CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE should show any videotapes with Dorner talking, so people can recognize his voice if it is distinguishable.

Or maybe someone will catch Dorner and get rich.

that is a big maybe -and a risk I wouldn't take. They are turning everyone in this country into bounty hunters. Might not be a good move. Just my opinion-I am sure you won't agree.:blushing:

that is a big maybe -and a risk I wouldn't take. They are turning everyone in this country into bounty hunters. Might not be a good move. Just my opinion-I am sure you won't agree.:blushing:

I am talking about people with experience. Ex-military, etc.
I am sure many of them could use a million $.
It's not like I am proposing any of us go look for him.

I suppose they can check his registration and see if he who he says he is. I don't blame him for not coming to pick his car (assuming of course he is who he says he is).

Yes, they already checked his car registration. He looks a lot like Dorner apparently. I think he should tell them where he is working and let a cop come clear him. JMO

just heard something interesting on local K-CAL news about the Lowes sighting. I will paraphrase what reporter said. Apparently a customer saw someone who looked like Dorner parking his vehicle --i think a white station wagon---and heading into Lowes. So they emptied the Lowes and that person never came out. So they searched the Lowes with
K-9's and they watched the surveillance videos--and still no Dorner. By then they had run the car registration and found a picture of the owner, who did resemble Dorner. So the look-alike CALLED LE and said that he works nearby the Lowes. BUT HE DOESN'T WANT TO COME OUT AND SPEAK TO THEM. He says he has had bad experiences with LE and does not want to come to pick up his car right now and meet with them. So now what do they do ? Also, he doesn't want to tell them where he works.
If true, and they can verify that he is a real person with his own identity who shares some similar features- they should let him be. Poor guy. I don't blame him for not wanting to cross paths with LE right now.

They should have the ability to confirm where he works within a few minutes. I had some job at some point where we had to run SS#'s and get current employment status and it's surprising easy to see who is (legally) handing someone a paycheck at any given moment.

If all that checks out, then he should be left alone.

I am talking about people with experience. Ex-military, etc.
I am sure many of them could use a million $.
It's not like I am proposing any of us go look for him.

I wouldn't discourage trained people search for him. Its the "civilian" body hunters that scare me. (I could surely use a million, finding dorner will not be the way i get it.)

That bein said-i have a very early class in the mornin, i need sleep. Night everyone-sweet dreams, and i am prayin for everyone in CA...

I am praying there isn't anyone else hurt, but I have a BAD BAD BAD feeling that there will be many hurt if not killed because of the reward money. Lets face it-how many of us could use a million dollars ...*sighs*

I agree, and I think we have all seen what people will do for money...

I can see why he wouldn't want to walk out into that prking lot with dozens of swat officers aiming at him for sure. But I think he should allow a couple officers to come to his job and clear him. It would only take a minute and his coworkers could easily say, YES, this man works here and has for months. The cops don't have any reason to harm him. They want to clear him ands move on. JMO

Presser notes:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mayor Villarigoso: "dedication remains steadfast, confidence is unshaken, this search is not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. I want CD to know that. To that end, we're all here for 1 purpose...to stand untied. Won't tolerate killer targeting families, LE, innocent people in this region."

Discussing pooling resources to discuss reward.

Announcing 1,000,000 for info leading to capture. Will not tolerate reign of terror that has robbed us of peace of mind that we deserve."

Speaking on how safe we are because of LAPD/LASO, and others in area make region safe. Working with Federal agents as well. Seamlessly working together.

(introducing all present)

Thanking all officers for ansewring call of duty. Marveling at how wonderful they are, and how the residents have been helping. Give out tips number. Continue to be alert. If see him or suspect it's him, do not engage him. Armed and extremely dangerous.

Charlie Beck: Search continues. Continue to focus on last known locations, BB area, but search continues in/around area with known targets. 50 families not only security but survellience. Targets are likely victims.

Reward is largest local reward ever offered in area. Why so large? Act of domestic terrorism. Targets those who we trust to protect our (...). We value our LE family. Taht is why reward so high.

This is not about captureing. This is about preventing a future crime. Every day likelihood increases. Why we're rushing to make offer.

Ask the public: please help us help you. Please help us find Dorner before he kills again.

(and now thanking all coordinating departments). We will capture DOrner. We will bring him to justice. Reward for capture and conviction. Amazingly easy to get $$ together. When we reached out to members of community, they gave immediately. PPL, Federal Credit union, employee unions of LE who gave willingly. Private donators gave privately and willingly; they called, asked to be included. This shows what LA and SO CA valleis are. This is just as important statement as capturing Dorner.

Irvine: While sabbath is day of rest, LE is not resting. Ask CD to surrender without further loss of life. Our prayers to those officers whose lives been affected. Thank you for supporting us. There will be a day of reckoning in this world or next. (Pleas for information.)

Steven Choi: Mayor of Irvine. Thank LAPD, Mayor Villarigosa, own chief of police [Irvine] and scores of law enforcement agencies working so hard to catch this criminal. Very strong good partners, including FBI, Riverside City, San Bernardino county. Reward is clear demonstration that we are collectively committed to solve this tragic case as quickly as possible. Thank you. Will never forget senseless tragedy started last Sunday. Lost a wonderful young couple preparing to be married soon - Lawrence and Quan. It is important to know that they had dreams and aspirations. Our Irvine PD is committed to helping find suspect every day and every night.

FBI SAC: FBI remains active in investigation. FBI and fugitive task forces throughout the US. Anyone anywhere in US call. We will follow up wherever they lead us.

Over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So. No mention of sightings, leads, new loci of searching. Scaling the BB search down. Yup, they don't know where he is. Sigh.

I typed this from the newscast, so I'm sure I misheard stuff, and didn't include all details. Still, for those that missed the presser, this is a good general overview of what was said.

Best-
Herding Cats
Thanks, HC... Great job! :thumb: !

Slain Riverside police officer identified as Marine veteran, father of 2

SAN DIEGO - Michael Crain, 34, was the Riverside police officer allegedly ambushed by Christopher Dorner while on routine patrol last week, Riverside's police chief revealed Sunday.

Crain was an Inland Empire native with "a big heart" and loved spending time with wife Regina and their children Ian, 10, and Kaitlyn, 4.

Crain left "an unforgettable impression" on everyone he met, according to Riverside police Lt. Guy Toussaint.

more at link ......... http://www.10news.com/news/slain-ri...tified-as-marine-veteran-father-of-2-02102013

just heard something interesting on local K-CAL news about the Lowes sighting. I will paraphrase what reporter said. Apparently a customer saw someone who looked like Dorner parking his vehicle --i think a white station wagon---and heading into Lowes. So they emptied the Lowes and that person never came out. So they searched the Lowes with
K-9's and they watched the surveillance videos--and still no Dorner. By then they had run the car registration and found a picture of the owner, who did resemble Dorner. So the look-alike CALLED LE and said that he works nearby the Lowes. BUT HE DOESN'T WANT TO COME OUT AND SPEAK TO THEM. He says he has had bad experiences with LE and does not want to come to pick up his car right now and meet with them. So now what do they do ? Also, he doesn't want to tell them where he works.

can you imagine looking like him and maybe having a warrant or thinking you had a warrant?

But that's bizarre...

Irvine neighbors on edge with police protection

IRVINE – Police blocked off a street and stood guard in front of a home here Sunday, protecting a man they believe has been targeted by a fugitive ex-police officer suspected of killing three people and setting the region on edge by eluding authorities in a sprawling manhunt that has lasted days.
Irvine residents, meanwhile, were left to adjust to life in the midst of a heavy police presence and wonder when things might return to normal

Authorities have been working to protect dozens of families considered targets based on Christopher Dorner's Facebook rant against those he held responsible for ending his career with the Los Angeles Police Department five years ago.

more at link ..................... http://www.ocregister.com/news/police-495396-dorner-irvine.html

Are they guarding schools where kids and grandkids of the listed people might attend ?

Search for fugitive ex-cop sets region on edge ( link )
February 11, 2013

IRVINE, Calif. (AP) — Police blocked off a street and stood guard in front of a home in a typically quiet Southern California suburb Sunday, protecting a man they believe has been targeted by a fugitive ex-police officer suspected of killing three people and setting the region on edge by eluding authorities in a sprawling manhunt that has lasted days.

Irvine residents, meanwhile, were left to adjust to life in the midst of a heavy police presence and wonder when things might return to normal.

[...]

As tense Irvine residents went on with their lives, police looked into a taunting phone call to the father of the woman they believe Dorner killed last week.

Two law enforcement officers who requested anonymity because of the ongoing investigation told The Associated Press they are trying to determine whether Dorner made the call telling retired police Capt. Randal Quan that he should have done a better job protecting his daughter.

[...]

With little apparent evidence pointing to Dorner's whereabouts, worrisome questions emerged: How long could the intense search be sustained? And, if Dorner continues to evade capture, how do authorities protect dozens of former police colleagues whom he has publicly targeted?

[...]

The department, however, is looking for alternatives if the search for Dorner stretches on, whether it's reducing the numbers of officers or something else, he said.

Anonymous Targets LAPD For Cyberattack ( link )

The hacker group Anonymous claims to have taken down the LAPD's website, apparently in retaliation for its treatment of alleged cop killer Christopher Dorner and for its subsequent shootings of two innocents in the hunt for the former L.A. policeman.

The group has been particularly unhappy with the department's shootings early Thursday of two people in a truck somewhat like Dorner's (but which was a different make and color). A separate shooting involved Torrance police and another pickup. And now the group indicates ...

... that Dorner should reach out to the group so it can leak any documents that support his case

Eta ~ was wondering how long it would take these guys to show up on the scene...

I may get flamed for this, but.....

First and foremost my heart aches the most for the victims and their families. This is an awful and scary thing that is happening to them.

But as for Dorner and his family, I feel awful for them too. Dorner is obviously a tortured soul, no matter what did or did not happen to him. He is going to be in agony forever whether he lives or dies and for that reason, I pity him. Does that make sense? I see his pictures and his smile that lit up his face and I can't help but feel very sad for him for the obvious illness and anger that has consumed him. His family must be shattered, I know I would be if he were someone I cared for.

I pray that no more innocents are harmed and that Dorner is found and gets the care he desperately needs while the rest of the world is safe from his harm.

I think chances of him being captured alive to "get care he needs" are slim to none.
Frankly he made it clear that whoever tries to stop him will not survive.
So if police ever find him I really doubt very much they will try to capture him alive.

I may get flamed for this, but.....

First and foremost my heart aches the most for the victims and their families. This is an awful and scary thing that is happening to them.

But as for Dorner and his family, I feel awful for them too. Dorner is obviously a tortured soul, no matter what did or did not happen to him. He is going to be in agony forever whether he lives or dies and for that reason, I pity him. Does that make sense? I see his pictures and his smile that lit up his face and I can't help but feel very sad for him for the obvious illness and anger that has consumed him. His family must be shattered, I know I would be if he were someone I cared for.

I pray that no more innocents are harmed and that Dorner is found and gets the care he desperately needs while the rest of the world is safe from his harm.
I'll bet Dorner was estranged from most of his family for quiet some time. He is consumed with himself (delusions of grandeur) and would only have conversations regarding the alleged injustice he experienced. Hearing his delusions over and over would be very annoying. He is a large man with a gun collection. It would be scary to tell him to "shut up about it" therefore, people (including his family) likely avoided him.

I read that he mowed his sister's lawn every week for money (donchano that was quite humiliating to a man with delusions that Mia Farrow should be complemented by his statements.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3