CA - Court upholds Menendez brothers' convictions

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They didn't know about the $5M life insurance policy on their father, and thought they were disinherited? Did they learn about the insurance policy from someone the day of the murders? They were "thinking they had even more coming to them."

Why is there a spending spree days after the murders if, according to their beliefs, there was no insurance policy and no inheritance? How is money not the motive?

"Lyle, who was 21 at the time of the murders, purchased a Rolex, a Porsche, lots of clothing, and a restaurant back in Princeton, where he had been living before the murders. Erik was more practical, opting for a Jeep Wrangler, a $50,000 personal tennis coach, and a $40,000 investment in a rock concert that never happened. They took exotic vacations, too, thinking they had even more money coming to them. There was also a $5 million life insurance policy on their father, though technicalities stopped them from collecting."

Same! I couldn’t stand listening to it… got disgusted and didn’t even make it to the end of the first episode the night I tried. Watched more over the next few nights, even though so much about it is just awful. I wish I’d watched none of it. Everything involving the therapist’s mistress seemed over the top and ridiculous, imo, and really awkward juxtaposing the horrific abuse details. I don’t foresee getting past episode 7, which I got halfway through a few hours ago. Throwing in the towel, 6 1/2 episodes after that first extra-loud one.
I watched it. The first half seems to be in defence of sexual abuse victims. The second half, second trial, seems to be an offence to expose Lyle and Eric as manipulative liars. They were convicted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back