Found Deceased CA - Courtney Bryan, 32, & dog, Booch, Hunt Hot Springs, Shasta-Trinity National Forest, 23 Sep 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she went off the road in a heavily wooded area off a cliff or steep drop. There is a good chance that she won't be found for quite some time if ever. Drones wouldn't be able to see through the tree canopy

I agree. It’s just this case is driving me a bit nuts. She just disappears off the face of the earth and the dog and the car?

I guess it does sound like a car incident rather than foul play…

Her car is 18 years old. I did note that.

I agree. It’s just this case is driving me a bit nuts. She just disappears off the face of the earth and the dog and the car?

Could still be foul play. If someone killed her and her dog then pushed car off a cliff in the woods. Still would take long time to be found if it's ever found.
MOO

Her sister posted a new TikTok video today. I can’t post that link because there is a toddler in the video.

You can follow her original TikTok link above and see it.

Basically she says no new updates or she is still missing /car/dog and the vigil is on. She is worn out / has covid :( and l feel for the young lady.

I wish for the case to get some National coverage - it’s almost a month now.

I just heard about it today on Twitter. Maybe her family can contact the national media?

What if she went into a body of water … would explain why the car disappeared too

What if she went into a body of water … would explain why the car disappeared too
What body of water could her car have went into though?

There are rivers, but with the current drought none of them are running strong enough to sweep away much of anything, yet alone a car or a person

There are reservoirs nearby, but you'd really have to mess up big time to sink a car into a reservoir that's nearly empty

California water levels are historically low right now due to extreme drought...

Just my opinions

Last edited:
I just heard about it today on Twitter. Maybe her family can contact the national media?

They got a snip on Dateline - that’s all l saw. Patagonia released her photo on their webpage and asked for help - Frankly that has more appeal and traction - that’s her outdoor community and she worked for them they have a lot of influence -

I do agree she needs a nightly news to pick up the story nationwide…

l wish the police would release any new info.

The cell phone reception is close to zero in the Shasta Forest area - l did see that from the many people who frequent the area…and are writing on other crime forums.

Her dog is a Border Collie mix - if any dog could survive and find its way to people it’s a Border Collie.

Last edited:
Hey everybody! New here (first post), but I've been pretty active on Twitter w/ SeditionHunters since Jan6.

Assuming her car was captured on CCTV crossing the Market St bridge in Redding, and given the route that would have most likely been taken to get there, the car should have been picked up passing by at least one more Caltrans CCTV on CA-299.

Last night I mapped out a few of the cameras in the area. There's one ~1.5mi from the turnoff from CA-299 to Big Bend Rd (towards the Hunt / Kosk Hot Springs). It would have been along the shortest route from the Hot Springs to Redding.

Here's a link to that cam, to give you an idea of what it covers. https://cwwp2.dot.ca.gov/vm/loc/d2/montgomerycreek.htm
Also attaching a screenshot showing the distance from the turnoff to the camera, which is located ~ [40.85073, -121.90457]

EDIT: I missed that Caltrans doesn't keep recordings of those CCTV cameras. Back to the drawing board.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-27 132946.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-27 132946.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
RIP Courtney.

this is quite a distance from her last known location isn't it?

Yes about 4 hours North and West of Redding. I looked up highway 101 - it’s very steep. Identification is pending.

“ Vehicle registered to Courtney Bryan was located by a hiker off of a steep embankment in Del Norte County, CA where accidents are common at that particular location of highway 101.”

CHP Find Crashed Car And Body Believed To Be Courtney Bryan

Due to the round of wildfires in Shasta, Trinity and Humboldt county this past year, as well as active mountain slides highway 299 has frequent closures for road and utility line repairs and closures due to active fire fighting. The alternate routes to the coast and highway one are extremely limited and perhaps she took the alternate route of Highway 5 (Redding) north to Grants Pass Oregon then east on 199 to the coast. May she Rest In Peace.

If her last text was from Shasta Trinity Forest at 9:03 pm, it would seem the sighting of her car, in Redding, at 6:30 something pm, was on her way to Shasta from Reno, not AFTER she left Shasta Trinity Forest? Could I be right? Many are saying the sighting was after she left the Hot Springs, but it could have been on the way??

Photo from the Hot Springs on the 23rd was afternoon sun … imo l think she left the Hot Springs late afternoon and heading to Redding (spotted on camera) 6:02pm and ultimately to her next destination highway 101 in Del Norte County. At least that’s how l interpret this quote from MSM:

“ Vehicle registered to Courtney Bryan was located by a hiker off of a steep embankment in Del Norte County, CA where accidents are common at that particular location of highway 101.”

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back