CA - Child Raped By As Many As 10 College Athletes, Police Say

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LovelyPigeon said:
I think this is a case of totally inappropriate and illegal oral sex, but I don't think it's morally a case of rape.

How can this not "morally" be a case of rape? Even if she claimed to consent, and even if she pretended to be older, these men should've known better. At 11 years old, its unlikely she looked THAT old. At the most, lets say 18, just for arguments sake. At that young, these men should be ashamed of themselves. AND they should've verified her age - if there's any doubt as to age, they should check. These men make me SICK and I can't believe that someone could possible make an excuse for them like that.

At the most, lets say 18, just for arguments sake. At that young, these men should be ashamed of themselves. AND they should've verified her age - if there's any doubt as to age, they should check. These men make me SICK and I can't believe that someone could possible make an excuse for them like that.

Ok, at your suggestion let's say she said she was 18, and looked it. The two young men are 19 and 20. That wouldn't be a "at that young", as you put it, age discrepancy.

People having casual sex don't always demand a driver's license to verify the other person's age. Doesn't make it right, just pointing out the obvious.

Should be ashamed of themselves doesn't mean they planned or carried out rape. I think it's very possible all of those involved engaged in oral sex willingly, even though it turned out to be in illegal circumstance. I'm not excusing anyone but I am trying to understand exactly what happened, why, and what should be the best outcome, moral and judicial. If what I suspect is true, I think it's judicial to consider that they did not purposely or knowingly engage in lewd behavior with a child.

These young men broke the law, if the young girl's story is true (the part about 10 men doesn't seem to have panned out as true), whether they realized it at the time or not. I tend to believe this is a case where they did not realize the person who presented herself to them as a young woman of age was actually a minor child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back