CA CA - Charitie Angelique Careins, 7, San Diego, 5 August 1988

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
View attachment 391699
Charitie, the daughter of Tommy Harmon Careins and Jane Ellen Roberts.

Charitie Angelique Careins, 7, was reported missing by her mother on Aug. 5, 1988. After Charitie failed to return home from a visit to a friend's house near the Campland Recreational vehicle park in Pacific Beach. Ten months later, in June 1989 hikers walking through San Timoteo Canyon near Beaumont in Riverside County, CA., found a small skull, including a lower jaw and nine teeth that were determined to be Charitie. Her killer was never brought to justice.

I wrote this article for Charitie’s kidnapping and murder since there seems to be no coverage on her still unsolved murder lately.

She went missing during the time of the Bay Area kidnappings (all determined to be unrelated for the most part) but didn’t get nearly as much attention as say Michaela Garecht or Amber Swartz-Garcia.
Your article is wonderful. Thank you for writing it! I did not know that she had called her mother that night and I have always been so frustrated with the reports that she could have been in Mexico at the time. Especially after reading that it limited the scopes of the search efforts.

I wonder, since she most likely died from blunt force trauma to the chest, if it’s possible she was hit by a car walking back from Campland and the driver panicked, grabbed her, and dumped her.

I wonder, since she most likely died from blunt force trauma to the chest, if it’s possible she was hit by a car walking back from Campland and the driver panicked, grabbed her, and dumped her.
That’s been discussed before actually. I posted about Charitie on Facebook and someone else mentioned this. I believe it’s definitely possible since she had to walk ten blocks to get back to her house on Betty Street. But my question is… why drive her over 100 miles away into Riverside County? It’s a two hour long drive to the canyon from the area Charitie was last seen in which is why I always lean towards an intentional abduction taking place.

Does anyone remember Timothy Bindner? The guy suspected in the Bay Area Kidnappings that happened at the same time as these San Diego abductions? He was suspected in the case of Amber Swartz-Garcia who disappeared two months before Charitie and she physically resembles her as well.

Also, Timothy Bindner drove around a white van I believe with photos of children and posters of missing children. That made me wonder.

Only thing is the distance, if Bindner had any connections to San Diego, and if his van matches the one seen following Charitie.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back