CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know the timeline? IIRC, he attempted to steal a boat at 3am on the 7th. His wallet & ID was found at the San Ysidro border crossing at 5am. Then his truck was found at what time on the 7th?

His known associate was under surveillance the entire time, so he didn't put the truck at Big Bear - so it must have been CD.

Do you remember what time his truck was found burnt out?

Has anyone seen an explanation of what vehicle the "other" plate (8D83987-as opposed to the one assigned to his Titan, 7X03191) was taken from? Interesting that the site the cabbie found Dorner's ID and the LAPD badge was at Pacific highway and Laurel st. I know that intersection- its the closest gas station to several car rental agencies almost literally a stones throw from the airport.

10:30pm/wednesday: attempted theft Southwestern Yacht Club near Point Loma
yacht club ---> San Diego airport: 4 miles/11 minutes

time unknown/wednesday: discard briefcase/wallet/badge/ID near airport
SD airport ---> Corona: 100-115 miles/90 minutes-2 hrs depending on route

1:30am/thursday: shooting in Corona

Corona ---> Riverside: 13 miles/20 mins
time unknown/thursday: shootings in Riverside

Riverside ---> Big Bear/near 2N10 abandoned truck: 55-70 miles/90 mins-2 hrs
8:30am/thursday: reports surface that burned truck is being investigated

1:00pm/thursday: truck found in Poway w/ plates registered to Dorner
(Poway truck's stolen plates found on burned truck)

2:30pm/thursday: announcement that burned truck belongs to Dorner
(that's when they announced it, not when they knew it)

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...hunt-for-suspected-killer-christopher-dorner/

it's a really tight timeline. three hours between theft attempt at 10:30pm and first shooting at 1:30am, w/ about 2 hours of that time spent driving. plus however long it took in Poway (north of SD) to decide which truck plates to steal and get 'er done

cannot find link giving exact time of Riverside shootings which came next. referring to 1:30am Corona shooting, all articles say "a short time later, in Riverside ... "

20 minutes from Corona to Riverside, guesstimate the second shooting at 2am

it takes 90 minutes-2 hours to go from Riverside to Big Bear. now we're at 4am

it's illogical that he would make a 45-minute drive up a mountain hwy to rush to a back-country road so he could immediately burn his only transportation. that cannot have been his purpose. if he had other means of transportation he would't have abandoned the outdoor gear and weapons found in the truck. I exclude the use of a bike or motorcycle because he is not traveling light enough for that mode of transportation. he had to have spent time doing something once he arrived in Big Bear, driving by locations, planning that day's events, examining his life, whatever. then the truck got stuck or the axle broke and he unloaded/cached some of his gear/weapons before starting the fire. guesstimate he spent 90 minutes on all of that. now we're at 5:30am

"reports began to surface" about the burned truck being investigated at 8:30am. which means it was discovered at least, shall we say, 30 minutes before the 8:30 reports appeared? now we're at 8am. or 60 minutes? now we're at 7:30am

haven't guesstimated fuel/comfort stops/meals (or sleep?) along the way, and those make the timeline tighter

I wonder if he didn't set the fire until at least 5:30am, about two or two-and-a-half hours before it was discovered

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...hunt-for-suspected-killer-christopher-dorner/

it's a really tight timeline. three hours between theft attempt at 10:30pm and first shooting at 1:30am, w/ about 2 hours of that time spent driving. plus however long it took in Poway (north of SD) to decide which truck plates to steal and get 'er done

cannot find link giving exact time of Riverside shootings which came next. referring to 1:30am Corona shooting, all articles say "a short time later, in Riverside ... "

it's illogical that he would make a 45-minute drive up a mountain hwy to rush to a back-country road so he could immediately burn his only transportation. that cannot have been his purpose. if he had other means of transportation he would't have abandoned the outdoor gear and weapons found in the truck. I exclude the use of a bike or motorcycle because he is not traveling light enough for that mode of transportation. he had to have spent time doing something once he arrived in Big Bear, driving by locations, planning that day's events, examining his life, whatever. then the truck got stuck or the axle broke and he unloaded/cached some of his gear/weapons before starting the fire. guesstimate he spent 90 minutes on all of that. now we're at 5:30am

"reports began to surface" about the burned truck being investigated at 8:30am. which means it was discovered at least, shall we say, 30 minutes before the 8:30 reports appeared? now we're at 8am. or 60 minutes? now we're at 7:30am

haven't guesstimated fuel/comfort stops/meals (or sleep?) along the way, and those make the timeline tighter

I wonder if he didn't set the fire until at least 5:30am, about two or two-and-a-half hours before it was discovered

I believe the Corona shooting was closer to 1:10am and the Riverside closer to 1:35am. If he took off right to Big Bear from the shooting in Riverside he could have easily been up the mountain in an hour and a half (perhaps a bit longer as it was foggy that night.) We know he got gas in Corona (as that is where he was spotted initially)....but of course we don't know how much he got before he shot the Corona police officer and fled to Riverside.

Just catching up.

Another use for the oxygen tanks could be for hiding deep in caves.

I don't think the truck and burning was a planned event. The truck was disabled from a broken axle. Other reports say two AR-15's were found in the trunk.

IMO - The truck broke down on Dorner and he couldn't walk around with long guns, it would be too obvious. He burned the truck to destroy evidence (not all evidence destroyed.) No fingerprints or DNA ect..

What happened next is questionable.

Did he steal another car?
Carjack a vehicle?
Have a friend pick him up?
Still in hiding at Bear BB?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/christopher-dorner-dragnet-extended-mexican-border/story?id=18469601

Get the signs ready "Wanted: Christopher Dorner, 13,720,500 pesos!!!"

He better stay under a rock, even in Mexico.

Yup, exactly what I was thinking! Maybe there would be more open terrain to hide out in in Mexico? I dunno....but with a $1 mil bounty on his head he will be as at risk there as he is here, or maybe even more so.

Don't interpret this as cop bashing BUT if I were heading up the LAPD I would realize if this guy is taken alive and ends up rambling his crazy b_s during the trial and afterwards he will be turned into a HUGE MARTYR which will likely cause more problems in the city for the police and the citizens.

I am sure the LAPD is much more ethical, I however would want this guy DEAD fast by any means possible so he can't continue to cause problems.

I don't think the truck and burning was a planned event. The truck was disabled from a broken axle. Other reports say two AR-15's were found in the trunk.

IMO - The truck broke down on Dorner and he couldn't walk around with long guns, it would be too obvious. He burned the truck to destroy evidence (not all evidence destroyed.) No fingerprints or DNA ect..

What happened next is questionable.

Did he steal another car?
Carjack a vehicle?
Have a friend pick him up?
Still in hiding at Bear BB?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/christopher-dorner-dragnet-extended-mexican-border/story?id=18469601

I am almost convinced he has "helpers" out there. Not just JY but others that weren't named in the manifesto. :(

Great first posts InciteRevolution! You've been quiet too long. Keep up the good work!

You're completely missing the point.

1) When you want to use a cellphone that is not a prepaid phone, you have to select a service provider (AT&T, Verizon, etc.).

2) When you register your non-prepaid cellphone with the service provider -- which you are required to do in order to obtain cellular service for your cellphone and pay the provider for the usage of your phone -- you give a name and address as well as your Social Security Number. So I don't know why you say not many people set up accounts with service provider?

3) What I AM saying is that for Dorner who intended to use this phone during this criminal period, he likely gave a FALSE name/contact info/SSN so that the cellphone he uses will not be able to track the usage back to him.

That is what I'm saying and that is all I'm saying. QED :rocker:

A false SSN? and the proper name associated with this false SSN? and a false address? I guess it is possible. I believe they would have to risk a credit check with the false SSN.

I don't believe anyone would go this route but I could be wrong.

bbm...I think you misread...- what I said is I don't know many of them.

You don't need to give a name or SSN for those cheap phones. They usually sell for about $14 and you can buy minute cards, all with cash. If you want one with internet capability you may have to pay about $30 for it, but you can still pay cash for it and the minutes. Family Dollar and Dollar General types stores are not going to ask for any personal info. Extra cards can also be bought at any drug store or WalMart at the counter and they are not going to ask for any personal info either.

There are also wind up and battery operated t.v.s and radios available, most people buy them for when the power goes out.

You don't need to give a name or SSN for those cheap phones. They usually sell for about $14 and you can buy minute cards, all with cash. If you want one with internet capability you may have to pay about $30 for it, but you can still pay cash for it and the minutes. Family Dollar and Dollar General types stores are not going to ask for any personal info. Extra cards can also be bought at any drug store or WalMart at the counter and they are not going to ask for any personal info either.

There are also wind up and battery operated t.v.s and radios available, most people buy them for when the power goes out.

As a prepaid user myself, I can vouch for that! Tracfones can be bought for $10 or less at all sorts of stores. I think the minimum time card is 30 minutes for $10. It's all quick, easy and anonymous.

After authorities interviewed the boat captain early Thursday, they found Dorner's wallet and identification cards at the San Ysidro Point of Entry near the U.S.-Mexico border, the court records show.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-manhunt-extends-from-mexico-to-california.html

The records state that the manifesto was discovered by authorities Wednesday, three days after the slaying of the two Irvine victims
The first shooting was in Corona after an eyewitness reported a person matching Dorner's description at a gas station to an LAPD officer "who was detailed to the area to protect one of the officials whom Dorner had threatened," according to the court records.

"When the officer drove by the gas station, the suspect exited his vehicle and fired an assault rifle at the officer, hitting the officer's vehicle," according to the court records.

The LAPD later said the officer received a grazing wound.

About 30 minutes later, Dorner opened fire on Riverside police officers "who were in the area searching for Dorner," the document said. The account conflicts with a statement provided to the media by Riverside police officials, who said the officers were simply stopped at a red light and not looking for Dorner.

I have seen speculation that an accomplice, perhaps JY, might have driven the truck to BB and torched it for CD. And it works logistically. But I just cannot imagine somebody agreeing to drive that truck around, knowing that they would have been shot up by any Law Enforcement who spotted them. That is quite a favor to do for a friend. And I think JY is a father. Why would he volunteer to do something so dangerous?

The Criminal complaint filed in federal court stated that JY was under surveillance, and was seen in Costa Mesa about 20 minutes before Dorner's Titan was found burning-so if that's correct, we know JY likely didn't set the Titan on fire. (item 9, on the last page of the complaint)
http://media.nbclosangeles.com/documents/Christopher+Dorner+criminal+complaint.pdf

Gram thanks for the timeline-it's helpful.

The criminal complaint states that the Titan was found burning at 12:45pm on Thursday-not sure how to square that with the reports that LEOs were investigating Dorner's burning truck @ 8:30. (item 9, last page)http://media.nbclosangeles.com/documents/Christopher+Dorner+criminal+complaint.pdf

IMO anyone named in the manifesto in the way JY was, are not involved.

That's likely someone he knows won't quite understand why he did this, so he's attempting to let him know it wasn't all a facade and he really did love and respect him. If he were still in regular communication, he wouldn't have needed the shout out.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member