Identified! CA - Dana Point, WhtFem 23UFCA, 18-23, cliff jump, Sep'87 - Holly Glynn

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ada, I am sorry for this ordeal you had to go through with the Doe Network. I am really suprised the way Mr. Wells handled the possible match, he seemed to give you very little regard. I assumed that the bag was second-hand, as the clothing was described as second-hand...I wonder why they believed the purse was stolen by the JD. I think Mims seemed to fit as a good possibility for this Doe, both in statistics, and in appearance. I am dissapointed that the Doe Network did not give high regard to this possible match. I don't blame you for wanting to take a break from this case, it seemed like it was a stressful/frustrating situation. I hope one of the other members will submit this directly to LE, or at a later time you will be able to submit to LE. I still think Mims is a great possible match for the Dana Point Jane Doe.

Ada - what Rocky Wells is saying is possibly the dumbest thing I've heard today - and while I won't link, it's beaten some very strong competition to get that accolade.

The position is basically this. Jane was 18-23 years old biologically. Their argument is that it is more likely that, in San Diego in 1977, an 8-13 year old girl (who apparently never went on to get a criminal record with fingerprints, or we'd have IDed her) stole a purse (and not just any purse, but one with someone else's name on), kept it for 10 years, and then had it with her on the day she killed herself.

Alternatively the stolen purse could have been found and donated to Goodwill, or donated by the thief who'd gotten tired of it, or kept by the thief lying around, and given to Jane (who could have been a sibling, hooker, friend, lover or acquaintance of that person), or just passed around a bunch of homeless people, none of whom would care that someone else's name was on it.

Instead Doe Network is arguing that the first option is not just the most likely, but overwhelmingly more likely than all others put together. Not only that, the reasons they give for excluding Mims would apply to almost anyone who matches Jane's known biological descriptors (not many preteen purse thieves from San Diego)...

I am completely in agreement with you on this point Ada. Most bodies found are identifiable - because they are "normal" in their location, behavior vs. disappearance. The ones that are unidentified are unidentified because either they or their killers behave in ways that are unexpected. Even then there are probably more rational than irrational impulses involved of course. For instance, a couple of days' hitchhiking is not hard to imagine... cross country is. That said, this is a case that started out looking easy and could yet get more difficult.

I got to looking into Dana Doe again, and thinking Vicki might be a good candidate: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/307dfla.html

Same build, hair and pregnancy. No note on Dana whether she had a tattoo or issue with finger, but something about the clothes being missing in Vicki's case seems off.

What do y'all think?

And yes, I know the eyes don't match but as mentioned above that shouldn't necessarily equal a rule out. I have seen missing persons profiles vary so wildly, that it seems like they almost should make a range (like height and weight).

I am new to reading these cases, but was wondering if anyone submitted Alexis Owens. I saw where someone said her name through craigslist and was wondering if it should be submitted just to rule it out. You all do amazing work here and I mostly lurk ...came when the Caylee case started.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/owens_alexis.html

I have always been interested in this case, and I am frustrated by the lack of information available about this woman. Her profile says that they can tell she's had a child

I don't think we should look for only women with children-they said she had a prior pregnancy, not child. She could have had an abortion.

I am new to reading these cases, but was wondering if anyone submitted Alexis Owens. I saw where someone said her name through craigslist and was wondering if it should be submitted just to rule it out. You all do amazing work here and I mostly lurk ...came when the Caylee case started.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/owens_alexis.html

I think they would have listed a mole on the UID which Alexis had.

Hope I don't sound rude everybody, I am just a blunt to the point typer-sorry if I seem harsh :)

I got to looking into Dana Doe again, and thinking Vicki might be a good candidate: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/307dfla.html

Same build, hair and pregnancy. No note on Dana whether she had a tattoo or issue with finger, but something about the clothes being missing in Vicki's case seems off.

What do y'all think?

And yes, I know the eyes don't match but as mentioned above that shouldn't necessarily equal a rule out. I have seen missing persons profiles vary so wildly, that it seems like they almost should make a range (like height and weight).

I think they would have definately listed tattoos if UID had any. I don't think that missing women killed herself.

The thing that I do not get about Rocky's response is, if this Jane Doe had stolen the purse some 10 years ago in San Diego, why do the police believe she was a hitchhiker/new to the area in Southern California. That doesn't make sense to me.

THis is the first time i've came across this post on WS but this is a pet case of mine :( how sad must you be to call a cab at 4 am and jump from a cliff?

I was checking Charley Project's resolved page and saw this :

Mims, 19, disappeared from Phoenix, Arizona on December 23, 1980. Her partial remains were located in 1987, but they were not identified until February 2010. Further details are unavailable.

Strange that the remains were also located in 1987, like our Dana Point Jane Doe....

I was checking Charley Project's resolved page and saw this :

Mims, 19, disappeared from Phoenix, Arizona on December 23, 1980. Her partial remains were located in 1987, but they were not identified until February 2010. Further details are unavailable.

Strange that the remains were also located in 1987, like our Dana Point Jane Doe....

It said "partial remains", Dana Doe's remains were not partial. She was found at the bottom of a cliff shortly after jumping.

Here are a few partial remains cases from 1987. Maybe she is one of these:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/12uffl.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1325.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/22ufca.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/452ufca.html

Hotcase1325 looks like the most likely of these four (if the remains are even listed in DoeNet at all).

It's amazing that Alison Mims has finally been found. I must have looked at her profile dozens of times. You almost start thinking of these people as forever lost.

It's amazing that Alison Mims has finally been found. I must have looked at her profile dozens of times. You almost start thinking of these people as forever lost.

I feel the same way, I looked at her profile many times, thinking that she would be "forever lost". I am glad there is some closure for her loved ones.

Could someone please post the link showing Allison's case was resolved?

Also, I think Alexis Owens is a GREAT match. Has anyone submitted this? Is there any harm in submitting it? What would someone have to gain from answering a Craigslist post with a random name? How long after the Craigslist post was posted did the poster get a response with Alexis Owens? My point is that it would be highly unlikely for someone to research possible matches just to play with someone else's emotions.

Wow. I'm sorry I've been gone so long. It's largely because I've been going through some particularly bad personal health issues. I'm deeply sorry to anyone who I've disappointed by not following up on this case in the last few months.

Nonetheless, I'm amazed that Mims was positively identified, even if it (most likely) wasn't as the Dana Point Jane Doe. I do find it weird that there's been no information on where Mims was found, and the California Department of Justice still lists her as missing at the time of this post: http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1860405000125

Government efficiency in action, huh?

Also, jumpingbean79, if you want to submit Owens, feel free to go ahead with that if you already haven't. I'd still love to see this case get solved even if I'm a bit sidelined for the time being.

Ada, it is nice to see you back on the forum. I am sorry to hear about your health problems, I hope you are doing better now. I was able to uncover more information regarding the circumstances of Mims identification.

On the Doe Network's located page it gives this information about Mims:

"Alison Marie Mims
Alison Mims was last seen in Phoenix, Arizona on December 23, 1980. Her remains were located on May 28, 1987 in Maricopa County, but were not identified until 2010. "

Since I'm out for a while, it seems sensible to post these lists. They should be fairly up to date:

The following women have been 100% ruled out as being the Dana Point Jane Doe:

Tammy Fields - Tattoo
Erica Franolich - Dentals
Donna O'Banion - Tattoo
Shree Warren - Dentals
Patricia Schmidt - Dentals
Deborah Dean - Piercings/Dentals
Clara Grunst - Scoliosis
Debra Oberg - Birthmark
Debra Frost - Dentals
Linda Rose Grimm - Dentals
Elizabeth Maggard - Dentals
Babette Phillips - Tattoo
Kathleen Randall - Dentals
Aida Calfee - Pin in elbow
Peggy Houser - Tattoo
Gina Hall - Bloodtype
Virginia Alice Welch - Tattoo
Alison Marie Mims - Identified in March 2010
Mary Lynn Andersen - DNA

The following woman is probably ruled out:​

Sandy Pathresa Rea - Was submitted by a websleuths.com member in 2008, but no update was posted as to her status

The following women have been listed as possibilities, and ARE NOT RULED OUT:

Hazel Alice Klug - Unlikely, probably murdered
Darla Melissa Harper - Unlikely, probably murdered
Helen Ann Morgan - Not much information
Theresa Graves - Almost no information
Debra Murr - Almost no information
Carol Lubahn - Very little information, lived in California at time of disappearance
Jennifer Wyant - Almost no information
Alexis Christina Owens - Runaway to California - She was arrested numerous times while there, but it's unknown if any of these were after September 20, 1987.
Donna Bester - Well out of age range, but she has some similar features and was suffering from depression.

Still not around much, but I felt compelled to get this posted. I was flipping through stations last night, and I saw the TV show Missing. One of the cases they profiled was that of Rachel Hanna Ziselman. My mind was blown, I mean... look at her:

ncmc601948c1.jpg

If someone told me this was a childhood photo of Jane Doe, particularly the colorized version of the sketch, I don't think I'd flinch. She has the same high cheek bones, the jaw shape is virtually identical, the hair color is extremely close, and even things like the shape of her nose and eyebrows are so close it's spooky. She's even from California.

The obvious problem is that Rachel was eleven years old when she disappeared, and that was ten years and fifteen days before the suicide in Dana Point. She is also described as having blue eyes, but her eyes do look very dark, and may have actually been hazel and capable of appearing to be a number of colors.

This is obviously a long shot, but there was no way I could ignore a resemblance that was that uncanny. If anyone could assist in finding out if Rachel Ziselman is even conceivably a match, that would be absolutely wonderful.

Her file is available at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children here: http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

And it appears her brother is/was still searching for her, as he posted her story here: http://www.nowpublic.com/rachel_ziselman_missing_person.

Hello....this is my first time posting. I saw the list of Dana Point Jane Doe possible matches. My sister, Carol Lubahn is listed as a possible match, however I think she can be ruled out. My sister, Carol had blue eyes and blonde hair. She disappeared March 30, 1981.
In looking at the Dana Point Jane Doe profile, it says brown eyes and light brown hair.
I really appreciate this website. If anyone would like more information about my sister, please let me know. Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory
Back