CA CA - Christine Walters, 23, Arcata, 14 Nov 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi,
I've joined up to post about this. I'm an ex statistician who has recently become interested in missing persons cases, and when I read about this and studied the maps one thing really stood out to me.

To get from the copy shop Christine was at to the DMV in Eureka, California is meant to be quite simple - you go down I street and when you get to Harris Street turn right and go approx 24-26 blocks and there you are. However, we know Christine was not her normal self, frightened and panicked. If Christine got to Harris street and turned left instead of right and counted the blocks, it puts her pretty much at the entrance to McKay Community Forest which leads to Ryan Creek Community forest. I know when I have been frightened etc I have put my head down, not interacted with anyone and simply walked or counted streets. She may have been scared to ask for confirmation that she was going the right way. We also know she was not in her normal mental state and was maybe a bit altered which could lead to confusion.

We know that Christine liked walking in national parks and there is a big sign at the front of this park (as per Google street view) - it is very obvious, wooded and shady. My question is has this park been searched? Could she have gotten there and gone for a walk, or bolted in seeing it as a safe refuge?

Unfortunately, this park leads out to what looks like quite a vast wilderness.

I hesitate to say this but in this case also I would personally not completely rule out foul play due to a number of factors.

In my past career I devoted my time to analysing patterns and a few things have stayed with me after watching approximately 40 episodes of Disappeared. I will make a separate post about this but I will say that I think there are average to very strong patterns in these cases (which no doubt you are all aware of and have seen!) depending on several factors (I would say gender is actually the biggest one, then an array of other factors). Further to that, Ayahuasca can be incredibly unsettling for some people. If Christine was male and we had found a vehicle I would be more strongly leaning to this conclusion but I still think it is worth searching the park. Unfortunately I do know how incredibly hard it is to search.

Just my thoughts. Has anyone else wondered about this? It really stood out to me. I also want to say I hope I don't cause any disrespect by posting this and if I do I will take it down. I really hope that they find Christine.
Hi. Thank you for your insights. Welcome.

In some articles it says they had footage of her standing outside of the copy shop as if she was thinking. Does anyone know if they have footage of which direction she went in? That would be really important. I wish that had been included. Some of the 'last seen' statements are ridiculous - it states last seen knocking on a door in a remote area but that isn't true at all, she went to the hospital, was taken to the Red Lion and was seen by people at the copy shop. We know she asked directions to the DMV but which direction did she head in?

I always think they should include this in last seen - last seen at X place, heading Y (south, north, east, west, down Z street, etc).

I do have another theory revisiting the maps. From the copy shop to the DMV, you go down I st then Harris St in a straight line, you just keep going straight, there's nothing else to it. When you get to the end you see the shopping centre, it appears over the horizon on street view. You can see the shops and cut down to Taco Bell, well, I would, I wouldn't walk around. There is a wooded area/park inbetween Taco Bell and DMV, have they looked at that? The reason I say this is if it was hot and after that walk, maybe you would want a break? ETA: there is also another route - you just go on the 101 from the copy shop. It takes you past that same area where it turns into Broadway St. It's just a thought, I wish this would be solved.

Last edited:
Hi. Thank you for your insights. Welcome.
Hello there. I am Humboldt County Native and still live here. At the time that Christine disappeared the DMV was located on the corner of 15th Street and either Summer Street or Sonoma Street. It has just within the last couple of years been relocated to its temporary location at the foot of Harris Street. The old location was no where near The McKay Tract. I would tend to lean more on homicide than anything else unfortunately.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back