CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, plenty of time to move the body elsewhere, before the search began.
Did JG have a vehicle?

I had wondered if they were keeping mum on it for the case, but if he had a vehicle and they had traces of her in it, they wouldn't still be searching the park/lake area.

I've eaten at that restaurant once a few years ago. If I remember correctly, it's in a rather remote area off a road next the lake and there is nothing much else around there. I think you have to go by car.

ih he had a blanket or something...and knocked her out right away he could have carried her to a vehicle quickly and left the area, but then where did his DNA come from to lead them to arrest? and her clothes being there shows something took place there...i can't imagine he took her away afterward...i think he would have left her...but then why isn't she found?? none of this makes sense and not knowing if he was on foot makes it harder to figure out...

The lake is BIG and it is full of debris. There is a dam up a ways but the area being searched is full of crud. I'm sure they are having a heck of a time searching thru all that muck.

A couple was on a local news channel today saying they reported this guy (they are pretty sure it's the same guy) last fall when they were walking their dog in a local park in Escondido. They said he was parked in his car watching girls run and he creeped them out so bad they call the cops.

Long time lurker here, just thinking outloud.

For those that live in the neighborhood, have the police searched the yards of homes in the neighborhood? Have they figured out if there are any abandoned homes in the Westwood neighborhood adjacent to the trails? If JG was able to hide her quickly and had been on foot around the neighborhood a lot, perhaps he knew of a home that no one was living in.
I know just in my Southern California neighborhood there are 4 or 5 homes vacant from foreclosures. I am wondering if heading back towards his own home, he knew where to hide her in a home thats unlived in.

(FWIW, I grew up in the Rancho Bernardo, graduated from Mt. Carmel in 89, which was then where everyone in Westwood went at that time. Spent lots of times walking those streets as a teenager...now having a teenager daughter myself, I am so sad over this whole crime.)

Well they didn't say "murder" until after they arrested him, is that right?

So, they found something in his room or his car to indicate a murder happened there.

I heard on the news last night they were searching some vacant homes up on the ridge bordering the park. The wildfires came thru here in Oct '07 and lot of homes up there burnt down and are still being rebuilt. We drove up there on Sat and were thinking the same thing. But honestly, if you were here and watching this search process you would belive that EVERYTHING is being searched.

On my way home from work I noticed that police were no longer blocking an entrance that they had been blocking on the right hand side of west bernardo drive (for the locals, its the entrance that people use to fish, and/or park there cars on the side of the road to go on a hike, before the dirt lot and the retirement home if your coming from the west bernardo drive exit), instead there was yellow police tape blocking it. There was a cop car sitting at the entrance to the new bridge that goes across lake hodges and it looked like the cop was putting up police tape to block access to that bridge, which had been unrestricted up until now afaik.

Edit: For those of you not from this area, I attempted to create a map to better explain:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=33.056983,-117.074915&spn=0.00437,0.009474&z=17&msid=103326671836852494572.000480d884c8cb2f6aefc

So, they found something in his room or his car to indicate a murder happened there.

There has to be something they have to attest to the murder. Wish I knew what it was!!:waitasec:

I thought they hadn't even searched his places of residence and had already labeled it a murder based on evidence on the trails. That was my understanding from what I have read.

I've eaten at that restaurant once a few years ago. If I remember correctly, it's in a rather remote area off a road next the lake and there is nothing much else around there. I think you have to go by car.

O/T: Last night on Chicago local news this story was first - apparently Chelsea and her family lived in Naperville, Illinois before moving to California.

So the restaurant looks over a lake and is remote - maybe LE need to find out where he was sitting and what he could see when looking out the window. He seems to be taking great pride in the way he hid the poor girl's body. Awfully confident don't you think? MOO

Tomorrow is the arraignment. The prosecuter will have to divulge at least some of the evidence. Enough to have him held without bail. Locally we have heard there was a DNA match from clothing found near the lake.

Okay, I have been reviewing the last few comments questions and speculation. Here is what I think:

He was lying in wait (maybe weeks before the attack)

He must not be working in order to be lying in wait in the park area
(people had to of seen him there on a daily basis)

The jogger in Dec. that was attacked said he demanded money. Was it actually a robbery or was that a ploy to the violence that would escalate to eventual rape. He had to of been observing this person also from some vantage point in the park, I believe her attack was in the morning hours around 10am.

With Chelsea he had to know she was the only one on the trail or know where other joggers/walkers were in relation to her coming down a trail.

He had to position himself in an area not accessible to many people or sightings of him would of been mentioned and broadcasted early on.
He also would have to pick an area of low visibility in order to attack/rape and uncloth her body.

It was reported he was in automotive repair at sometime...maybe does mechanics as a side type job when available.

He apparantly has some source of income in order to go out to resturants or buy gas for his vehicle. Usually when these types dont have an income they prey off women with low self esteem for finances. But I doubt if he had girlfriends they want to be front page news given his charges.

If he dealt with narcotics...I doubt those customers would come forward and tell us about their relationship with JAG.

I have a feeling that this person has associates....much like himself. Most normal people would pick up on and detect that this person had some mental instability issues.

He had to be well versed in getting rid of a body. A novice would not be so calculating, clever and most of all efficient. Which also points to the fact again...THIS IS NOT HIS FIRST RODEO!

Thats what I have concluded from what I have read and heard and is solely just my opinion.

seems like dive team members went off line can't hear them on scanner now...was heavy contact between two of them about 8-10 minutes ago and went to cell phones

Does he have a vehicle and if so, has it been searched?

The news reported the military was bringing in sonar equipment today to help search the lake.

I have not heard much about any vehicles except one being examined that was parked in front of his mother's house. They said mud samples were taken.

Lots of frantic activity on the scanner a few minutes ago, now they have moved to cell phones. According to more experienced sleuths, this sounds significant.

Praying a major development.

Suspect Not the Focus, Chelsea Is: Parents

What would they like to say to him? What would they like to do to him? Some parents may have an idea but the Kings said they're not wasting their time and energy on the man in custody.
“There’s an incredible amount of rage that boils but right now we’re just focused on Chelsea,” said Chelsea's father Brent.
“There’s a place for that and a time for that and that’ll come but we don’t have any space in our hearts or our heads for that,” Kelly said
.http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Suspect-Not-the-Focus-Chelsea-Is-Parents-86016687.html

There is going to be a press conference from the command center at 3:00pm PST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP