Identified! CA - Dana Point, WhtFem 23UFCA, 18-23, cliff jump, Sep'87 - Holly Glynn

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know of any gangs that were into forced prostitution at that time?

Do you think she could have killed herself to escape being forced into prostitution?

Do you think she could have killed herself to escape being forced into prostitution?

No, I am thinking that she was forced into it and she wanted out. Probably had nowhere to go. Most likely a runaway that was tricked into becoming a prostitute.

No, I am thinking that she was forced into it and she wanted out. Probably had nowhere to go. Most likely a runaway that was tricked into becoming a prostitute.

That's what I meant to say. I hadn't thought about it, but I guess it's possible that she was somehow she got tricked or coerced into a life of prostitution and saw committing suicide as a means to an end.

If she was a prostitute (albeit an unwilling one), it would certainly explain why there appears, as far as we know now at least, to be no record of a person matching this woman's description being reported missing anywhere since prostitutes and those who run prostitution rings tend to live under the radar, so to speak.

I noticed a new interesting detail today, when viewing this doe's webpage.

The profile mentions that she went into the Hampton Inn to ask if "there were any high end hotels in area" NOT to ask if there were "any tall buildings in the area", as previous newspapers had mentioned.

This makes much more sense to me, as her destination, the Ritz Carlton hotel is most certainly not a high-rise but a high-end hotel!

I wonder where they found this information, as I had not come across this tidbit before.

If it is true that she asked about a high-end hotel rather than a high-rise, it makes me wonder if this case was truly a suicide or if someone pushed her, as the Unsolved Mysteries segment seemed to suggest may have been the case.

Recently, I noticed Ellen Akers who went missing from Florida at 15 on April 19, 1981. Her eye color is listed as green, but her other details are consistent with the UID. Her eyes look dark on the photo on NamUs. I really think she looks a lot like the sketch.

8704457fxe9.gif

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5783/1

Concerning Ellen Akers, there is a possible problem which would pretty much eliminate her as a possibility.

Doe Network says that Akers teeth had a crown. Jane Doe lacks a crown. If the Doe Network is correct — they aren't always — Akers and our Jane Doe couldn't be the same person unless we assumed that Akers had the crown removed while missing. The idea of such seems rather improbable.

In addition, the quality is still very low, but here's an improved version of the Akers photo:

akers.jpg

I think Ellen Akers looks a lot like the Dana Point Doe. I think on the OC sheriff's website there is something about a crown written in her dental chart.

That's interesting. The chart at NamUs says there was a root canal at tooth 30, and the chart seen on the Orange County Sheriff's page says that there's a carious crown at that tooth. I'm not exactly certain as to what a carious crown is, so I'm going to need help on this one. We must have dental professionals using this site. Anyone?

Carious means it contains cavities.

A carious crown is a crown with cavities around the margins.

I went ahead and e-mailed the Orange County Coroner and the Ormond Beach Police to ask if they could be the same person. In the improved photo, Ellen Akers looks like she has freckles like the UID.

Ambercat you mailed them the information so long ago...wonder when we'll hear if its a match or not...I hope it is. I first saw this case on Unsolved Mysteries and its always stuck with me.

Ambercat you mailed them the information so long ago...wonder when we'll hear if its a match or not...I hope it is. I first saw this case on Unsolved Mysteries and its always stuck with me.

I haven't heard back about her, yet. I e-mailed both Orange and LA Counties about an unrelated case recently and heard back right away. I should probably follow up about this one.

I asked about Ellen Linda Akers and it is my understanding that they (NamUs/OC Coroner) are comparing dentals (they have been very busy recently).

The photo is not of m sister, she had blue eyes.

Every time I look for a match and the only thing different is the eye color... I wonder. What effects do death have on eye color? If a person has been dead and in the elements a long time... would you even be able to tell what the original eye color was?

I tried to find some info on this... no luck.

I don't think the article itself was posted here, but it was one of the Los Angeles Times articles I used as a source and quoted from in my 2010 summary of the media coverage the case had received over the years. At the time that was composed, the actual articles were behind a paywall. Let's see if I can find them for free now.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-09-21/local/me-5908_1_dana-point - September 21, 1987

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-08-17/news/li-996_1_deputy-coroner - August 17, 1989

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-04-26/news/mn-50674_1_orange-county - April 26, 1994

There was also a very brief mention in an article from 2000, but I cannot seem to locate it at the moment.

Not sure if this theory has been suggested but could she have had traveled here for a man or a job that didn't pan out? As far as not finding an abandoned car, could her car have been stolen after leaving it? No one would report it stolen. Maybe that's where all of her belongings were. I even wonder if she came alone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic
Back