GUILTY CA - Christine Osborn-Stewart, 47, Lake Elsinore, 4 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Murder charge, arrest warrant issued in Canyon Lake woman’s slaying

Dorsey is described as 6-foot-1 with brown hair, and is believed to be driving a 2003 dark blue Ford Explorer with a primer-gray hood and fender, license plate number 6UDY773. The sheriff previously reported the vehicle as made in 1994.

Dorsey pleaded guilty to attempted burglary in June and was released on parole. In October 2006, he pleaded guilty to inflicting injury on a spouse or co-habitant, assault with a deadly (non-firearm) weapon with great bodily injury, assault with a deadly weapon on a peace officer or firefighter and battery on a peace officer. He was sentenced to three years in prison.

~jmo~

Where is Dorsey? Googled, nothing in the news today
icon9.gif

I keep hoping to find that Dorsey has been captured.
My gut tells me he fled to Mexico.

I keep hoping to find that Dorsey has been captured.
My gut tells me he fled to Mexico.

That or he offed himself in a remote location.

I go more for your gut instinct, simply because he knows he is facing 3-strikes and then some, and likely hot-footed it across the border immediately after leaving the motel in Poway.

Killed her, transported her body in a suitcase, and split...all in a hurried plan on a southern route towards Mexico.

I hold the good thought that he will be found eventually, and hopefully soon, no matter where he has hidden himself.

~jmo~

Just found this item on google news search but unfortunately the article is not available at this time:

CANYON LAKE: Strangling victim had once been witness against ...
Press-Enterprise-23 minutes ago
... well aware of Joseph David Dorsey's and his family's criminal ties. Osborn-Stewart was named as a witness against Dorsey in a previous ...

The requested URL at http://www.pe.com/local-news/rivers...tim-had-once-been-witness-against-suspect.ece has moved or is no longer available.

~jmo~

Home > Local News > Riverside County > Lake Elsinore > Lake Elsinore Headlines
CANYON LAKE: Strangling victim had once been witness against suspect
A Canyon Lake woman found dead once was a witness against the man now sought in her killing

S_MISSINGa_0811.JPG

CONTRIBUTED IMAGE/CONTRIBUTED IMAGE
Christine Osborn-Stewart, 47, of Canyon Lake

BY SARAH BURGE AND RICHARD K. DE ATLEY
STAFF WRITERS
sburge@pe.com | rdeatley@pe.com
Published: 13 August 2012 06:54 PM

Christine Osborn-Stewart’s family members say they don’t know why she got involved with the convicted felon now accused of strangling her and leaving her body stuffed in a suitcase in a San Diego County motel room.
Though the Canyon Lake woman might not have suspected her boyfriend would harm her, court records show Osborn-Stewart was well aware of Joseph David Dorsey’s and his family’s criminal ties.

Osborn-Stewart was named as a witness against Dorsey in a previous case and had appeared in court on his mother’s behalf in a burglary case.
Osborn-Stewart, 47, was found dead Wednesday, Aug. 8.

Dorsey, 27, was charged Friday with murder and a warrant was issued for his arrest, authorities said. As of Monday, investigators were still searching for him.
Sheriff’s officials have not disclosed a motive for Osborn-Stewart’s killing. Homicide Sgt. Todd Torrenti said investigators are aware of the details of Dorsey’s previous case but he said it is unknown whether it might have played a role in Osborn-Stewart’s killing. “It’s too early to tell,” he said.

Dorsey, who had previous convictions for assault on an officer and misdemeanor domestic violence, was charged in February with grand theft and vehicle burglary, court records show. A Riverside County sheriff’s deputy wrote in arrest warrant documents that William Chappell, the victim, said Dorsey admitted stealing more than $31,000 from him. Dorsey had supposedly made plans to repay Chappell but instead left the state, court records show.

Osborn-Stewart, identified in court documents as Dorsey’s ex-girlfriend, had told Chappell that Dorsey took the money and that she was willing to help him get it back, the deputy wrote.

Dorsey was scheduled for a preliminary hearing in the case June 11 but instead pleaded guilty to attempted burglary in an agreement with prosecutors. He was sentenced to one year in custody but was released July 11 after receiving credit for time served and good behavior in jail, court records state. He also was ordered to pay restitution. A hearing to discuss the amount is scheduled for Friday, court records show.

Osborn-Stewart was last seen Aug. 4 with Dorsey near a business complex on Railroad Canyon Road in Canyon Lake. She was reported missing two days later after she stopped answering her cellphone and did not show up for work.

Her body was discovered by investigators acting on information from Dorsey’s cousin, Jillian Beaver, court records say.

According to arrest warrant documents, Beaver gained access to Dorsey’s voicemail and heard a message from the Best Western in Poway that said Dorsey had left behind property in his motel room and should pick it up. Investigators found Stewart’s remains in a large black suitcase at the motel.

The motel clerk who checked in Dorsey identified him from a photograph, sheriff’s officials said. He said he saw Dorsey wheel a large black suitcase into the motel room and later saw him drive away in a dark blue Ford Explorer.

An autopsy showed that Osborn-Stewart suffered several injuries to her head and chest area and her neck muscles and thyroid gland were severely damaged, court records state.

The Riverside County coroner’s office determined her cause of death to be strangulation.

Investigators have said they believe Osborn-Stewart was in Dorsey’s Lake Elsinore apartment before she was killed. Her mother has said her BMW was found nearby.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/rivers...nce-been-a-witness-against-murder-suspect.ece

Checking in to see if Dorsey's been caught yet. Could not find that article either or anything more. I sure hope they catch him. Prayers for Christine and her Family and Friends.

P.S. Just saw you posted it. Thanks.

Dorsey, who had previous convictions for assault on an officer and misdemeanor domestic violence, was charged in February with grand theft and vehicle burglary, court records show. A Riverside County sheriff’s deputy wrote in arrest warrant documents that William Chappell, the victim, said Dorsey admitted stealing more than $31,000 from him. Dorsey had supposedly made plans to repay Chappell but instead left the state, court records show.

Osborn-Stewart, identified in court documents as Dorsey’s ex-girlfriend, had told Chappell that Dorsey took the money and that she was willing to help him get it back, the deputy wrote.

????

Was Christine helping this man and Dorsey found out?

????

Was Christine helping this man and Dorsey found out?

I think Dorsey already knew about that?

A hearing to discuss the amount is scheduled for Friday, court records show.

This could have been the trigger issue for the homicide; altho I think, based on fb comments from both families, that the murder may well have been more personal in nature. COD as strangulation endorses that thought.

The article is also unclear on the relationship between Christine and Dickinson:

According to court records, Osborn-Stewart had worked with Dorsey’s mother, Joy Dickenson.

Worked with? As a client or co-worker?

Osborn-Stewart’s mother, Judy Brauer, said she recalled that Dickensen worked in mental health.

LINK to article ref'd above

~jmo~

Client, IMO.

I don't think Joy Dickenson worked in mental health, Judy is mistaken. Interesting to note that Smit (see links below) was convicted, so I assume that means Joy collected the $200k reward. Really not relevant to Christine's case, but interesting nonetheless.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/rivers...-tipster-testifies-in-police-attacks-case.ece

http://www.red-alerts.com/intel/vagos-escalate-war-against-hemet-police-with-rocket-attack/

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=8453620

I am so sorry they've not yet located this er POI.

Tick-tock, tick-tock...

~jmo~

Thanks for keeping us informed. Not hearing enough, hardly a thing, on the news about this dangerous man on the loose. Please everyone, keep your eyes open. We need to cage this animal.

the airing of the Nancy Grace interview to catch killer joe is 8/20/12 @5pm and 7pm on cnn
Per Christine's Mothers facebook page.

The funeral for slaying victim Christine Osborn-Stewart will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 21, at Crestlawn Memorial Park, 11500 Arlington Ave., Riverside.

A reception will follow at Elks Lodge No. 643, at 6166 Brockton Ave., Riverside.
The events are open to the public.

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForChristineOsborn

Per Christine's Mothers facebook page.

Wondering if NG will cover Christine's case today as per the fb quote.

"the airing of the Nancy Grace interview to catch killer joe is 8/20/12 @5pm and 7pm on cnn"

Wondering if NG will cover Christine's case today as per the fb quote.

"the airing of the Nancy Grace interview to catch killer joe is 8/20/12 @5pm and 7pm on cnn"

Thanks, Curious Me.

NG didn't cover any killers; instead, I believe she devoted the hour to that reality tv show that spun-off from Tiaras and Toddlers or whatever it's called.

(Didn't pay much attn...it just happened to be on TV in the other room. Nobody here watches NG regularly. <g>)

~jmo~

Article from Aug 17:

Hunt Continues for Man Who Stashed Girlfriend&#8217;s Body in Poway Hotel Room

&#8220;If he gets stopped anywhere in the country, the warrant will pop up,&#8221; said Deputy Albert Martinez of the Riverside County Sheriff&#8217;s Department, the lead agency on the investigation.
Martinez said multiple law enforcement agencies have been contacted about the case, but he could not disclose details about the ongoing investigation.

Anyone with information about Dorsey or his vehicle is urged to call Investigator James Merrill of the Riverside County Sheriff's Central Homicide Unit at (951) 955-2777, or Investigator Ronnie Rosas at (951) 210-1000.

~jmo~

Article from Aug 17:

Hunt Continues for Man Who Stashed Girlfriend’s Body in Poway Hotel Room

“If he gets stopped anywhere in the country, the warrant will pop up,” said Deputy Albert Martinez of the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, the lead agency on the investigation.
Martinez said multiple law enforcement agencies have been contacted about the case, but he could not disclose details about the ongoing investigation.

Anyone with information about Dorsey or his vehicle is urged to call Investigator James Merrill of the Riverside County Sheriff's Central Homicide Unit at (951) 955-2777, or Investigator Ronnie Rosas at (951) 210-1000.

~jmo~

Thanks shana. I wish I was hearing more on the local news about an alert to look for Dorsey. I tried to watch NG, but it was all about Tiaras and Toddlers...how disappointing.

Rest in Peace Christine.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy