to 1.49% in February 2000.
And in the U.K., occupancy rates are averaging 25%, according to CoStar.

Sounds to me like MM was a renter who lived and worked in the unit he rented.

A neighbor, who declined to give her name, said police officers, including a SWAT team, arrived Thursday morning to arrest Momeni and alerted residents on his floor to stay inside.

“It makes me wonder how owners and landlords vet their renters,” she said. “I’m not wild about knowing someone lived in our building who goes around with a knife.”
Ok. Maybe a anonymous neighbor “wondering” to the media if he’s a renter who wasn’t vetted as a prospective murderer is more credible than news services that confirmed his property records, including price, dates, and liens.

Last edited:

The tech consultant charged with murdering Bob Lee listed UC Berkeley as one of his schools. The university says it doesn't have a record of him.

Yes. Lying about having a Berkeley education has been confirmed by numerous sources.
I just don’t think being a liar and cold blooded murderer with possible narcissistic tendencies is necessarily associated with a lack of wealth, and I’ve found no credible evidence he’s incapable financially, only speculation and innuendo.

"Bob Lee and his sister definitely knew each other,” Canny said. “There’s a group of well-to-do young people who liked to party.”
“Young people” is an interesting descriptor when the victim was 43 and the accused and his sister are in their late 30s.

Ok. Maybe a anonymous neighbor “wondering” to the media if he’s a renter who wasn’t vetted as a prospective murderer is more credible than news services that confirmed his property records, including price, dates, and liens.
This article says the property is rented. Looking at Alameda County records show no property under his name, just a lien.

Singer told The Post that Momeni lived in a loft, which was likely worth just shy of a million dollars, although property records showed it was rented.

This article says the property is rented. Looking at Alameda County records show no property under his name, just a lien.

Singer told The Post that Momeni lived in a loft, which was likely worth just shy of a million dollars, although property records showed it was rented.
And I posted two links that report property records say he bought the property in Emeryville in 2020 and include the price and also that he owns property in San Jose and SF with a total of nine liens.
Here’s another:
What we know about Nima Momeni, suspect in Cash App founder Bob Lee's stabbing death
So we all can choose the sources we believe.
I think more credible media sources will address this over time and if his sister’s husband supports him as keeps being implied, that will most likely come out during the discovery process and trial.
Edited to add: And I think Mr Singer’s statement on the value of those lofts is wishful thinking. Jmo
BESLER BUILDING LOFTS For Sale in EMERYVILLE | East Bay Condo Mania!

Last edited:
And I posted two links that report property records say he bought the property in Emeryville in 2020 and include the price and also that he owns property in San Jose and SF with a total of nine liens.
Here’s another:
So we all can choose the sources we believe.
I think more credible media sources will address this over time and if his sister’s husband supports him as keeps being implied, that will most likely come out during the discovery process and trial.
Edited to add: And I think Mr Singer’s statement on the value of those lofts is wishful thinking. Jmo
BESLER BUILDING LOFTS For Sale in EMERYVILLE | East Bay Condo Mania!
The lofts are different prices, I think Singer went by what he paid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap
Back