CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Los Angeles and Torrance police were involved in two shootings in Torrance early Thursday when police came across vehicles similar to the one sought by authorities in a massive manhunt for an ex-LAPD officer suspected of shooting three other officers.
---
The first Torrance incident occurred about 5:20 a.m. in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue in Torrance, Chase said. That incident involved Los Angeles police detectives from the Hollywood division, sources said.

Two people were struck by gunfire and transported to an area hospital with unknown injuries, Chase said. No officers were injured.

The second incident, which involved Torrance police, occurred at Flagler Lane and Beryl Street about 5:45 a.m. No injuries were reported in that incident.

Chase said both incidents involved vehicles matching the description of the one sought in connection with Dorner.

"Now it appears neither of them are directly related," Chase said. "In both of them, officers believed they were at the time."
---

more here: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/torrance-shootings.html

Fox reporting that two older newspaper delivery women were the ones shot, one in back, one in hand. Will be okay.
They were delivering papers at a protected residence, evidently, a person named by Dorner in the manifesto.

Remember there is a possible Police news conference at 10 am PDT.

With that in mind, I thought this in the latest LATimes Now article was interesting:

"Following his dismissal, Dorner said he became alienated and alone.

“I’ve lost a relationship with my mother and sister because of the LAPD. I’ve lost a relationship with close friends because of the LAPD,” Dorner said.

He said the killings were an effort to force the police to acknowledge that his abuse of force allegations had been true and that he had been unfairly dismissed.

“I’ll be waiting for a public response at a press conference. When the truth comes out, the killing stops,” Dorner said."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...d-and-planned-far-reaching-violence.html#more

Remember there is a possible Police news conference at 10 am PDT.

With that in mind, I thought this in the latest LATimes Now article was interesting:

"Following his dismissal, Dorner said he became alienated and alone.

“I’ve lost a relationship with my mother and sister because of the LAPD. I’ve lost a relationship with close friends because of the LAPD,” Dorner said.

He said the killings were an effort to force the police to acknowledge that his abuse of force allegations had been true and that he had been unfairly dismissed.

“I’ll be waiting for a public response at a press conference. When the truth comes out, the killing stops,” Dorner said."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...d-and-planned-far-reaching-violence.html#more

I think it is safe to say that the upcoming presser will not include an apology for his dismissal or acknowledgement of any truth in his claims.

Not saying there is any truth in his claims, or not.

Timeline from Los Angeles NBC affiliate. It's nowhere near complete, but it's a start.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...-Spree-Had-Sued-The-Department-190206031.html
Notable to me from the NBC Timeline:

"Feb. 1, 2013: Dorner separates from the Navy with a rank of Lieutenant.

Feb. 3, 2013: The daughter of Randal Quan, the LAPD’s first Asian-American captain and her fiancé are shot to death while sitting in their car on the top floor of the parking garage of their Irvine condo complex."

Apparently there is now a motorcycle officer down on a roadway somewhere. KTLA went to an aerial shot of the scene and then lost the signal. They're in a commercial break now.

Not clear if this is related.

Edit: not related. It was a collision between an SUV and the officer in Hollywood, near the 101 freeway.
The officer is being transported to a hospital.

When I first read his manifesto yesterday, I felt that on it's own- it actually evokes sympathy.

But this man chose to become what he was so enraged by. Hurting others out of hatred. He isn't just taking out his anger on those who wronged him, he's hurting and murdering people innocent to him. If kicking is excessive force, than murdering is... so much more.

I had sympathy for his plight right up until he decided there was a solution in murdering people. Now he's just another murderer, his message falls on deaf ears- because who listens to crazy, evil people?

KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO ‏@KNX1070
#BREAKING Search for ex-#LAPD cop stretches to #Vegas. Records show Christopher #Dorner owns home about 9 miles southwest of Strip.

Interesting unrelated article posted last night on the Los Angeles Times website.

It's LASO, not LAPD, but both agencies have some troubled histories.

Seven Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies have been notified that the department intends to fire them for belonging to a secret law enforcement clique that allegedly celebrated shootings and branded its members with matching tattoos, officials said.

The Times reported last year about the existence of the clique, dubbed the Jump Out Boys, and the discovery of a pamphlet that described the group's creed, which required aggressive policing and awarded tattoo modifications for police shootings.

The Sheriff's Department has a long history of secret cliques with members of the groups having reached high-ranking positions within the agency. Sheriff officials have sought to crack down on the groups, fearing that they tarnished the department's reputation and encouraged unethical conduct.

As part of the widening federal investigation of the Sheriff's Department, a criminal grand jury recently subpoenaed the agency for materials relating to deputy cliques, specifically citing several of the groups including the "3000 boys" and the Jump Out Boys.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-jump-out-boys-20130207,0,7728636.story

Found him a motel, 95% sure it's him, Federal Marshalls undercover on foot

San diego scanner is has hotel locked down its rockin, don't know how to alert scanner thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required