CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My condolences to the families of the deceased.
That being said, what in the world is going on there.... it's starting to sound like the old wild west.

Originally Posted by jjenny
My personal impression-cops were on protective detail-protecting some potential target of the suspect. The blue truck showed up that looked like the suspect vehicle. I am sure they are all freaking out, especially considering on what suspect wrote in his manifesto on what is going to happen to a cop who will try to stop him during a traffic stop. It looks like they shot up the truck because it fit the description of the suspect vehicle.

But, they shot it from behind.
SBM

Sorry for the folks in the "wrong" truck....holy cow !

Wanted to add that if you --or anyone you know, who may look like this "Dorne" guy and live in the area... better be careful when you're out and about.

I heard on the local news that one of the reasons they shot was that the truck was very similar and had a very similar license # AND they threw something out the window at the home of the people under protection. [ it was just the morning newspaper.]

But the cops on protection detail probably thought it was a pipe bomb or something. imo

Well first of all, if the house was under protection, how did the newspaper people get that close to it?

A "similar" license number? So did they think he changed a number or two? Or did they not double check the number?

Also it didn't match the description of his truck.
It was bright blue and had no roof rack. (I am actually reasonably sure it was not even a Nissan, I think it's a Toyota!)
His was a gray Nissan with a rack.
The SECOND truck shot at was a black HONDA, not a gray Nissan and also had no roof rack.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_...ct-christopher-dorner-leads-shooting-torrance

But the suspect could have stolen another vehicle by then, they had no idea!

What if that had been a family with kids in the truck?
If the guy steals a police car are they going to shoot up every police car they see?
What if he steals a school bus?
Or an ambulance?

That just is not acceptable.
They had the chance to FOLLOW the truck and they would have seen them throwing things out at every house.
It's not like the truck threw it and then tried to speed away!

I'm think I'm glad he burned out his truck at least they don't have a truck to target now (a truck several of my family members drive...)

I certainly hope they stop shooting first and asking questions later before a completely innocent person gets killed.
If the police kill innocent people... the public support is going to turn against them. They need the public support.

My personal impression-cops were on protective detail-protecting some potential target of the suspect. The blue truck showed up that looked like the suspect vehicle. I am sure they are all freaking out, especially considering on what suspect wrote in his manifesto on what is going to happen to a cop who will try to stop him during a traffic stop. It looks like they shot up the truck because it fit the description of the suspect vehicle.
The women were reported to be newspaper delivery people. If they showed up at a location being guarded because of threats bu Dorner, in a truck similar to the one he was supposed to be driving, and threw something at the house I'm not surprised the officers reacted as if they were a threat. For all they knew it could have been Dorner tossing a bomb at the house.

JMO

The proper thing to do should have been to barricade the street leading past the LE Captains home. If the barricade was broken, open fire. But to just start blasting at a truck that drives by with lights off is outrageous.

The photos of that truck with police tape surrounding it looks like this was not a very heavily traveled street that the LE Captain lived on. It could have been easily barricaded.

JMO

6a00d8341c630a53ef017d40da0bf1970c-640wi

JMO

Anderson Cooper stated that there will be a press conference in 12 minutes or so. A person from Dorner's manifesto was just speaking on Anderson Cooper 360. I just caught the tail end of the interview.

Thank you, I was starting to think I was crazy!
So that's a Toyota, right? It definitely is NOT a Nissan.

The proper thing to do should have been to barricade the street leading past the LE Captains home. If the barricade was broken, open fire. But to just start blasting at a truck that drives by with lights off is outrageous.

The photos of that truck with police tape surrounding it looks like this was not a very heavily traveled street that the LE Captain lived on. It could have been easily barricaded.

JMO

6a00d8341c630a53ef017d40da0bf1970c-640wi

JMO

More info on Anderson Cooper right now. He was speaking about his package and showed a photo of the coin with the bullet holes. He wiped everything (cell phone, internet, etc, last post on facebook) on January 31st . He closed all his accounts to make himself less traceable.

Anyone think he might have been doing steroids? He certainly has bulked up.....

And it would explain a lot of the rage....

Well first of all, if the house was under protection, how did the newspaper people get that close to it?

A "similar" license number? So did they think he changed a number or two? Or did they not double check the number?

It was bright blue and had no roof rack. (I am actually reasonably sure it was not even a Nissan, I think it's a Toyota!)
The SECOND truck shot at was a black HONDA, not a gray Nissan and also had no roof rack.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_...ct-christopher-dorner-leads-shooting-torrance

If the guy steals a police car are they going to shoot up every police car they see?
Or an ambulance?

They had the chance to FOLLOW the truck and they would have seen them throwing things out at every house.

I'm think I'm glad he burned out his truck at least they don't have a truck to target now (a truck several of my family members drive...)

I certainly hope they stop shooting first and asking questions later before a completely innocent person gets killed.
If the police kill innocent people... the public support is going to turn against them. They need the public support.

You are correct the blue truck is a Toyota Tacoma. You can read the name plate in this photo.

original.jpg

Okay thanks, I couldn't find that big of a picture! :seeya:
So they shot a bright blue Toyota Tacoma and a black Honda... while searching for a Gray Nissan.
Yes, that is a problem!

Or an ambulance?

A roof rack makes no difference because it comes right off. They don't even take that into account.

All of the early descriptions of the truck said BLUE or GRAY. The witnesses gave
conflicting descriptions.

And yes, the license number could have been a number or two off. It often happens like that.

The house was being protected by undercover cops who parked in unmrked cars , on the street in front of the home. It was not hard for a car to drive past on the street. They did not block off the public road. So imagine the cops surprise when at 4 am a truck, matching the description, comes by, slows down in front of the home and throws an object out the window. I can see how that freaked out---although it was WRONG.

I feel very sympathetic towards the cops in this situation. They are trying to protect the families, the wives and children, of their fellow officers. So they are very amped up right now. That sick man just killed a beautiful young woman, the daughter of the ex-police captain. They all have families themselves so they are very worried and protective. JMO

I suspect that either he left the area, Or he is attempting to lead LE (as many as he can) into a trap.

Heavy heart. It's not every day that those charged with protecting the city become the hunted target themselves. How disconcerting.

Okay thanks, I couldn't find that big of a picture! :seeya:
So they shot a bright blue Toyota Tacoma and a black Honda... while searching for a Gray Nissan.
Yes, that is a problem!

My local newspaper described it as a BLUE OR DARK GREY pick up.

Big Bear area lots of cabins?
Could he break into one and stay held up?
If the weather gets cold, he could survive.

Big Bear presser: San Bernadino Sheriff John McMahon

Tracks were found around vehicle; did not lead to suspect. Tracks did not lead to residential area.

Basically, they couldn't track him based on the initial tracks around the vehicle.

Aerial/ground/canine search continuing. Will continue for as long as they can, "weather permitting."

125 LE in "general area, both tracking and doing the door-to-door searches."

If structures "look secure, we're not going to force entry."

Not going to talk about what was or was not found in truck; truck to be processed tonight in San Bernadino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member