CA - Child Raped By As Many As 10 College Athletes, Police Say

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Preliminary Hearing on this case was supposed to start yesterday. Does anyone have any news? Incidentally, the "crimetainment" shows still ignore this case.

I haven't been able to Google up anything about the preliminary hearing originally scheduled for yesterday.

Hearing Delayed in Girl Sexual Assault Case
July 25, 2006
FRESNO, Calif. - A preliminary hearing was postponed for two former community college football players accused of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl.

Jack Revvill, a lawyer for Mackey Davis, 20, told a Fresno Superior Court judge Monday he was waiting for information from the prosecution, including an interview with the alleged victim. --->>

The preliminary hearing was rescheduled for Aug. 24.
- http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4399028

Never touched girl, suspect tells Fresno station
By Carlos Frias
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Eddie Scott says he never laid a hand on the 11-year-old girl he is accused of having sexual contact with, but saw the men who did, he told a Fresno television station Sunday night.

Scott, who has been out on bond since July 17, told KMPH Fox 26 that he saw at least two acquaintances having sexual contact with the girl July 8 in the apartment where he was staying, but he did not know her age.

Scott, 19, of West Palm Beach, and Mackey Lee Davis, 20, of Port St. Lucie, former area high school football players playing junior college ball in the Fresno area, were arrested that night after the girl told police that she had oral sex with them. Video showed the two being handcuffed under flashing blue lights, sitting on the curb and waiting to be hauled off to jail.

"While we were sitting out there, on that grass, the guys that did something were on their cellphones, looking at us, laughing," Scott told the television station.

"The guys that did it, they know they did it.... How could you pin something like this on two good people who have something going for themselves? You got to step up and be a man," he said. "I stepped up and was a man. Everything the police asked me, I did." --->>
The 11-year-old alleged victim will testify at the August hearing. That testimony will be used in court if the case continues to trial, Revvill said.

The girl picked Davis and Scott out of a lineup, according to an arrest report. --->>
On the night of the incident, Scott said, he was playing a hand-held video game when the girl entered and met several of his acquaintances. He said he never had met the girl before, never even shook her hand, but later saw several men having sexual contact with her, he told the television station.

When he learned the girl's age, "I cried right there in front of the investigators, jaw dropped. I was so shocked," he said. "I got a sister this same age that I love with all my heart. I changed her diapers. Why would I go and touch someone like that?"

Scott told the TV station that he never heard the girl ask for help.

"She isn't innocent. She is not innocent," he said
. --->>

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/highsc...epaper/2006/07/25/s3b_fresnoplayers_0725.html

Thanks for the information. Mr. Scott should be informed that an 11-year old girl is considered "innocent" when sexually assaulted.

Certainly she is innocent in a legal sense as a victim of sexual assault, but I don't think that's what Mr Scott is referring to.

Well, if Scott has a sister that age then he should have been able to figure out the victim's approximate age. Besides, I haven't heard anything about him trying to stop it...He saw who did it - that's just as bad in my book since he didn't stop it. What ya wanna bet he watched the whole thing? I mean, come on, he saw two who did..he must have stood there awhile.

He can cry all he wants - no sympathy from me. His morals are totally screwed!

I think Scott is protesting that he didn't realize the age of this 11-year-old, and stating that if he'd known he'd have intervened. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

I think it's very possible, as I first posted, that this girl was victim to sexual abuse well before this incidence, whether from her peers or someone older than her, and therefore (sadly) had some experience with oral sex. She's still going to be a victim by law, no matter what transpired, but she may not have been 'innocent' in the sense of having been forced or induced to perfrom sex acts.

Legally it won't matter much if at all. Morally, it may matter.

William N said:
Thanks for the information. Mr. Scott should be informed that an 11-year old girl is considered "innocent" when sexually assaulted.

Yes, and the sooner the better.

LovelyPigeon said:
I think Scott is protesting that he didn't realize the age of this 11-year-old, and stating that if he'd known he'd have intervened. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

I think it's very possible, as I first posted, that this girl was victim to sexual abuse well before this incidence, whether from her peers or someone older than her, and therefore (sadly) had some experience with oral sex. She's still going to be a victim by law, no matter what transpired, but she may not have been 'innocent' in the sense of having been forced or induced to perfrom sex acts.

Legally it won't matter much if at all. Morally, it may matter.

LovelyPigeon, why would it matter morally? Are you saying if she has been sexually molested before it would not be morally wrong for these guys to use her in a sexual way? Because she may not have been a virgin?

Just trying to understand.

I have read but I cannot post objectively. Someone, somewhere has got to see that this child was abused.It is an obvious to me. Please protect children when you can.

She's too young to give consent, so even if she was willing, which I doubt, its still against the law. Guys cannot just "assume" a girl is of age.

Legally, she's too young to give consent, even if she passed her self off as someone older, sexually experienced, and willing. I think that's a good law. Morally, she's too young to consent, too, at least by my moral code. But I think there's more involved here than just an innocent inexperienced 11-year-old girl preyed upon by young men with rape on their minds.

I think she may have willingly entered the situation at the apartments, and been propelled by previous sexual abuse experiences she's suffered from her peers, adults, or both. I guess that is why she was in the group home situation, ordered by the court to be under state care and supervision. It's horrible that at such a young age she's already experienced so much debauchery.

I think this is a case of totally inappropriate and illegal oral sex, but I don't think it's morally a case of rape. I don't think the young men realized the age of the girl, and I think she may have purposely misled them, prostituting herself.

I have faith, though, that the court will reach a fair and judicial decision about what should happen to all those involved.

LovelyPigeon said:
Legally, she's too young to give consent, even if she passed her self off as someone older, sexually experienced, and willing. I think that's a good law.

I think she may have willingly entered the situation at the apartments, and been propelled by previous sexual abuse experiences she's suffered from her peers, adults, or both. I guess that is why she was in the group home situation, ordered by the court to be under state care and supervision. It's horrible that at such a young age she's already experienced so much debaucery.

I think this is a case of totally inappropriate and illegal oral sex, but I don't think it's morally a case of rape. I don't think the young men realized the age of the girl, and I think she may have purposely misled them, prostituting herself.

I have faith, though, that the court will reach a fair and judicial decision about what should happen to all those involved.

Thank you for your explanantion, LovelyPigeon. Since she cannot legally consent, the law is very clear on this.

I think this may have been a case of "survival sex" on the part of the girl. It waits to be seen the circumstances the males were engaged in.

The study, titled "The Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children in the U.S., Canada and Mexico," identified 17 groups of children in the United States at substantial risk for sexual exploitation.

Estes, a professor of social work at the University of Pennsylvania, said most of these children are runaways and homeless kids who trade "survival sex" for food, shelter and clothing on the streets of U.S. cities.
- http://www.cnn.com/2001/LAW/09/10/child.exploitation/index.html

LovelyPigeon said:
I think this may have been a case of "survival sex" on the part of the girl. It waits to be seen the circumstances the males were engaged in.

The study, titled "The Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children in the U.S., Canada and Mexico," identified 17 groups of children in the United States at substantial risk for sexual exploitation.

Estes, a professor of social work at the University of Pennsylvania, said most of these children are runaways and homeless kids who trade "survival sex" for food, shelter and clothing on the streets of U.S. cities.
- http://www.cnn.com/2001/LAW/09/10/child.exploitation/index.html

Very possible since she had run away.

Both suspects are now out on bail. No one else has been charged.

Suspect in Girl's Sexual Assault Out on Bail

July 26, 2006 - A valley junior college football player who's accused of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl is out of jail. According to court documents, Mackey Davis posted $55,000 bail Wednesday morning.

Davis and Eddie Scott are both charged with committing a lewd act on an 11-year-old girl at a central Fresno apartment complex. Scott is already out on bail, and both men will be back in court next month.
-
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=4402622

This thread has really been hard to read! Just the name of the thread should alarm everyone about this horrible situation.

Did I misread that the police received a 911 call from a young female who said about ten men were attacking this girl or did I misread that? I will have to go back and look because if that is the case, there is another witness to this crime.

I cannot stomach anyone saying anything about a 10 or 11 year old being able to give consent. Even as young as the two boys were that were arrested, they are considered adults and should know. I don't think they cared - it was a gang (as in a bunch of people together not necessarily a gang) mentality - and they did not care. Regardless of whether they were drinking on drugs or whatever, they had no right and should be brought up on the appropriate charges. Sexual molestation is NOT the appropriate charge. There should be kidnapping (she was not able to leave), assault and battery, rape of a child under 13 YOA and the molestation charge as well. There should also be a conspiracy charge brought against all of the boys/men as they conspired to do this act together and someone was injured and a crime was committed. Regardless of how old they "thought" she was - this just means they would have done it to a 15-18 year old as well, would that make that gang rape okay?

I am sorry for being so snippy. This just gets my goat but good.:doh:

I found the article, here it is:

A very informative article but I would classify it as a pro-player article. Again, it seems we're back to the "she looked older" argument and the "I didn't have sex with that woman" defense.
http://tinyurl.com/r5lvy

snip

...The gated confines of the Villa Hermosa apartment complex feature well-manicured lawns, blooming bougainvillea and giggling children at play.
But there's an ugly side here as well.

From the stairs leading up to Apartment No. 246, you can see the spot in the bushes where, two years ago, police found the bullet-riddled body of a young father of three. It was the 40th homicide that year in this city of about 500,000.

On July 8, a frantic 911 call brought police to Villa Hermosa again.

A young female voice made an alarming accusation. She had watched as about 10 college football players surrounded an 11-year-old girl and forced her to perform oral sex on at least two of them....

This is sick!!!

Marstan said:
This thread has really been hard to read! Just the name of the thread should alarm everyone about this horrible situation.

Did I misread that the police received a 911 call from a young female who said about ten men were attacking this girl or did I misread that? I will have to go back and look because if that is the case, there is another witness to this crime.

I cannot stomach anyone saying anything about a 10 or 11 year old being able to give consent. Even as young as the two boys were that were arrested, they are considered adults and should know. I don't think they cared - it was a gang (as in a bunch of people together not necessarily a gang) mentality - and they did not care. Regardless of whether they were drinking on drugs or whatever, they had no right and should be brought up on the appropriate charges. Sexual molestation is NOT the appropriate charge. There should be kidnapping (she was not able to leave), assault and battery, rape of a child under 13 YOA and the molestation charge as well. There should also be a conspiracy charge brought against all of the boys/men as they conspired to do this act together and someone was injured and a crime was committed. Regardless of how old they "thought" she was - this just means they would have done it to a 15-18 year old as well, would that make that gang rape okay?

I am sorry for being so snippy. This just gets my goat but good.:doh:

I found the article, here it is:

A very informative article but I would classify it as a pro-player article. Again, it seems we're back to the "she looked older" argument and the "I didn't have sex with that woman" defense.
http://tinyurl.com/r5lvy

snip

...The gated confines of the Villa Hermosa apartment complex feature well-manicured lawns, blooming bougainvillea and giggling children at play.
But there's an ugly side here as well.

From the stairs leading up to Apartment No. 246, you can see the spot in the bushes where, two years ago, police found the bullet-riddled body of a young father of three. It was the 40th homicide that year in this city of about 500,000.

On July 8, a frantic 911 call brought police to Villa Hermosa again.

A young female voice made an alarming accusation. She had watched as about 10 college football players surrounded an 11-year-old girl and forced her to perform oral sex on at least two of them....

This is sick!!!

Thanks for posting this article. It did not come up on my search.

I have been waiting to hear more about this case (DNA results, etc.). Compared to the Duke rape case, this case should have stickiness and coverage too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back