CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which exactly describes Daniel M'Naughten, whose precedent setting case resulted in what we now call NGRI (not guilty by reason of insanity), wherein Tindal instructed the jury:

"If upon balancing the evidence in your minds you should think the prisoner a person capable of distinguishing right from wrong with respect to the act of which he stands charged, he is then a responsibl agent."

McNaghten, acquitted on the grounds of insanity, was on trial for the attempted murder of then Prime Minister, Sir Robert Peel. He mistakenly shot and killed Drummond, Peel's secretary, instead. ( link )

At the time of his arrest, he told police that he came to London to murder the Prime Minister because “the tories in my city follow and persecute me wherever I go, and have destroyed my peace of mind. They do everything in their power to harass and persecute me; in fact they wish to murder me.”

Imo, Dorner knew exactly what he was doing. He was/is on a revenge trip and *chose* to murder innocent people to exact his revenge. To me, that is a far cry from feeling/perceiving one has no other options.

Exclusive of NGRI, there are, of course situations where an individual may truly have no choice to do something that may go against their moral fibre. For example, the plane crash victims who were starving, and "resorted to" eat the flesh of passengers who were killed in the crash. ( link ) That proposition would be abhorrent to most. And yet, that sort of thing has certainly occurred and importantly, been forgiven by society at large. Bc we understand that they truly had no choice.

Dorner's situation, imnsho, is not one of those situations.

You and I BOTH know he had other options. But I think he was so insanely angry that he literally saw no other options. But I don't know because I can't follow his logic. I just know that my crazy delusional brother gets very stubborn and shortsighted and nobody can talk any sense into him either.

And the main thing is ----IT DOESNT MATTER if he was unfairly fired or not. Because he has resorted to killing INNOCENT PEOPLE. So I don't care if his training officer lied or not. Because she was right---Dorner did not have the character required to remain in the police force.

Well, I think it matters very much because this incident was a catalyst to Dorner's subsequent actions - cause and effect.

In my opinion.

Well, I think it matters very much because this incident was a catalyst to Dorner's subsequent actions - cause and effect.

In my opinion.

A sane person doesn't kill a beautiful young woman and her fiancé, just because he is angry at her father, from an incident years earlier.

I don't believe that LAPD firing was the true catalyst. His manifesto had incidents beginning in Kindergarten. So if it wasn't this it would have been another thing. If he hadn't been fired in that incident, it would have been something else that triggered him, imo.

I saw several men in Walmart this weekend who looked very much like him. I wonder how many men have been stopped and searched just because they resemble him? I hope not many,

That is what is so scary about the reward money, imo. I watched the press conference yesterday and told my friend the same thing. Dressed as an ordinary guy, he resembles hundreds, if not thousands of black American men.

Does he have any distinguisable features that LE has asked people to look for? I may have missed it. Example: Unique tattoos, scars on face or other body parts, etc.

The cops who just started shooting could be in as bad a mental illness as Dorner. How can they be allowed to go back to their jobs after attacking and shooting citizens.

When I first heard about the truck shooting, I figured the truck was the correct make , color and model.
I never dreamed the truck was the wrong make, model and year... WITH a 70 something year old paper delivery woman and her daughter the driver and passenger. :what:
I was shocked to learn the 70 yr old woman was shot...not once but twice. :banghead:

WHAT were the officers thinking? Did they maybe panic ......then jump to conclusions?
I also wonder if the cops will ever be street cops again? Can they be? :moo:

That is what is so scary about the reward money, imo. I watched the press conference yesterday and told my friend the same thing. Dressed as an ordinary guy, he resembles hundreds, if not thousands of black American men.

Does he have any distinguisable features that LE has asked people to look for? I may have missed it. Example: Unique tattoos, scars on face or other body parts, etc.

What MAY set him apart from other men is his size and build. 6 ' tall and 270 lbs with huge well developed arms....this guy is big. He also in all seriousness look like LL cool j. I thought he had tattoos but I'm not sure.
:moo:

What MAY set him apart from other men is his size and build. 6 ' tall and 270 lbs with huge well developed arms....this guy is big. He also in all seriousness look like LL cool j. I thought he had tattoos but I'm not sure.

Except, LLCoolJ is WAAAAY hotter. :angel: JMO

We can see a tattoo on his right arm in this picture. Wonder what it is.

74373363.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lapd-dorner-20130211,0,2498334.story

I do find it unusual that a detailed description has not been given out that would include the tattoo and other things like any scars.

Oh good! Glad to know I'm not the only one who sees a resemblance. I think it's the smile...it's disconcerting to see such a great smile on a lunatic murderer.

I do find it unusual that a detailed description has not been given out that would include the tattoo and other things like any scars.

I agree, and I am assuming that LE has unearthed every possible detail of this guys life by now, so they should know what tattoos he has. The interviews with the guys he served with in the military would give them that info. Wonder why they haven't told us?

No way. He looks nothing like LL Cool J. LLCJ is physically fit with all the muscles in the right places, ripped at the abs with 6-pack abs, and has a chiseled face. This perp is chunky and burly and has a fat babyface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela