CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a map handy of where his truck was found?
I read that it was the forest service road between Snow Summit and Bear Mountain ski resorts. That would be 2N10 or Moonridge Truck Trail. Plug it in to Google Maps.

MAP — See if this works:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8834417&postcount=1133"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MANHUNT! Calif. college basketball coach, fiance found dead[/ame]

I should add, that if indeed he is still up there, and they told my friends that it was safe to come up, and something happens to them or anyone else, I will be livid, furious. :furious:

JMO, but i think he's been off the mountain since the truck was set on fire, could have had a bike stashed there and a helmet. You didn't chains that day, it hadn't started snowing again yet and the roads were clear. If he had a helmet nobody would notice him. I think it is a diversion. It appears now that LE is saying they don't know if the axle broke on it's on our when they were towing it. How perfect, set the truck on fire with some survival stuff in it and everybody will come there looking for you, leaving you free to go elsewhere, I'm not a criminal but I think I might have thought of this on my own too.

Also as far as them not shutting down the ski resorts, I have no doubt whatsoever that they would not have told people to go ahead and come up if they really thought there was some crazed killer roaming around the mountain. The people who work there would have survived, there are plenty of times during the winter months when there is snow up there and the resorts are closed. I have gone up there lots of times in the winter when there is no snow and the resorts are closed for skiing. We just go up to get out of town.'

But again, I just don't think there is anyway they would have allowed all these people to go up there and be put in harms way. Honestly if they did, then they are extremely reckless and insane. If somebody got hurt or worse the lawsuits would end that small town.

BBM:

I agree this is a very good possibility.

I'm still not going to discount my theory of him possibly hang gliding to a different location. :floorlaugh:

I kept thinking with all the trees, I hope LE is watching out from above.

I honestly think he could be anywhere and it bothers me he has this support group. So, there could be others helping him. I do enjoy the mental picture of him being a frozen perpsicle though, or maybe he will be found with a self inflicted gunshot wound.

I'm so uncomfortable with calling the potential victims of a coward "evil", or giving any credence to the ravings of the murderer of innocent people. Not on a victim friendly site like Websleuths.

Was that something that was said on the phone call? I tried the link for the call and didn't see anywhere to listen to it and don't know what was said. I'm sure it was awful though.

He is a very large man, he has to get hungry soon, doubt he had food hidden......
has to show up for food somewhere.
Could be a cabin or if he left Big Bear to the nearest city.

He is a very large man, he has to get hungry soon, doubt he had food hidden......
has to show up for food somewhere.
Could be a cabin or if he left Big Bear to the nearest city.
4 possibilities if he didn't: 1) hunt, 2) hold someone hostage for their food/shelter 3) go to a restaurant there 4) go to a market there. There are 2 major supermarket chains up there- Vons and Stater Bros.

Excellent Passionflower, food. I remember another case where my first thought was food, needed food as they were hefty. It was his downfall and he was at a food place when arrested. It was that 12 year old with the older guy in his 30's not too long ago. Found in FL when everyone was looking in Tenn/NC/SC? Forget their names though.

This guy could be anywhere and he wants people to think that too. Cowardly if you ask me. He has been hiding since he "alledgedly" murdered the first 3 innocent people & ditched the truck.

@ Kaliste, I agree w/ what you said ,having a 4-5 hour jump, it WAS a diversion then!!! hmmm..... Ok then where did he ride to on the mountain bike w/ helmet? to get into a different car! ? He timed the storming coming. He knew that would tie-up the search teams,and delay them.With his Military deployment in the middle east ,did have the know-how to evade detection in the desert?

How do we know this Dorner character still weighs 270? He could have lost weight, grown his hair out, have a beard or a mustache.

on the news they posted a CAM pic of him in orange county Near the hotel he stayed @ within the last week or so. Big guy ,but could trim down . if he did lose 40 lbs . he'd stand a chance of "re-entering Society" undetected. needs a wig too.

How do we know this Dorner character still weighs 270? He could have lost weight, grown his hair out, have a beard or a mustache.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/christophe...angerous-combination-skills/story?id=18443511

Latest picture from 1/28.

ap_christopher_dorner_ll_130208_wg.jpg

looks like he might be growing a stache of somekind on his face.

I saw Mary Ellen O'Toole speaking about Dorner on tv today but I don't remember what news station it was. I was looking for what she had said but couldn't find it. Here is a statement that she did make about him though:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/09/christopher-dorner-court-records-_n_2652289.html

What she said earlier today that I couldn't find was on the lines of how this had been going on for a long time. He had a lot of time to plan things. He didn't just snap. She also stated that he is the one that is now being hunted, he is no longer doing the hunting and this is not something he is used to. Sorry, I really wish I could find her statements from tv as I'm sure I didn't word it as well as she did.

The ex-girlfriends statements are telling also:

Court papers from 2006 show that Dorner requested a restraining order against a woman he had dated for six weeks after he said she posted his LAPD badge number and trash-talked about him on a website called dontdatehimgirl.com.

Dorner attached the lengthy posting he said was by his ex-girlfriend, Ariana Williams, as well as a handwritten note she apparently placed on his belongings when she returned them after they broke up.

In the web posting, Dorner is described as "severely emotionally and mentally disturbed," "twisted" and "super paranoid." It also said he flashed his police badge on their first date, lives with his mother and hates himself for being black – at one point asking her to act more like a white woman.

"Just be careful because this guy is a police officer and he will probably think that he can get away with anything. ... If you value your sanity, stay away from this guy."

Dorner claimed Williams was harassing him and sent a threatening letter to his home. He asked that she also stay away from his mother and sister. In her response, Williams denied Dorner's allegations.

Records show Dorner did not show up at a hearing in November 2006 and the case was terminated. She could not be reached to comment. Her attorney, Stephen G. Rodriguez, did not return a call or email seeking comment.

IMO, it's scary this guy was in the military and it's scary this guy was a cop. He has been unstable all his life.

Excellent post. Thank you so much.

I agree with this theory but I think he was able to get off the mountain before his car was located. He had 4-5 hours head start. 4-5 hours where no one was looking for him. I'm sure he intended on hiding out up there until his axle broke. I fully believe he found a way out. The big storm didn't start until late Friday afternoon, Thursday was actually quite mild. Local media had live coverage of the swat teams hopping off helicopters and searching.

I keep thinking about it and just can't imagine hes been able to hide with all the LE presence, dogs, media, helicopters, etc up actively looking up there. Then again, it been quiet since the truck was found so maybe he's a big frozen fish stick covered in 3 feet of snow.

He could have but he could also be dead up on the mountain.

You know, in looking at the map where the truck was found...I don't think that road was bad enough to break a 4x4's axle.

Just thinking aloud here...

Best-
Herding Cats

If he was still up in the the last 2 nights ,he was on "walkabout" since LE quit after dark.and search helicopters had no vision from the snowfall. the snowfall aided in the covering up his footprints.Question : How good are tracking dogs in snow? is their sniffing hampered ?

You know, in looking at the map where the truck was found...I don't think that road was bad enough to break a 4x4's axle.

Just thinking aloud here...

Best-
Herding Cats
Hubby & I discussed it. If he was going fast enough, it's a dirt road and there's going to be rocks, ice, snow, and trees. Unfortunately it wasn't listed in his off-roading book to see what it's rated.

Does anyone think he's dead? He hasn't been spotted despite a statewide manhunt. He could have walked into the woods and shot himself and may not be found for ages.

Just a thought.

MOO

Mel

Does anyone think he's dead? He hasn't been spotted despite a statewide manhunt. He could have walked into the woods and shot himself and may not be found for ages.

Just a thought.

MOO

Mel

nope. IMO he is a suicide by cop type.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

There's several choices, he's dead due to falling in a ravine while trying to hide out, he was injured when the truck hit something hard to break the axle or something like that, he left the area asap via ? fill in the blank, he's holding up in an empty cabin with possibly a hidden room/bunker?, he's holding someone(s) hostage in a cabin, he has a friend with a cabin, he never was at big bear and someone is helping him, he's chicken chit and has left the area to ? or in Mexico which makes him an even bigger chicken as the death penalty would be waved for extradiction of his butt...and so many other scenarios. (I know, death penalty is on hold in CA)

As of 2012, there are 725 offenders (including 19 women) on California's death row.[2][3] Of those, 126 involved torture before murder, 173 killed children, and 44 murdered police officers.[4]

Because California's death penalty was enacted through the voter-initiative process, the only way to replace it is through a voter-approved ballot measure. An attempt to remove the death penalty in 2012, Proposition 34, was defeated with 53% of the vote against it.

wiki, sorry.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_California"]Capital punishment in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I could go on at this point in time. Not enough information or sightings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newsboynyc