Still Missing CA - Classic (Orson West, 3) & Cincere (Orrin West, 4) Calif. City, *parents charged* 21 Dec 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DEC 21, 2022
Wednesday, December 21, 2022, marks two years since four-year-old Orrin and three-year-old Orson West were reported missing from their adoptive parents’ home in California City.

[...]

Trezell and Jacqueline West pre-trial readiness date is set for January 20, 2023 and a jury trial date on January 30, 2023.

A toy drive was being held Wednesday morning at the Big Shotz Bar and Grill in Lancaster for the missing brothers with dozens lined up the street.

A candlelight prayer was planned for Wednesday evening, December 21, 2022 at 5 p.m. in front of the Kern County Superior Court, located at 1415 Truxtun Avenue.

Also see:

Last edited:
DEC 21, 2022
[...]

A toy drive in honor of the boys was held Wednesday at Big Shotz Bar & Grill in Lancaster, and a group gathered for a candlelight vigil outside Kern County Superior Court on Truxtun Avenue in the evening.

West-boys-2022-vigil.jpg

Members of Orrin and Orson’s biological family attended the event in Lancaster. They said they were extremely thankful that so many people are keeping the boy’s names alive.

“It’s been two years since today that they were reported missing. They were reported deceased by the DA three months before they were reported missing. It’s frustrating,” Rosanna Wills, an extended family member of Orrin and Orson, said.

[...]

A gag order remains in effect and limited details have been released regarding the evidence that led to the Wests being indicted.

Multiple lawsuits are pending, with the boys’ biological parents suing the county and arguing negligence by the Department of Human Services contributed to the deaths. Human Services ignored reports of suspected abuse by the Wests, according to a suit filed by the boys’ mother.

Nineteen days until the pre-trial readiness hearing. Really hoping the trial goes forward as scheduled with no further delays!
KGET televised the Sabrina Limon trial, hoping this trial will be televised as well? Who can we contact to ask?

Yes, I wonder if it will be televised. I am thinking probably NOT because of all the minors and the adoption/foster care connection on top of it. I hope it is but I think we will be lucky if they at least allow live tweeting from court.

I hope it will be televised. I followed this story from the beginning and immediately believed the foster parents had done something, although I wasn't sure if they had just failed to watch the boys or had done something nefarious.

I still hope they plead, so that the older 4 rambunctious boys are saved from testifying.

Can minors in Cali testify via video? Asking @gitana1

In this state -- the defendant has the right to face their accuser so no video testimony.

(Even if the victim is 4. This victim had 2 older brothers, also victims, so the perp is in prison for life, but the littlest guy collapsed in the courtroom sobbing. IMHO unfair to the already traumatized child.)

I still hope they plead, so that the older 4 rambunctious boys are saved from testifying.

In this state -- the defendant has the right to face their accuser so no video testimony.

(Even if the victim is 4. This victim had 2 older brothers, also victims, so the perp is in prison for life, but the littlest guy collapsed in the courtroom sobbing. IMHO unfair to the already traumatized child.)

Oh, good point. I would not want to see the other children harmed further by having to testify.

Wonderful! Thanks so much! From @gitana1 's link:

the court in a criminal proceeding, upon written notice by the prosecutor made at least three days prior to the date of the preliminary hearing or trial date on which the testimony of the minor is scheduled, or during the course of the proceeding on the court's own motion, may order that the testimony of a minor 13 years of age or younger at the time of the motion be taken by contemporaneous examination and cross-examination in another place and out of the presence of the judge, jury, defendant or defendants, and attorneys, and communicated to the courtroom by means of closed-circuit television

bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member