CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far he is accused of killing the daughter of the guy who actually was on his side-his own lawyer. So I am not sure how anyone other than him could rank his targets in order of importance. Because I would think that the girl who did absolutely nothing to Dorner would be pretty low on the list of targets.

I wonder if among the reason(s) she was selected was because he knew her murder would garner initial media and public attention due to her profession.

Notice where we are...

Discussing these events on a thread that was posted before the full extent of the story was known to the public.

I wonder if they will postpone the funeral if this isn't resolved by then.
Just seems like a great way to target a bunch of cops.

Just jumping off your post...

I missed when the funerals for Monica and Keith will be?

these funerals may be earlier than the LE funerals...

and what better way for a pip like CJD to rub salt into the wound.. And make THOSE funerals a target...

Just some thoughts...

They could even leave the country. Should be even safer. But they have to have means for all of that, and what if he is not found any time soon?

Honestly, I was only using Hawaii kind of tongue in cheek. (I tried to get a Hula smiley to post, but I couldn't) I'm not sure what he has the means to do. I was only saying what I would do if it were my family.

Sheriff’s Department Clears Up Dorner Rumors

During an afternoon press conference Friday, [San Bernadino County] Sheriff’s Department Public Information Officer Cindy Bachman clarified some points:

* The property owned by Dorner’s mother in the San Bernardino Mountains is an undeveloped plot of land in Arrowbear.

* There are no indications of an accomplice.

* Crews investigated a kicked-in cabin door in Seven Oaks and determined it was old damage.

http://kbhr933.com/current-news/32844020913/

They just told Dorner that all of this man's family is inside the same house. If Dorner truly has a shoulder-fired missile and his targets and their families have all been gathered into one house......... That's just too stupid. Dorner is delusional about his importance to the city of LA, but that doesn't mean his IQ has dropped. If this is supposed to be a trap, he won't fall for it.

I think it might make him feel more confident in going after anyone he decides to go after. The reason I said earlier I wonder if it was a planted article was b/c I do not think this guy's family is in that house. I think he and his family already left and they are just reporting about what is being done to make it seem these are the steps being made. He made it clear in his rant that he knows all their steps. By this ex cop saying this is what is happening it will reinforce CD with the thought of see I knew they were going to do that. Maybe giving him the boost to bring himself out of hiding to go after someone else or try to run.

and what better way for a pip like CJD to rub salt into the wound.. And make THOSE funerals a target...

Just some thoughts...

I don't think they are planned yet, and if and when i don't think we will know, her father is still a target and her family. I know that they had talked about having them placed together.

And on facebook and twitter.

Supporters of Christopher Dorner, the former LA policeman turned "cop killer," have shown up online, with tweets and fan pages on Facebook. Some call Dorner a "hero" for writing a nine-page manifesto alleged on racism and corruption within the LAPD.

Numerous supporters on Twitter are calling the alleged murderer a "Dark Knight." One Facebook page calls him "the hero LA deserves, but not the one it needs right now ... He's a silent guardian, watchful protector against corruption, he's our Dark Knight."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...tter_n_2647754.html?utm_hp_ref=technology&amp

:puke: :puke: :puke:

When I started reading it, there were 20 pages. (I didn't finish.) Yesterday some news reported there were only 11 pages. Maybe they published Cliff's notes? (joking)

How many police officers were listed in the manifesto? tia

I found it. I'm going to see how many officers he listed.

Just make sure it's original, I'm starting to see where it is being changed. jmo

The more I am reading about this case, the more I'm wondering, what the heck is going on.

Dorner manhunt: LAPD gunfire hits Torrance homes, cars ( link )
February 8, 2013 | 3:55 pm
Early Thursday morning, police officers spotted a pickup truck similar to Dorner's and fired numerous shots. But Dorner was not in the vehicle. Instead, cops shot at the truck of a mother-daughter team delivering newspapers in what LAPD Chief Charlie Beck has called a tragic case of mistaken identity.

[...]

Merkosky said she was in the shower when she heard what she thought were her kids banging on the bathroom door. She came out, only to realize that it was gunshots. She estimated hearing about 60 shots.

[...]

After the incident, police ordered residents to stay indoors, but from his window Goo could see dozens of yellow markers on the ground used to mark the stray bullets. While out surveying the damage, he counted five bullets in his entryway, a bullet hole in his garage door, two bullets hits his silver Lexus and another bullet grazed the hood of his Oldsmobile.

[...]

Goo, who normally works the early shift, said he has noticed the women driving down the streets without their headlights on. Still, he's baffled by the incident.

"How do you mistake two Hispanic women, one who is 71, for a large black male?" he asked.
Seems like they're on a find and execute mission as opposed to a track and capture mission. Which, imho, should be cause for concern. And, hopefully, will be fully investigated by an impartial 3rd party once this whole thing is over.

BBM.

Your post seems to insinuate that the police want to permanently silence Dorner because of something he might say. Well, he already said all he could in an appeals hearing and in his manifesto. This is not about silencing a whistleblower. It's about stopping more killings.

That is exactly my point.
Just because a car hasn't been reported stolen, doesn't mean there hasn't been one stolen.

That's right. He could have carjacked someone last night.

Oh, I agree. I don't see them capturing him alive. My issue is that they shot up the truck along with several homes, without bothering to see if they even had the right vehicle. The 71 year old mother was shot in the back and is in intensive care. If they continue in this manner, not only will other innocents be shot, and perhaps, even some killed, but they will look more and more like an execution squad.

Are you aware that it was dark when the shooting occurred, that the truck rolled up to the home they were guarding (a target of Dorner's), WITH ITS LIGHTS OFF, that someone emerged from the vehicle, in the dark, and threw something at the house, before any shots were fired?

"The violence of action will be high ... I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department) uniform whether on or off duty," http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nat...mains-at-large-as-manhunt-continues-1.4589275

I actually find it very interesting he didn't kill the guy with the boat.
Really makes me think he is ONLY going to kill targets unless he gets desperate.

Respectfully, B.S.. Who do you think the fiancee of Monica Quan was? He was not related to any of the people in Dorner's target list.

I'm worried about the Grammys tomorrow. And again, I don't believe that he's in Big Bear/Arrowhead...and I also think (although can't back up w/ details) that the broken axle may not be an accidental thing...and that the truck has been a diversionary tactic ala the boat heist. Planting evidence where he's not, just to lead LE on a merry wild goose chase in bad weather. A way to waste resources and drain energy of LE.

I'm also not worried for my own safety. Dorner's pretty clear that his targets are LE, and I'm not LE. Still, I'll be taking normal precautions and making sure the dogs are in with me and other protection at hand...but I don't believe he is going to involve citizens unless there's a big change. And right now, I don't see the metrics for that change.

I pray that today is the day Dorner is caught...dead or alive.

Best-
Herding Cats

I believe this is extraordinarily naive thinking. This man is a deranged killer on a mission. he has taken three lives. One of those lives was not connected to law enforcement. If cornered or desperate or unable to access more targets, he will easily kill any others because he has already proven he is a murderer, without conscience and without regard for human life.

Besides his stated targets, those who need to worry are those who happen to come across him (which could be anyone) or those who have something he wants (like a vehicle or shelter). If he is on the run, what better way to stave off LE and/or force his demands to be met than to take a hostage or two or three and slowly kill each one when LE fails to do what he demands.

This guy is evil and highly dangerous and no one in SoCal should feel safe until he is caught.

Just some thoughts...

I actually thought they would have already had those funerals... because it's been almost a week.
But they wouldn't have had time before they got the manifesto and realized what was going on.
So, I'm guessing they won't have those funerals right now because the woman's father is a target.

He killed the fiance because if he hadn't he would have been identified sooner.
They didn't know who killed Monica and her fiance... because there wasn't a witness.

Once they figured out who did it and the manifesto came out, he doesn't need to kill witnesses (like the old man) because everyone knows who he is already.

Considering police asked newspapers to remove the names of targets, we SHOULD NOT be posting them either.

So that includes the officer he made the complaint against... as well as the man he claimed she had used excessive force with and his father.
Right? That seems like a bit of a contradiction too.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_22543822

Quan, the first Chinese-American captain in LAPD history, retired in 2002.

In October 2002, Quan was hired as police chief at Cal Poly Pomona. Six months later, he was fired. Quan filed a lawsuit against the school in 2004.

"Quan, the former Cal Poly Pomona campus police chief who was non-retained, filed this action complaining that he was terminated because he objected to hiring an African American female," according to California State University documents.

Randal Quan, who became a lawyer in retirement, was hired by the LAPD officers' union to represent Dorner at an internal LAPD hearing

What a turn of news...

so Quan supposedly received consequences from hiring an African American female...

I wonder if CJD was aware of THAT?...

I can't imagine he hasn't researched Quan to the inth degree... :waitasec:

JMO

On "CBS This Morning: Saturday," CBS News senior correspondent John Miller reported that Dorner's abandonment of his truck because of a broken axle has prompted authorities to believe that he has shifted "from being the hunter to the hunted."

Miller reports that ammunition was found in the back of the burned-out truck, likely because Dorner only left behind the ammunition he couldn't carry.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...er-dorner-shifts-from-being-hunter-to-hunted/

bbm

I think he did NOT want the female hired.
But, that could have been because she was female... may not have had anything to do with race. :twocents:

What a turn of news...

so Quan supposedly received consequences from hiring an African American female...

I wonder if CJD was aware of THAT?...

I can't imagine he hasn't researched Quan to the inth degree... :waitasec:

JMO

Not directed to you The Cheese

At this point in the chase, I really don't want to here from LAPD about how he is a bad guy. Truth be told if he did not post that manifesto to his facebook, and had sent it to a news station or what ever we would never have seen what he had to say. I am not sticking up for what he has done, but I understand where he is coming from as far as being railroaded, jmo. btw I wonder when anderson copper will share the DVD that dorner sent him?

BBM. Wow. I am appalled by how many are buying what this vicious mass murderer is selling.

And I don't want to hear is how he supposedly was "railroaded."

Amen.

Whew! Here are his targets:
Redacted
lesbian officers trying to prove misandrist authority
asian officers who stand for nothing
those who go along to get along
Redacted
Redacted
Redacted
priests and cardinals in the Catholic Church
Redacted
any civilian that helps a downed officer
his very frightened ex

BBM.

I think this proves just about anyone could become a target.

He killed the fiance because if he hadn't he would have been identified sooner.
They didn't know who killed Monica and her fiance... because there wasn't a witness.

Once they figured out who did it and the manifesto came out, he doesn't need to kill witnesses (like the old man) because everyone knows who he is already.

I don't think anyone can predict the pattern of a cowardly murderer like Dorner.

Considering police asked newspapers to remove the names of targets, we SHOULD NOT be posting them either.

Maybe we can redact then? The list is powerful to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member