CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of those drones. I've been wondering if it was one of them that set his truck on fire. I can't think of a good reason why he'd have torched his truck himself.

Probably wanted to destroy what was in it. He may have been on his way to abandon the vehicle but I don't think things went as planned. He left gear behind and intended to destroy it and any clue as to his whereabouts and plans.

Jmho of course.

Speaking of those drones. I've been wondering if it was one of them that set his truck on fire.
From my read, they're heat sensing spy drones, not missile drones.

Speaking of those drones. I've been wondering if it was one of them that set his truck on fire. I can't think of a good reason why he'd have torched his truck himself.

I can think of a couple of good reasons. One, he had evidence and things he wanted burned up. Two, he had weapons and ammo that he wanted destroyed. And three, he wanted the diversion so LE would waste time and $ and resources searching for him during a weekend blizzard. And 4, for the giggles. I bet he was warm and safe somewhere watching it on tv.

Just flipped through all the local channels, and nothing about this sighting at all.

Listening to scanner, but no posting up here.

best-
Herding Cats

As a doubting thomas...

Because, they thought the news paper women were him, and unloaded at the very least, 46 rounds into a truck containing two innocent victims. ( link ).

Because nearby homes and cars were also riddled with bullets, ( link ).

Because, just a few blocks away, they rammed and shot at another truck, after the driver had complied when they ordered him to turn around ( link ).

Because eye witness testimony, is faulty, at best and quite wrong, at worst, to include seeing the enemy around every corner, under every rock, and behind every tree. ( link )

Another situation that comes up is the double identification effect. Basically, this happens when an eyewitness had actually seen the suspect prior to, or maybe after the event, and then mistakenly thinks the suspect was at the event as well.

Because, in the face of a traumatic event, and esp in this case where people were already on high alert, they can easily misidentify, as evidenced by the aforementioned example. And next thing you know, it becomes carved in gold fact, as evidenced by the riverside example, when in reality, it could be completely wrong. ( link )

Dorothy Canady said she would never forget the man who shot a retired New York City police officer, but at trial she identified Juror No. 6 as the assailant. Another witness to the crime said the attacker was a black man with braids, yet he picked an Hispanic man with short hair out of a photo lineup.

And finally, because the shooting of the two officers does not fit with the rest of dorner's behavior.

For these reasons, as a doubting thomas, I raise the question, can we be a hundred percent certain he was, in fact, the individual who shot the riverside officers, murdering one?

There was no "high alert" in this area until AFTER these police officers were shot here. IMO LAPD had no reason to believe other LE officers were at this level of risk until AFTER these three officers were shot by CD.

There is a big difference between shooting at someone thinking they are someone else only to discover relatively quickly that you were wrong and an entire group of witnesses stating the exact same thing. I believe the Riverside PD (and all assisting LE) were correct in identifying the perp. There is no conspiracy here.

I completely disagree that CD shooting the two Riverside Police officers "does not fit with the rest of dorner's behavior." 15 minutes earlier he shot a cop he didn't know in the head less than 8 miles away....after he posted a rambling statement about his intent to kill police officers....after he ambushed two other people he didn't know as they sat in their car in Irvine. There were multiple eye witnesses. The area in which both of these shootings occurred aren't areas in which random crimes like this occur. It is statistically improbable that it was anyone OTHER than him given the crime, the timeline and the evidence....even without the eyewitness accounts.

With that said, yes! I am 100% positive he is the one who shot all three police officers.

Robert Kovacik ‏@RobertNBCLA
#Breaking: #LAPD to hold news conference on sighting of #Dorner in #Northridge...doesn't appear to be him.

There was no "high alert" in this area until AFTER these police officers were shot here. LAPD had no reason to believe other LE officers were at risk until AFTER these three officers were shot by CD.

There is a big difference between shooting at someone thinking they are someone else only to discover relatively quickly that you were wrong and an entire group of witnesses stating the exact same thing. I believe the Riverside PD (and all assisting LE) were correct in identifying the perp. There is no conspiracy here.

I completely disagree that CD shooting the two Riverside Police officers "does not fit with the rest of dorner's behavior." 15 minutes earlier he shot a cop he didn't know in the head less than 8 miles away....after he posted a rambling statement about his intent to kill police officers....after he ambushed two other people he didn't know as they sat in their car in Irvine. There were multiple eye witnesses. The area in which both of these shootings occurred aren't areas in which random crimes like this occur. It is statistically improbable that it was anyone OTHER than him given the crime, the timeline and the evidence....even without the eyewitness accounts.

With that said, yes! I am 100% positive he is the one who shot all three police officers.

I agree. Murderers are murderers. In most cases, if they are able to kill one innocent person, they have the propensity to kill others, regardless of initial motive. That's why we lock them up.

LAPD Chief Beck said he wants #Dorner alive in response to #deadoralive question - to face justice in #court”

I'm taking that one with a gigantic grain of salt, there is no way he will be kept alive.

I saw several men in Walmart this weekend who looked very much like him. I wonder how many men have been stopped and searched just because they resemble him? I hope not many,

Area is still locked down customers had to leave on foot and can get their cars later. It's all over the news now.but they haven't found anything.

Isn't there a reason why people drive their cars to places like Lowes in shopping centers? Like maybe they live too far away to walk? I think everyone is insane.

While I don't fall into the 100% sure category, I agree. He probably shot them. I simply think it is important to consider the doubting thomas angle.

Btw, wrt out of character bit? There is one reason that would fit. And that is, to ensure LE goes on high alert.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read, consider, and counter my points! :-)

I was thinking he could have rented a car? heck i don't know...But i don't think he is on the mountain...(just a feeling)
I don't recall ever seeing any car rental places in the Big Bear area. It's a tourist town. Doesn't mean they don't exist though...:waitasec:

This guy could take hostages or at least get into homes once he begins to get even more desperate and runs out of supplies or money.
Yup! I wouldn't believe the ski resorts and head up there just now, I think he's still hiding out in Big Bear...

Eric Rudolph also had a community of people the helped to hide him and provided him with supplies, and he also had a very dense forest that he was familiar with to hide in. I doubt Dorner has any of these things.
Oh there's tons of forest surrounding Big Bear. It's in the San Bernardino National Forest...

I saw several men in Walmart this weekend who looked very much like him. I wonder how many men have been stopped and searched just because they resemble him? I hope not many,

Oh you can bet there have been many. And I have no doubt there will possibly be an innocent man or more of his description killed. Probably by some "bounty hunter "type.

Quite frankly I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Lots of people are being terrorized by this Dorner piece of dog manure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member