GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So was this just the preliminary hearing and we still are waiting for the trial to begin somewhere down the line?
Yes, this just determines whether there is enough evidence for a trial. The judge decided that there is and so a trial will be scheduled. Here's a link with a broad idea of when that might happen.

abc30.com: Dave Hawk to Stand Trial for Murder 8/15/08

His attorney says Dave Hawk will testify in his murder trial, which is expected to happen before the end of the year.

abc30.com: Dave Hawk to Stand Trial for Murder 8/15/08

Diane Triantis, Debbie Hawk's Sister: "She would be very proud of my nephew he's really done well under the circumstances and ... I'm sorry that she's missing out on all this stuff..."

... Coleman will likely file the change of venue motion at Hawk's arraignment at the end of the month. That's also when prosecutors say they'll make a motion to combine the murder case with the felony tax evasion and embezzlement charges they've filed against Dave Hawk since both cases have similar evidence.

It seems like forever that we waited for Hawk to get arrested and now for the trial. LE must have discovered that the stun gun had malfunctioned. Hawk must have thought that he had the murder all figured out and that he would never get caught...until the stun gun malfunctioned. He must have grabbed a kitchen knife or something to leave blood all over the kitchen and in some of the other rooms. Debbie must have put up a good fight after the stun gun malfunctioned. Sounds like she was trying to get away from him when she was bleeding. How awful.

I wonder if LE ever asked the kids what their dad was wearing that night? They would know what he was wearing when they went to bed. I wonder if LE found those clothes and shoes and if there was blood on them.

I'm glad that the ex-girlfriend is cooperating. I wonder if she broke it off with him or the other way around. I can't imagine anyone wanting to be with that arrogant azz.

Thanks for all of your answers Jersey.

I wonder if LE ever asked the kids what their dad was wearing that night? They would know what he was wearing when they went to bed. I wonder if LE found those clothes and shoes and if there was blood on them.
I think the kids might have been too young. Myself, I'm not observant enough to remember what anyone was wearing ever. If you asked me what I have on today, I'd probably have to look down to tell you. :shakehead: :abnormal:

The trial for Dave Hawk has yet to start, but this morning, the prosecution announced that they will not seek the death penalty in this case.

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/29912889.html

Well I hope they are going to go for LWOP then. The creep murdered the children's mother...stole thousands of dollars from them via their trust fund and has no doubt lied to them about everything.

I see that the arrogance is slowly leaving ole Dave. Guess it is finally getting through to him that he is going to go away for a long time. I had to laugh when I looked at that picture of him in the newspaper...the one above. Looks like he is trying to stand there with is chest out but it isn't coming off like he wanted...:D

Wonder when the heck his trial will start. Guess they are dragging it out as long as possible...postphoning it that is. I wish Court TV or whatever it is now would cover it.

I admire and agree with their reason for dropping the DP.

I want him to have to live with all those guys that he no doubt considers beneath him. They will knock that smug arrogance right out of him :furious:

Dave Hawk's Trial Delayed - 11/06/08 - Fresno News - abc30.com

The south Valley man accused of murdering his ex-wife may not go to trial until next spring...

On Thursday, a judge approved consolidating his murder trial with several felony financial crimes he's also facing...

Larry Crouch, prosecutor: "This case was always going to be presenting a bunch of financials as motive for a killing and these financials were contained in another case we're not surprised by the ruling."

Dave Hawk's Trial Delayed - 11/06/08 - Fresno News - abc30.com

The south Valley man accused of murdering his ex-wife may not go to trial until next spring...

On Thursday, a judge approved consolidating his murder trial with several felony financial crimes he's also facing...

Larry Crouch, prosecutor: "This case was always going to be presenting a bunch of financials as motive for a killing and these financials were contained in another case we're not surprised by the ruling."

He is still sitting iin jail isn't he? I guess he'll have a trial someday. It can only be delayed for so long and then the judge is going to get sick of this nonsense. I think its a good idea to do the murder and the financial stuff together. That way a jury will be able to see the motive for the murder and really see what a piece of scum this creep is. I wonder who the girls are living with and if they believe their dad murdered their mom. I believe the older boy caught on right from the beginning and moved out. Isn't he going to testify for the Pros? I hope they lock Hawk up for the rest of his life. Isn't there something about his ex-girlfriend testifying too?

Yeah, it's somewhere on this thread, I think. An ex-girlfriend testified in front of the grand jury, was it? And IIRC, she wasn't pleased about it? I could be remembering wrong. Sadly, there are so many stories like this that sometimes the details blend together. :(

Yeah, it's somewhere on this thread, I think. An ex-girlfriend testified in front of the grand jury, was it? And IIRC, she wasn't pleased about it? I could be remembering wrong. Sadly, there are so many stories like this that sometimes the details blend together. :(

I wish TruTV would cover this trial. I would just love to see ole Hawk get what he deserves!

In August 2009 Dave Hawk was convicted of killing his ex-wife Debbie.
Hawk was also convicted of looting their children's trust funds.​
He is scheduled to be sentenced next month, and faces life in prison without parole.

His attorney's are appealing the conviction. (of course!)

Debbie's body is still missing.

HANFORD -- Jurors convicted Dave Hawk on Friday of killing his ex-wife, with the foreman noting afterward they got "chills" from a secret recording in which Hawk talked hypothetically of dropping her body in a river.

On their third day of deliberations after a two-week trial, a jury of 10 women and two men found Hawk, 51, guilty of first-degree murder in the death of Debbie Hawk and of embezzling more than $300,000 from trust funds set up for the couple's three children.

But the verdict didn't solve the mystery that has transfixed Kings County since Debbie Hawk disappeared from her north Hanford home in June 2006: no sign of the 46-year-old has ever been found.

The murder conviction includes a special finding -- the crime was committed for financial gain -- that will land Hawk in prison for the rest of his life. Prosecutors alleged that Hawk killed his ex-wife to keep her from exposing his misuse of the trust funds set up by his parents for the children.

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/1618899.html

wow...i just read this entire case these past 2 hours or so...and so glad to see a conviction but sad that she has never been found...just as he told police way back when...
happy to see some of these no-body cases going to trial; no one should be rewarded by being good a getting rid of a body...when it is clear that the person has been killed...

wow...i just read this entire case these past 2 hours or so...and so glad to see a conviction but sad that she has never been found...just as he told police way back when...
happy to see some of these no-body cases going to trial; no one should be rewarded by being good a getting rid of a body...when it is clear that the person has been killed...

Very well said cluciano63 ! Dave Hawk (eww I can't stand him and will never get over how he let his children discover the bloody house) got knocked off his high horse. Beware to any other creeps who think they can get away with murder by concealing the body!

KMA Dave
RIP Debbie
May her childrens hearts heal

published Apr 10, 2018 Updated May 19, 2021

"Following a two-day court hearing, Superior Court Judge David Minier ordered Tuesday that the human remains of Debbie Hawk be returned to her family members for burial or cremation."

"The whereabouts of Debbie Hawk’s body remained a mystery until March 18, 2016, when her skeletal remains were found in a field near Stratford. Following the discovery, prosecutors and Dave Hawk’s attorney, Mark Coleman, agreed to preserve the remains for DNA testing."

"Officials said Johnson further detailed how the condition of the remains and the significant time period that they were exposed to the elements severely compromised any chance of a locating the DNA profile of a perpetrator. He also stated that DNA testing was complete, and that, in his opinion, no further DNA testing would be fruitful, officials said.

Following the hearing, the District Attorney’s officials argued for immediate return of Debbie Hawk’s remains to her family for burial or cremation. Minier granted the request and a court order was signed. No future court dates are scheduled."

I am watching the case now on Dateline- excuse me but where is the evidence? we can think he did it, but where is the evidence? He is not likeable, arrogant and all, but lots of suppositions on the part of the prosecution. I know he got convicted ( after reading this thread- and that they found her body), but I did not think they had enough evidence to bring this to trial. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whistlerbowl
Back