CA CA - Christine Walters, 23, Arcata, 14 Nov 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.times-standard.com/localnews/ci_11078296

Police seek missing woman

The Times-Standard
Posted: 11/26/2008 01:15:16 AM PST

The Eureka Police Department is investigating the disappearance of Christine Walters, a 23-year-old woman who has not been heard from in over a week.
According to EPD information, Walters has strawberry-blond hair and blue eyes. She stands 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs around 100 pounds.

After about 10 days of failing to contact family members, Walters' family reported her missing. Walters was last seen Nov. 11 in Eureka.

Above is the oldest press release I could find relating to Christine Walters. If there is an article older then 11/26/2008, please post the link. I believe this press release was made by EPD to inform the public of Christine's disapperance. This report is inacurate due to the fact that Anita Walters reported Christine missing after 2-3 days of no contact, not 10. Also Christine was last seen in Eureka on Nov 14th, not Nov 11th. The first article has 2 incorrect pieces of information. That's not a good start when 2 simple facts are reported incorrectly.

The links below are articles that have interestings statements made by Anita Walters and Roy Buchanon.

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/stories/432348

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/police-baffled-by-disappearance-of-christine-lindsey-walters/19397492

Walters' belongings -- including identification, money and a large backpack borrowed from Osiecki -- were found after her disappearance at a spiritual center in Arcata, Calif., a small town near Eureka. Investigators say the center's owner knew Walters and told them it was not uncommon for her to leave her belongings there while taking long walks in an adjacent redwood forest.

I have some concerns about the statement above: #1 Christine was staying at Greenlife in Arcata prior to her disappearance. Her backpack was there because she was staying there. From Nov.8th-Nov11th.

Cook and Paris said a deeply disturbing incident on Nov. 12 adds urgency to the case.

That morning, Walters was found on the doorstep of an isolated rural home outside Arcata, confused and wearing no clothes, her skin cut by briars, Cook said. "She was not herself."

The above statement says that Christine was found at a rural Arcata home on the morning of Nov 12. I believe the general conclusion made by anyone following this case is that: Christine went for a walk in a forrest in Arcata near Greenlife. Then she ends up right outside of Arcata naked with briar scratches. It seems so simple, but there is a catch. The Rural home they speak of is on Tompkins Hill Rd, 20 plus miles South of Arcata and 9 miles south of Eureka. Why say she showed up a rural Arcata home? The statement is misleading. Why not report it how it was? (Rural Eureka Home) And there is no way to walk from the forrest next to Greenlife and end up south of Eureka in a matter of a few hours. Roy and a friend saw Christine going for a walk on Nov. 11 in the early afternoon without her backpack. Where was she the night of Nov. 11th? How did she get there? Which brings us to the statement made by Anita Walters.

"She called from a hospital in Eureka and she was very scared," Anita Walters said. "She wasn't making any sense to me and was acting paranoid. She said that she was at some type of ceremony where they blew smoke in her face. She said someone was after her, and then she just stopped talking."

Christine was refering to the events of Nov. 11th that lead into the morning of Nov 12. It is unlikely that she was talking about Nov 8th/9th. From what Anita says: Christine had just participated in something from the previous day.

"Walters was treated at a local hospital but would not say what happened, Cook said. Police didn't feel her mental health warranted detaining her. No drugs were found in her system."

I wasn't aware that police officers are qualified to assess someone's mental condition with out proper testing or consulting a mental health professional.

In a later article(AOL) Paris Questions if she did have a mental breakdown. When Christine was released from the hospital they thought she was fine.

Humboldt County Sheriff's Department investigator Dan Paris said there is no evidence suggesting Christine had been harmed before or after her admittance to the hospital, but acknowledges there's no way for investigators to be sure the petite strawberry blonde disappeared of her own accord.

"We are as baffled as anyone else by what happened," Paris told AOL News. "Is this a young lady who decided to go off and cut all ties with society? Is this a young lady who had a mental breakdown of some sort, or is she the victim of foul play? We really don't know. I wish we did, but we have no idea."

Paris said the case remains active but until new leads come up, there is little his department can do other than post fliers and attempt to raise awareness.

On my visit to Eureka, I noticed only one place that had fliers posted. The buisness posting her flier is Central Office on I street in Eureka. I did not see fliers anywhere else. I walked into 90% of the buisnesses near the copy center and the hotel. Red lion Motel did not have any fliers up. What is Paris talking about? Where are these fliers he spkoke of?

The statement below is about the Shamanic gathering that took place on Nov. 8th 2008

And it appears that in California, in addition to reveling in the landscape and summertime music festivals, she had connected with a spiritual group. She told a Stevens Point friend via a MySpace message that she had attended a shamanic gathering.

The information below are the exact words of Tito Santana. It is from one of the emails he sent me.

the night of the ceremony in arcata california, there were about 18 to 20 people, a few people had sat with me in the past, the ceremony took place at green life cafe in which I believe Roy was part owner of that cafe.....I had meet roy a few months back in williams oregon, after he had already partaken in ceremony with me on 2 other occasions........

the guardians in ceremony in arcata were ulysses, & luc, who were present to assist anyone needing assistance to the restroom, or to be available for anyone that needs assistance for any reason.......present in ceremony was my partner camille who was visiting from france, also present was luc's partner pamela, & her mom who was visiting from vermont........

in the introduction of ceremony I let folks know that this ceremony is not a concert, not a social event, nor recreational event....this ceremony is a prayer purification ceremony.....the sacred tea is a natural tonic & medicine from the amazon region....... it's been utilized for thousands of years by indigenous people........it's been here before hospitals came into existence, & it has many healing properties, such as cleansing out parasites from the body........

in ceremony I utilize the sacred tobacco, a pure tobacco from the jungle of peru which is called mappacho.....elders use this tobacco to pray with, to ward off negative energies, & for the spiritual cleansings during ceremony........for the cleansings or "limpias" I utilize a lime that's parted with the sign of the cross.....I rub the lime on the participates body (fully clothed).....in latin america it's common to utilize an egg, lime, or natural herbs......the saying or tradition is that the egg, lime, or herbs, absorb the negative energies of the person receiving the limpia/cleansing.....afterward I utilize the sacred tobacco....with the tobacco eye blow 3 times on the crown of the head....3 times on the mid back.....3 times on the upper chest.....3 times in hands.........with the intentions for the highest healing, cleansing, & protection.....

the ceremony is a combination of traditional peruvian medicine prayers, as well as christian based prayers........through the prayer songs, we evoke the countless master healers, master teachers of the universe......through the prayers we place a canopy of protection, a canopy of healing, we work with the shield of david, & protection shield of archangel michael....we evoke maestro jesus christo who is acknowledged by many elders, in many countries, as a powerful healer, shaman, teacher....we also pray for world peace, balance, harmony, universal sisterhood, universal brotherhood, universal oneness........the ceremony lasted about 5-6 hours, after ceremony (approx 3-4am) everyone slept in the cafe.......& to be honest, with this particular ceremony everything went smooth, no one "acted out", no one had a "bad trip", there were no red flags whatsoever....it was a very smooth circle & a solid group of folks.......

the following morning, after ceremony, people started to awaken, (about 8am).......a few people went across the street to purchase hot tea, bagels, myself included....we went back to green life cafe....some people were still asleep, or resting, others conversing, some folks had left by that time, other folks were gathering there things (sleeping bags, blankets, etc).....I was conversing with many different people......it was a beautiful sunday morning......by the time we left the green life cafe (myself, camille & ulysses) it was about 11am 12pm.....green life cafe was open for business by that time, it is a comfortable place & seemed like a popular place for folks to gather.......I said my farewell to folks, a few folks were resting & I believe christine was one of them......from there camille, ulysses, & myself, made our way to roy's house which he let us stay in on sunday & enjoy the ocean close to his house......sunday night we cooked dinner, got the fire place going, those present were, luc, pamela, pamela's mom, & pamela's daughter (lomi), camille, ulysses, & myself we all slept at roy's house.......monday morning we enjoyed the ocean, by noontime on monday, camille, ulysses, & myself drove back to san francisco.......

Is it possible there were two shamanic gatherings? One held by Tito on Nov. 8th 2008 and a second gathering on Nov 11th conducted by someone else? I was therorizing the possibilty of a second gathering from day one. The problem was finding proof. I let go of the theory and recieved this email after speaking with Tito on the phone. (I didn't mention the second gathering theory to Anyone but Anita and the investigator until this post.

The next is also a segment taken out of an email from Tito:

wanted to mention that I did not learn about the disappearance until 2 months later.....I did receive a phone call from a good friend of mine from williams oregon in early, to mid december 2008, saying that there was a rumor that I had lost someone in ceremony......I asked him what he meant, he said that someone told him that someone had disappeared during ceremony in the woods with me......I told him to please stop kidding with me, no one left ceremony, & ceremony was not held in the woods......I remember getting a little upset because I automatically thought someone had started a false rumor.......after I hung up the phone with jon from oregon, I called my friend luc, who helped organize that ceremony in arcata california & who was also guardian that night of ceremony........he did not answer so I left a voice message regarding what I had just heard.........immediately after, I called roy in arcata who did not answer either so I left him a message as well.......a few days later I received a call back from luc, who confirmed & assured me that no one had left the ceremonial space, everyone was present during ceremony & until the following day.......

I will be posting more soon.

Above is the oldest press release I could find relating to Christine Walters. If there is an article older then 11/26/2008, please post the link. I believe this press release was made by EPD to inform the public of Christine's disapperance. This report is inacurate due to the fact that Anita Walters reported Christine missing after 2-3 days of no contact, not 10. Also Christine was last seen in Eureka on Nov 14th, not Nov 11th. The first article has 2 incorrect pieces of information. That's not a good start when 2 simple facts are reported incorrectly.

Anita reported Christine missing the evening of Nov.14 2008

Here is a list of the following inconsistencies on these WebPages:

Christine Walters, 23 Msg 11/14/08 Eureka, CA - Help Find The Missing

#1 After about 10 days of failing to contact family members, Walters' family reported her missing. Walters was last seen Nov. 11 in Eureka.

#2 Investigators say she had been visiting a friend in Portland, Oregon when she decided to extend her stay and head south to Eureka, California.

#3 Her family reported her missing on Nov. 17

After speaking with Anita yesterday, I was reminded that she reported Christine missing on the evening of Nov. 14th.

Christine extended her stay and visited Arcata. She had not been to Eureka before Nov. 12 2008.

http://my.opera.com/ChristineWalters/about/

#1CIRCUMSTANCES
Christine was last seen at approx. 4 pm in Eureka, CA. She was found naked, pounding on a door looking for help. She had scratches on her body and was delusional. The homeowner took her to a hospital and after she was released, police took her to the Red Lion Hotel. She was last seen on November 14th.

The above needs to be put into the correct context. Someone that hasn't heard the story will get easily confused.

I talked to the manager of Central Office. They saw her standing on the corner around 2:45, maybe 3:00 pm at the latest.

http://highboldtage.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/christine-walters-missing-in-humboldt/

#1 Christine Walters, 23, was last seen in California in November

More information about dates needs to be posted on that site.(No Date)

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=71957

#1 Early in the morning of Nov. 12, 2008, Christine Walters frantically emerged from the woods
outside Arcata, Calif.

She emerged from the woods outside of Arcata is misleading. (Should read "Emerged outside of Eureka)

#2 The Walters put Christine up in a Red Lion Inn for the night while they made arrangements to get her back to Wisconsin. At the hotel, her mother said she continued to fear she was being followed. Christine kept repeating, "They're going to find me wherever I go."
The next day, Nov. 14, 2008, Christine's parents spoke with her on the phone -- ironing out the details of her return. This was the last conversation they had with Christine, because she disappeared from downtown Eureka, Calif., that afternoon.

Christine was taken to the hospital on Nov. 12. She was released the same day and checked into the Red Lion Motel. The following day would be Nov. 13th. Christine was last seen on Nov 14. That means she would have spent 2 nights at the Red Lion before disappearing.

#3 Around 20 people gathered in Arcata, Calif., to be led by a shaman through a ceremony promising spiritual enlightenment.

The only truth to the above statement is 18-20 people gathered in Arcata, CA, to be led by a shaman. Spiritual Enlightenment was not promised.

I came accross the article below. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

http://www.times-standard.com/ci_12544301?IADID=Search-www.times-standard.com-www.times-standard.com

It's titled "Retired deputy keeps looking for Humboldt's missing"

"Paris never lets a file get dusty. He'll comb through them making sure that every shred of information on the missing person is accurate -- age, race, eye color, hair color. He'll work the phones, scour computer databases and talk to friends and family to keep the case fresh in their minds."
”We want to let people know we're not forgetting,” Paris said.

The above is not true in the Christine Walters case. I can't speak for his dedication to other cases, but I do know, his communication with Anita has been very little in this case. He doesn't return phone calls to her or call her to keep the memories fresh. Also it says that he scours databases and makes sure that information is accurate. If he really has been doing that for Christine, then why do many websites have inaccurate dates, times, location, ect.................

What may seem obvious to the uninitiated has to be challenged by a career cop like Paris. Take the case of Christine Walters, a Wisconsin woman who went missing from Eureka on Nov. 11, 2008.

I know Paris didn't write this story, but you would think he would get Christine's missing date correct. 8 months after she is reported missing and Paris tells the press she was missing from Eureka on Nov. 11. He knows it was the 14th. Why didn't Paris catch the error if he is so detailed oriented?

It sounds highly suspicious. But of the 15 cases currently on Paris' desk, Walters is the one for whom he has the most hope. Surprisingly, it's not uncommon for people to leave possessions behind -- even money. Walters was supportive of the environmental movement in the area, and Paris has seen a photo of a young woman with strawberry-blond hair being shown how to climb trees at a Southern Humboldt activist camp.

It's too bad he didn't go to the activist camp or at the least show the picture to Anita. He makes it sound like Christine, but he gave a very general description that could describe thousands of young woman in California. Why make the statement at all? Where is this camp? Why didn't he tell any of the private investigators where the camp was? If they really want to find Christine, why not give more cooperation? There are people who care about Christine that would check out the camp to confirm if it is her.

When a missing persons case has very little details it is important to keep the known details accurate and up to date in all media sources. Web admins can make changes to their sites and revise information at the push of a button.

I know many posters care and for that reason they imediatly post based on the first news report they read. It is very important to read as many press releases availible at the time of the of the incident. This will insure the information they are posting on is up to date and accurate. Also if we look up information on one source and another source is reporting something different or contradicting, we can question the inconsitencies. Corrections can be made sooner.

The websites listed are only a few that have Christine's story. Google her name. Read everything word for word. Anyone who does this will see exactly what I am saying about the inconsitencies and date/location errors.

Comment by Brian Schider on January 13, 2011 at 12:56pm

Below is a list of people who attended the ceremony from Tito's Letter

Tito's assistants were Luc & Ulysses
Roy Buchanon - Owner of Greenlife - http://www.facebook.com/#!/roycb?sk=friends&v=friends
Pamela - Luc's Partner
Pamela's daughter - Lomi
Pamela's Mom
Camille- Tito's Partner that was visiting from France
I will be looking into what you are saying about the school teacher. If she really isn't being cooperative,and has truly threaten Anita, I will be releasing her name. She was at the ceremony. You are right, she does have something to hide. Many professionals that partake in these ceremonies are secretive to protect their job and their name. This doesn't excuse a lack of cooperation. As of now, she may not know anything. I have spoken to the school teacher several times, I wonder why in a matter of 2 months she stop trying to help.

Bumping for Christine. Have there been any updates or developments on her case?

Bumping for Christine. Have there been any updates or developments on her case?

I check for updates periodically on this case, and I haven't seen any new information. Apparently Christine was last seen leaving the copy center and then vanished into thin air. Someone had to have seen her after she left. Maybe someone saw or heard something that they don't think is significant. Anything would help at this point. From what I can tell, this case is stalled.

I think there's a very good chance she's alive somewhere out there, maybe being held against her will.

Christine has been missing for 5 years. What happened to this beautiful young woman?

Where is Christine?
I can't believe there has been no sign of her in all this time. I can't see her as voluntary missing because she was so frightened and in a bad mental state after the tea ceremony. Is seems like she wanted to get out of there and get home.
Was someone really after her? Did something really terrible happen to her and the Shaman was afraid she would go to LE?
She left the copy center and just....poof, gone.

THE HUMBOLDT FIVE: “SO MANY MISSING FROM SUCH A SMALL AREA”
5.jpg

To raise awareness of local women who’ve disappeared under suspicious circumstances, a new graphic was recently released.
Today, hoping to get answers for the families of five Humboldt women that disappeared under suspicious circumstances, missing person activists launched a social media campaign. The campaign includes a Facebook page for the five missing women, share-able graphics (see image above,) a hashtag (#‎HumboldtMissingFive‬) and an interactive map (see photo below) of where the women disappeared. So-Cal Advocates For The Missing and their partners urge community members to share these images and this story in hopes that clues to the whereabouts of the women might emerge.

Heather Miller, a family advocate for NorCal Alliance for the Missing, designed the map. She said she was asked by a colleague to create it and was surprised by how much she learned in the process. “I was already familiar with the cases from research I had done on …Humboldt and the surrounding counties….I think [this] gives a new perspective, by combining their information and photos with a map showing you the locations that they are missing from.”

Who Are the Missing Women:

A spokesperson for the Humboldt Missing Five page said she found it curious that “so many were missing from such a small area.” She had recently formed a successful campaign around five men who had vanished in the Bay Area and has hopes that grouping the women together will help the community think about the disappearances in new ways–ways which might lead to uncovering what happened to them.
http://kymkemp.com/2015/04/01/the-humboldt-five-so-many-missing-from-such-a-small-area/

Humboldt-5.jpg

do all these girls have strawberry blond hair?

they're very similar looking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back