Found Deceased CA - Christopher Liang, USF student, rented a car to go from San Francisco to Irvine, 28 Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The car has been found. From the official site:

The car was found on panoche road 6 miles west of i-5 at 3/5 6 PM, was towed to Eppler Towing on 3/6 1:38 AM! Car in possession of Eppler Towing. Driver status unknown. We will be searching on Panoche Rd near site of where the car was discovered. See map below for where car was found​

#FindChrisLiang $25000 REWARD

The car has been found. From the official site:

The car was found on panoche road 6 miles west of i-5 at 3/5 6 PM, was towed to Eppler Towing on 3/6 1:38 AM! Car in possession of Eppler Towing. Driver status unknown. We will be searching on Panoche Rd near site of where the car was discovered. See map below for where car was found​

Is that a dirt road? Per the map, this is the Tumey Hills Recreation Area and BLM land.

Tumey Hills | Bureau of Land Management

"..From Interstate-5, take the Panoche Road exit. The first Tumey Hills access point is located roughly 3 miles from the Interstate. Be aware that Panoche Road is not paved after the first mile. ..."

What does this mean??? I hope he is okay?

From the website....

"The matter has been resolved. Additional resources are not needed at this time.

We greatly appreciate everyone’s help and prayers. We will provide additional information later. DO NOT DRIVE DOWN PANOCHE RD. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF AT RISK"

What does this mean??? I hope he is okay?

From the website....

"The matter has been resolved. Additional resources are not needed at this time.

We greatly appreciate everyone’s help and prayers. We will provide additional information later. DO NOT DRIVE DOWN PANOCHE RD. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF AT RISK"
Which website @AnyNameIWish ?

Findchrisliang website... the brother changed his own instagram to private just today (?), he set up this website yesterday or Friday.

Chris is 21 & I have to say that renting a car for anyone under 26 in CA is incredibly difficult if not cost prohibitive.... not understanding what happened here. Not to mention renting a Tesla. His photos posted of the car were taken off of Bayshore Blvd near the McDonald's and also near Fox Plaza apartments in SF (the selfie, taken at 95 Hayes Street)

Dion Lim (local SF reporter), just posted this. The car was found with a body, deceased. Sad for the family.
"Many have you been asking about Chris Liang. The young SF college student who went missing driving to SoCal. Irvine Police got back to us today & said a matching Tesla was found yesterday, overturned off a cliff on Panoche Rd. west of I-5. A deceased person was inside."

https://twitter.com/DionLimTV/status/1500628021455118336?s=20&t=7W3thV1LKCTDPj9yZGoooQ

Dion Lim (local sf reporter), just posted this. The car was found with a body, deceased. Sad for the family.

"Many have you been asking about Chris Liang. The young SF college student who went missing driving to SoCal. Irvine Police got back to us today & said a matching Tesla was found yesterday, overturned off a cliff on Panoche Rd. west of I-5. A deceased person was inside."

https://twitter.com/DionLimTV/status/1500628021455118336?s=20&t=7W3thV1LKCTDPj9yZGoooQ
This is sad.

This really makes me wonder though. He lived in SF as a student. Rented a car to head to Irvine.

Firebaugh exit is 3 hours away from sf... 4 or 5 hours from Irvine.

Irvine PD went to Firebaugh? I'm pretty sure SFPD did nothing. At the same time, I'm not sure what we could expect SFPD to do.
Sad for his family and friends... hug your friends this week and be good to each other, yall ♡

Dion Lim (local SF reporter), just posted this. The car was found with a body, deceased. Sad for the family.

7:27 PM · Mar 6, 2022
https://twitter.com/DionLimTV/status/1500644225901219843
UPDATE: The Fresno County Sheriff's Office confirms to us the deceased victim is positively ID'd as 21-year old Chris Liang of San Francisco.
#

Rest in peace, Chris. :(

Oh no. I just got back online and saw this! May he Rest In Peace and prayers for his loved ones.

Been that way on panoche rd a few times and don't remember any cliffs. Not sure why he would head in that direction from I5. People go out there (including myself) to access BLM land for target shooting. This is so odd and very sad.

I noticed Google Street view doesn't go past a few miles from the rest stop... what is the road like? It's not paved, do you think a car like a Tesla would just bottom out or lose control?

I hope the investigation will shed some light for the family. So sad to lose such a young person....

I noticed Google Street view doesn't go past a few miles from the rest stop... what is the road like? It's not paved, do you think a car like a Tesla would just bottom out or lose control?

I hope the investigation will shed some light for the family. So sad to lose such a young person....

IMO it's not a rough road at all. I've driven a 20 yr old Toyota Corolla on Panoche Rd and further all over the BLM roads out there. I haven't seen any stretch of road in that direction where you'd even need a high clearance vehicle. Have seen trailers and plenty of full size RVs out there camping at Panoche and Tumey Hills. As of last year I can confirm that BLM was maintaining those roads very well and frequently grading them

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back