GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the new thread.

Anyone know if there will be to seperate trials for Hawk? One for the murder and the other for stealing from the kids, etc? I wish LE could prove that he is the one that shot at the attorney. Everyone knows it was him or someone he put up to it.

When does the murder trial take place....have they set a date yet?

I think it's just one trial, so far, possibly the attorney's will discuss it further at the July 7 pretrial. I'm very interested in whether any testimony or evidence about the attempted murder of Debbie's lawyer will be allowed during Dave's trial. I'd hate for him to get away with anything! No doubt it was him behind it, and maybe he even hired the same person to do both. I don't think he killed Debbie himself, I think he hired it out because at heart (if he has one) he's really a spineless wimp.

Anyone know if there will be to seperate trials for Hawk? One for the murder and the other for stealing from the kids, etc? I wish LE could prove that he is the one that shot at the attorney. Everyone knows it was him or someone he put up to it.

When does the murder trial take place....have they set a date yet?

Maybe that is where some of that trust money went...to hire someone to kill the attorney and Debbie. He spent an awful lot of that money. I would assume that it isn't cheap to hire someone to murder two people. He probably paid in cash so it wouldn't leave a paper trail. I hope a judge makes him prove...with receipts...every penny that he spent. I remember him saying that he used the money for doctor and dentist bills FOR THE KIDS!!! Sure he did. He must have paid a heck of a lot of doctor bills...major surgery for all three kids and big dental bills!

The shooting of the attorney probably can't be brought up unless it can be proven that Hawk was involved. LE know it was him or someone he hired. They just haven't proven it I guess. I hope I'm wrong though and the Pros can figure out a way to get it in. I despise that Hawk. Stealing from his children and murdering their mother is the lowest of the lows...scum of the earth. I'll bet he isn't smirking around his cell...the creep.

Preliminary hearing on murder charges held today. Now the date is postponed until August 14th.

Dave isn't looking so great. Not at all like the stud he thinks he is; jail must not be too fun. - I think he's wearing a bullet proof vest and the picture makes him look like an old hillbilly in overalls.

Preliminary hearing on murder charges held today. Now the date is postponed until August 14th.

Dave isn't looking so great. Not at all like the stud he thinks he is; jail must not be too fun. - I think he's wearing a bullet proof vest and the picture makes him look like an old hillbilly in overalls.

I see jail wiped that big grin off his face.

Damaging details of money, hate and death came out in a Kings County Courtroom Thursday morning in the murder case against Dave Hawk.

During the hearing prosecutors called both Dave and Debbie's father's to the stand, as well as Hawk's ex-girlfriend, Mary Royer.

Royer testified that when Hawk was talking to her about custody of his children he told her quote, "this is not going to stop until she's dead." Also - testified that Hawk made threatening comments about Debbie Hawk when he was served legal papers in December 2005. And - that Hawk was upset about being served the legal papers.

Dave Hawk's father, Stan Hawk, testified that he and his wife had set up trust funds for Debbie and Dave's three children that over time may have amounted to more than $100,000 each.

Over about a five-year period, Stan Hawk testified, Dave Hawk worked for him on the family's Lemoore almond farm and was paid about $500 a month - apparently Hawk's only income during that time. But, Stan Hawk added, Hawk received less than half of that amount because of child support garnishments, taxes and other deductions.

Link
Link 2

KMPH Fox 26 Central San Joaquin Valley News Source in Fresno, California Entertainment, News, Sports and Weather | Damaging T...

... on June 12th, 2006:

7:50 pm, a neighbor reports seeing Debbie leave her house in her van, looking like she was going out for the night in fresno.

A friend speaks to Debbie on the phone at about 8:00 that night.

One of debbie's daughters also talked to her on the phone that night, at about 10:30 pm.
Dave Hawk is confirmed to be with his kids around that time.

At about 2:15 in the morning of June 13th, neighbors report they heard screaming.

7:15 pm, June 13th, Debbie's kids return to her home, to find her missing and blood around the house.

June 15th, Debbie's van is found in Fresno, with her blood inside...

(There's also a picture at this link of Dave entering court.)

A Kings County judge has ruled Dave Hawk will be held over for trial in the case of his ex-wife's, Debbie Hawks, disappearance and presumed murder.

If convicted, Dave Hawk could get the death penalty.

The prosecution claims Hawk allegedly carried out the murder by going to Debbie's house late on the night of June 12th and used a stun gun on her. When that didn't work, Debbie Hawk began to scream and prosecutors say Hawk had to use some type of force to silence her; ultimately killing her.

Then, according to the prosecutions theory, Hawk took Debbie's body and van, and hid her body somewhere. He then took her van and left it in an area in Fresno, where there's high crime and drug use.

Prosecutors allege Hawk stole more than $300,000 dollars from his kids and wanted to silence his ex-wife so he wouldn't be held accountable for that crime.

Good to hear its moving forward!

I'm glad too. We've been waiting for this for a long time! That is really something that the ex-girlfriend is testifying against Hawk. I'm so glad. The jury will take note of what she has to say. I wonder what kind of relationship Hawk and his father have now that dad is speaking up about the money.

I see the smile is back on Hawk's face. When the jury finds him guilty he won't be smiling. That must be hard for the son to sit and listen to everything but he must want to know what LE thinks happened. It's pretty obvious that he thinks his dad is guilt=moving out of dad's house right after the murder.

So was this just the preliminary hearing and we still are waiting for the trial to begin somewhere down the line?

I'm glad too. We've been waiting for this for a long time! That is really something that the ex-girlfriend is testifying against Hawk. I'm so glad. The jury will take note of what she has to say.
I didn't get the impression that she was testifying happily. I'll have to look for the article that seemed to me that there was some hostility from her on the witness stand.

The prosecution claims Hawk allegedly carried out the murder by going to Debbie's house late on the night of June 12th and used a stun gun on her. When that didn't work, Debbie Hawk began to scream and prosecutors say Hawk had to use some type of force to silence her; ultimately killing her.
I'm very intrigued to hear what evidence they have to have constructed such a specific theory. Like how do they know that he tried to use a stun gun, I wonder?

FresnoBee.com: Local: Dave Hawk to stand trial in murder

Larry Crouch, a Kings County deputy district attorney, said the stolen license plate on the van led investigators to believe the crime was planned; that narrowed their focus to people who knew Debbie Hawk.

Crouch contends Hawk murdered his ex-wife "to cover up the financial crime."

The special allegation of financial gain makes the case potentially a capital offense, but prosecutors have not decided whether they will seek the death penalty.

In his argument Friday, Crouch said he believes Hawk planned to use an electronic stun gun purchased in May 2006 to disable Debbie Hawk, take her from her home, kill her and dispose of her body.

Police later found a stun gun during one of several searches of Hawk's home.

"I believe it was his intention to have her missing without any evidence where she went missing from," Crouch said, "and to have her car found in the possession of criminals in the Fresno area ... and therefore he would not be a suspect."

When the stun gun malfunctioned, Crouch said, Hawk "had to use alternative means to secure her, which led to blood being deposited in the house."

Crouch acknowledged his case is circumstantial -- there are no eyewitnesses, DNA, fingerprints, a murder weapon or even the victim's remains to connect Hawk to the crime.

"There's no physical evidence, but that doesn't mean I can't prosecute," he said. "It's fairly unusual [to not have a body], but that's not a concern to us proving our case."

Here it is, Bobbisangel. Now that I reread it, hostile is probably too strong of a word. Actually, without hearing her intonations, it's probably impossible to know if she was unhappy being there or was simply trying to give accurate testimony.

abc30.com: Dave Hawk Preliminary Hearing | Shocking Testimony from Hawk's Ex-Girlfriend 8/15/08

Larry Crouch: "Did he ever verbalize to you at all that he hated the woman? You said 'Absolutely' in a police interview."

Mary Royer: "I said "hated" wasn't the word."

Larry Crouch: "How did he verbalize his dislike for his ex-wife, Debbie Hawk?"

Mary Royer: "He told me that these events were not going to stop until she is dead."

Dave Hawk's attorney said the words were overdramatized in court.

Mark Coleman, Dave Hawk's Attorney: "I don't view it as particularly dramatic people go thru divorces they make statements that maybe sometimes they shouldn't have but everybody at one time or another has said something about the ex that is just expected I don't view it as motive for murder."

Larry Crouch: "Did he ever verbalize to you at all that he hated the woman? You said 'Absolutely' in a police interview."

Mary Royer: "I said "hated" wasn't the word."
Now that I think about it, this could even mean that he hated her SO much that "hate wasn't (even) the word". (I don't know how to explain it.) Does anyone know if there's any video or audio of this kind of stuff or is this stuff not typically released?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back