CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be very hard for him to hide anywhere in the U.S because his appearance is unique.

Snipped for sake of space.
I, respectfully, have to disagree. There have already been multiple false sightings. He is big, which stands out, but there a a lot of big, African American men with bald heads around SoCal. He does seem to have a tattoo on his rt (?) upper arm but that, also is not very unique. Let's just hope LE has more to go on than they are letting out.

By the timing of it, sounds like being discharged was what pushed him over the edge, so to speak.
He got fired from LAPD, all his appeals failed, and then he is discharged from the Navy as well.
Certainly not a successful career at that point.

Ironically enough, my SO's last station was San Diego. He's in Phoenix now but I'm going to call him and see if he knows this guy--most of the work he did was with guys in the reserves.

ETA: Nope, doesn't know him.

But he must have a way out so if we don't hear about a missing vehicle and/or missing people (and their cars), pretty soon, then it is likely he is holed up in a cabin up there.

It's possible he had a car/truck staged for his getaway early yesterday morning after torching his truck. JMO...hard to even try and think like him.

Searching a home in La Palma. (Breaking news on KNX1070)

He planned very well for this. I am thinking he detonated his truck after taking off in another vehicle that he had stashed somewhere not too far away.

I think he has legitimate complaints about the LAPD and that is what started his spiral into what we have now. He will not be caught alive because LE is not trying to bring him in alive hence shooting totally innocent people. IMO, that is telling. Since when do the police shoot first and ask questions later? jmo

I am disgusted by the eagerness of some to give credence to the accusations of a madman. This guy didn't live a peaceful life then suddenly go berserk because he was "wronged". His manifesto shows that he has spent his entire life feeling justified in using violence any time he sees fit. Only an idiot believes that they have the right to beat someone because they said something. We don't even know if the kids he admits to beating up in school really said what he claims they said. That is probably just his standard excuse whenever he got caught fighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This reporter has been at Dorner's house and tweeting. There's pictures too. They just got the search warrant and have entered the house. Other tweets about neighbors etc...

Josh Dulaney ‏@JoshDulaney
Orange County Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory near #Dorner residence in La Palma pic.twitter.com/iOc3HCja

https://twitter.com/JoshDulaney

This reporter has been at Dorner's house and tweeting. There's pictures too. They just got the search warrant and have entered the house. Other tweets about neighbors etc...

Orange County Regional Computer Forensics Laboratory near #Dorner residence in La Palma pic.twitter.com/iOc3HCja

https://twitter.com/JoshDulaney

Wonder what they're looking for. And why haven't they already searched his house??

He planned very well for this. I am thinking he detonated his truck after taking off in another vehicle that he had stashed somewhere not too far away.

I think he has legitimate complaints about the LAPD and that is what started his spiral into what we have now. He will not be caught alive because LE is not trying to bring him in alive hence shooting totally innocent people. IMO, that is telling. Since when do the police shoot first and ask questions later? jmo

Agreed! VERY telling. I hate to sound naive but those shootings at innocent people/cars yesterday morning NEVER happens around here.

Wonder what they're looking for. And why haven't they already searched his house??

I'm surprised it took them this long to search his house. They are searching for anything there for the murder investigation & I'd think to see if he left some hints as to where he's headed.

Oh, this might be why it took until this afternoon.

Whalen: The warrant is US marshalls and Irvine police. La Palma (police) is here to assist because it's their city.

Agreed and that's the scariest part. He could lay low for weeks at a time.
At some point, people will resume their normal lives and go back to shop and work and friends houses for dinner. They gotta get him quick and of all the times to have this huge storm ! YUK!

You know what...this got me thinking. This storm has been being talked about as a possibility for about 7 days now.

If it's true that the final straw was his honorable discharge from the Naval Reserves on 2/1, and with the anniversary of his termination being 2/7 (I believe; might be 2/8)...it's the "perfect storm", and he's taken full advantage of it.

He murders Quan and her fiance on Sunday, 2/3. Goes to San Diego, and leaves "evidence" down there, found on 2/4.

Irvine PD announces Dorner as a suspect on 2/6.

2/6: Daytime: Point Loma Naval base is locked down because of a credible lead of Dorner in the area.

On 2/6 at about 10:30 pm, Dorner tries to hijack a boat, telling the old man he tied up that he was "going to Mexico."

By 1:30 am on 2/7, he was in Corona (Riverside County), shooting at two officers who were guarding a potential target's home. They spotted the suspect truck, and began to follow; they were then shot at. They were not critically injured.

Within 30 minutes from the first shooting, Dorner pulled up next to a patrol car, opened fire, and killed one officer and critically injured the other. Both were incapacitated to such a degree they could not call for help; bystanders stepped in, calling for help from the patrol car's radio. These were Riverside officers.

At about 2:17 am, 2/7, a shuttle bus driver in San Diego turned in the wallet and badge of Dorner, which had been found less than 5 miles from SD international airport. Earlier reports have stated that the ID was found on the bus, and it is unclear as to exactly where it was found. It was turned in to SDPD at 2:17 am.

At about 9:30 or 10 am 2/7, reports start coming in about a burning truck which is similar to Dorner's on fire on a back road in Big Bear.

During a day long investigation, tracks are found near the truck. They apparently double back on themselves many times, and trail off onto some ice (which don't hold prints). The trail is lost.

That is where his trail goes cold...and now we don't know where this man is.

It is my opinion, based on nothing more than armchair detective work, that Dorner is NO LONGER in the Big Bear area.

He had plenty of time to come down, and be holed up somewhere in the area. He led folks on a merry chase from Los Angeles down to the border. He informed the boat owner that he was going to Mexico. He left plenty of planted evidence showing he was down there and "getting rid of stuff" that might implicate him.

There is NO REASON (imho) to believe that the truck in Big Bear is anything but an additional evidence plant, designed solely to spread out manpower and run LE on wild goose chases.

He planned this, counting on the snow, to make things uncomfortable and difficult to search.

It's a giant confluence of events, but to me, Dorner has been running up and down Southern California dropping evidence in plain sight, and is no longer anywhere near Big Bear. He had plenty of time...and he had plenty of time to plan this...years.

Bless us all, every one.

Best-
Herding Cats

For me it does a little bit. That's kind of based on looking at the grievances of past mass murderers. Usually, there is to much to their complaints when it comes down to it. They tend to have a perception of persecution or unfair denial of deserved recognition, that is not based in reality.

The very fact that someone is delusional or evil enough to murder innocent people and desire that innocent people suffer, simply because they feel they were wronged, tends to indicate, to me, that they likely were too delusional or evil to process things rationally or fairly, in the past.
Well-stated - I assume you mean there is not too much to their complaints - but I respectfully disagree. To conclude blithely that, because he has run amok, his perception of his own past is therefore irretrievably flawed, is a judgement I am not prepared to make.

Investigators leaving #Dorner home in La Palma pic.twitter.com/GqNWK2p6

hmmm, that was fast.

ABC7 Local news just had press conference in Big Bear. Still searching but don't feel he is an immediate threat to the ski slopes, so they are open for business. When asked what would end their search, Sheriff just replied "Any significant evidence that he has left the area."

The mayor's demeanor at the PC didn't sit well with me. He was so smiley, pumping sunshine about how Big Bear is open for business and that people shouldn't hesitate to come up and enjoy that Big Bear hospitality. I know there is a massive LE enforcement presence there, but it reminded me of the movie Jaws...don't mind the shark, just enjoy your vacation. Also seemed a little strange for the sheriff to be so sure the slopes would be safe. I obviously hope the skiers enjoy their day today but you wouldn't catch me anywhere near the place. Dorner's reportedly got a long-range weapon.

I just can't think he's still in BB. The truck was located early yesterday morning. Weather was bad last night and it's currently snowing in BB. I'd think he'd get the heck out of there before he got snowed in. I'm in Torrance and the weather all around SoCal is raining/cold. Could be a benefit or a hinderance for him.......
Unless he carjacked another vehicle, or had another one stashed for when he blew up the truck, he won't get far on a motorcycle in the snow. Chains are required. I've been in Big Bear in the winter. It's a mountain lake, gets as snowy and cold as Lake Tahoe or anywhere else...
I think he's snowed in and found shelter somewhere last night.

Snipped for sake of space.
I, respectfully, have to disagree. There have already been multiple false sightings. He is big, which stands out, but there a a lot of big, African American men with bald heads around SoCal. He does seem to have a tattoo on his rt (?) upper arm but that, also is not very unique. Let's just hope LE has more to go on than they are letting out.
If he's in Big Bear, he's going to stand out like a sore thumb, and will only be able to travel at night...

The mayor's demeanor at the PC didn't sit well with me. He was so smiley, pumping sunshine about how Big Bear is open for business and that people shouldn't hesitate to come up and enjoy that Big Bear hospitality. I know there is a massive LE enforcement presence there, but it reminded me of the movie Jaws...don't mind the shark, just enjoy your vacation. Also seemed a little strange for the sheriff to be so sure the slopes would be safe. I obviously hope the skiers enjoy their day today but you wouldn't catch me anywhere near the place. Dorner's reportedly got a long-range weapon.

I felt the same way! He came off as a total goof. Inappropriate smiling right out of the gate...weird. That is another reason, though, that I feel Dorner is long gone from BB (and they know it, or at least think that too). Ski slopes open for business when a murderer is possibly holed up in the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71