GUILTY CA - Debbie Hawk, 46, Hanford, 13 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KGPE - CBS TV47 - Police believe missing woman was murdered

Police are now treating the disappearance of a Hanford woman as a murder investigation.

... CBS 47 broke the news to Hawk’s ex-husband.

Dave Hawk tells CBS 47, “I’m confused. Why are they calling it a murder without a body?”

Hawk did not shy away when asked about his guilt or innocence.

He responded by saying, “That’s an inappropriate question. The purpose should be finding Debbie… not focus on who’s guilty or innocent...”

JerseyGirl said:
KGPE - CBS TV47 - Police believe missing woman was murdered

Police are now treating the disappearance of a Hanford woman as a murder investigation.

... CBS 47 broke the news to Hawk’s ex-husband.

Dave Hawk tells CBS 47, “I’m confused. Why are they calling it a murder without a body?”
Hawk did not shy away when asked about his guilt or innocence.

He responded by saying, “That’s an inappropriate question. The purpose should be finding Debbie… not focus on who’s guilty or innocent...”

Is this guy really that dumb? It wouldn't take an Einstein to figure out that a person could only lose so much blood before dying. If the house and van were as soaked with blood as the news reports claim, then she is most likely dead.

This guy is involved with her disappearance and murder all the way up to his ears! :doh:

Mare said:
This is sounding like someone we all know too well! :loser:

ETA: the bold/italic emphasis is mine :innocent:

Hmmm...would that be Scooter?

I think the guy did it, too. What a stupid jerk.

Hmmm... if we found who did it then we may find where she is... but I guess in his case IT DOES take a genius to figure it out, in his case.

deespoohbear said:
Is this guy really that dumb? It wouldn't take an Einstein to figure out that a person could only lose so much blood before dying. If the house and van were as soaked with blood as the news reports claim, then she is most likely dead.

This guy is involved with her disappearance and murder all the way up to his ears! :doh:

I like this statement too. What did he think it was with all of that blood....

Action News spoke with Dave Hawk and he said he is surprised that the case has been reclassified as a homicide investigation.

Come on Dave.....how would you classify this case....a runaway???? Yes, I agree, I think the man is involved up to his neck. I would be relooking at the 60 acres of his. I wonder if LE took cadaver dogs over all of that property? That is the first place I would look if it were me.

mom3dd said:
This is like Sue Ann Ray until they break someone they won't be able to find her. So very sad.

Yes, it reminds me of Sue Ann Ray's case too. I think this guy is acting dumb but he really isn't. He knows it is a homicide case because he killed her. He says he is cooperating but refuses to take a polygraph....come on Dave!

I wonder if there were any footprints in the blood and if there were any fingerprints in the van? There has to evidence somewhere in that mess. If he went there planning to kill her he might have worn gloves but if he went there to talk to her and things got out of control he probably didn't wear any.
He could probably say any fingerprints found around the house were from when he picked up the kids or something but he couldn't get around anything found in the blood or in her van. I doubt that he has been in her van since they split.

Mare said:
This is sounding like someone we all know too well! :loser:

ETA: the bold/italic emphasis is mine :innocent:

And that one is sitting on death row in San Quention :laugh:

deespoohbear said:

i've been keeping up w/this one lately, & i have to agree with you....

Second Massive Search Conducted for Missing Woman

Last week, an anonymous tip led police to the Kings River between Highway 41 and Highway 43, but they found nothing.

On Friday, police moved north, focusing on a 50 mile stretch of the river between Highway 43 and Highway 99.

It's been more than a month since Hawk disappeared. Earlier this week, police reclassified her case to a homicide investigation. They believe marks found on Hawk's abandoned minivan show she might be located near a waterway.

According to today's paper, he has offered to take polygraph, but claims the police haven't scheduled it. He also claims he has alibi. Yeah, like who else has a motive and wants to hide the body? Random serial killers don't go to such elaborate means to hide the body and replace the license plates on her van.

I think he's previously stated that his so-called alibi is that he was home with his kids and no one saw him leave. But since the crime probably happened in the middle of the night then why would the kids see him leave? They'd be sleeping. And if he had a girlfriend staying over that doesn't make much difference. At home asleep isn't a great alibi.

Marie said:
I think he's previously stated that his so-called alibi is that he was home with his kids and no one saw him leave. But since the crime probably happened in the middle of the night then why would the kids see him leave? They'd be sleeping. And if he had a girlfriend staying over that doesn't make much difference. At home asleep isn't a great alibi.

Who else would have shot the attorney the day before they were going into court and Debbie was going to ask for more money, more time with the kids and expose him for taking money from the kids trust fund.

The crime scene sounds like a blood bath inside the house and the van. Maybe the killer was a tad bit angry or Debbie put up one heck of a fight or both.

The guy claimed that he made something like $15,000 last year yet he must have to pay taxes on that 60 acres yearly. He worked for his dad. I would bet that him and dad have a little "under the table" thing going. Debbie must have known something about more income as she was going to ask the judge to up the support. He probably would have had to account for the money missing from the trust fund. I can't figure out how he even got money out of the trust fund unless it wasn't being handled by the courts. Sounds like he may have had his butt in a sling at the next court date and he wanted to avoid that so he killed Debbie. If he raises the kids he will get Social Security for them according to how much Debbie had made while working. He could probably use the money plus maybe have excess to their trust funds.

Think that I read on CTV that LE has poly'd everyone else but this guy. Why would they not schedule him at the same time as the others. As far as his alibi goes it probably was late at night. I wonder if there is any water on or by that 60 acres?

Does anyone have a link to an article about the blood found inside of the house? At first it sounded like a bit here and there. Then it sounded like it might have been more. But I haven't read anything from the media that gives a clear idea of just how much blood there was or wasn't.

Bobbisangel said:
If he went there planning to kill her he might have worn gloves but if he went there to talk to her and things got out of control he probably didn't wear any.
If the husband did this, there's no doubt in my mind that it would have been premeditated murder. I don't think that he would have just gone there to talk to her while he had the kids. If he had the kids, and no one remembers him leaving at any time, then he went over there at a planned time with a planned purpose. JMO.

absolut said:
From that article:

... Police say FBI investigators were at Debbie Hawk's Hanford home Friday collecting evidence.

They also handed clothes and other personal items to Hawk's parents and three children who were waiting outside...

Friday marked the same day that Debbie Hawk and her ex-husband were scheduled to go to court on a custody and child support hearing...

FresnoBee.com: South Valley: Searchers blanket park for clues to Hawk's whereabouts

... Hawk's ex-husband expressed his frustration with police, saying that he has offered to take a lie-detector test, but that Hanford police have shunned his overtures.

Dave Hawk also told The Bee he has an alibi for the time when his ex-wife was thought to have been killed...

The article goes on to say that Dave claims that LE hasn't taken him up on his offer to take a poly, that they haven't been returning his calls, and that they've been showing up unannounced at the homes of people he knows in order to question them while "ignoring" Dave. "I have a feeling they are playing games," he said.

He states that there are items that were taken during a search at his home that still haven't been returned and is questioning why these large searches weren't conducted earlier than now.

"Authorities were continuing to focus on possible routes that Hawk's van could have taken between Hanford and Fresno, based on damage to the vehicle's undercarriage."

A fund has been established to help with the costs of the searches as well as college funds for her 3 children. I suppose this is especially important since much of their savings was drained by their father.

Finally, another search could take place this week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back