CA CA - Derek Seehausen, 26, USC med student, Glendale, 5 Aug 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As far as being afraid of the reaction of people in his life upon returning, I know we don't really "know know" these people, but you saw his Mom and best friend at the Presser -- IMO, these are the people you come to when you need help or comfort. If we see them as very approachable and kind (which I'm sure we all do), I hardly think Derek would fear them being mad/rejecting him. I doubt he is afraid, in that particular sense. Maybe he's afraid of facing disappointment in himself though, if you know what I mean. Poor Derek, I think this is some internal struggle that nobody could have foreseen.

As for his father, I believe Derek did experience his father taking off one or two times, and I believe his father was thought to be somewhere on the spectrum of bipolar, but I am just going off my memory of the initial statement from his brother. I didn't want to overwhelm his friend with that...I mean, he was nice enough to share about his dating life, and I felt funny even asking about that! :facepalm:

Well, :eek:fftobed: for this girl.

IMO, his mother did seem concerned at the presser that Derek may feel it would be too difficult to return. Both she and the PI seemed to express that they were concerned he may feel like he couldn't come back and they wanted to assure him that he absolutely can.

Thanks doc brew, that's what I meant. If his father was possibly bi-polar, he could have inherited that.

Think cube, I saw the presser and it did seem his mother was concerned that he might think he can't come back because of embarrassment or repercussions of some sort. His mother expressed that he can come home and to not think he couldn't. She tried really hard to let him know it wasn't a problem and thanks Dixie for backing that up.

Thanks doc brew, that's what I meant. If his father was possibly bi-polar, he could have inherited that.

Think cube, I saw the presser and it did seem his mother was concerned that he might think he can't come back because of embarrassment or repercussions of some sort. His mother expressed that he can come home and to not think he couldn't. She tried really hard to let him know it wasn't a problem and thanks Dixie for backing that up.

Man, I can't sleep because I keep thinking about this case...
I'm sorry, I guess I didn't explain very well...yes, I agree he may have a hard time coming back -- just not because he would think people would be mad at him -- that is all. I know it was just an expression you were using, but just the part where you wondered about him feeling like "I want to come home but afraid everyone will kill me," I just feel like he probably knows people won't be mad. That's all. But of course I understand why coming back would be hard. It was for my close friend too, but I know Derek would receive such support.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ok I'm new here, so please forgive my ignorance, but why is there so much interest in MI? Like Myocardial Infarction? Can someone explain the link?

Sorry. When I first saw MI, I also thought Myocardial Infarction, since my husband has had 4 of them. But in WS speak, it means mental illness. Not much about heart attacks here, but lots of cases where mental illness comes into play, especially with the suicide cases.

I noticed on his friends page they do sm night golfing. Could he Hv gone to a golf course?

Here's what gets really odd

1) He bought the milk and cereal in the SAME trip to Vons at 10:40pm where he withdrew the $200
2) He then left the milk at home, never opened.

First…Welcome! I hope Derek's found soon and reunited. I may be missing the point on this one but several posts mention it's odd that the cereal was opened and the milk was not. What if he was running low and used up the last of the open carton that evening? This lead me to thinking, did he take out the trash that night? That would further substantiate that he planned to leave.

When I snack on cereal at night, I don't use milk FWIW.

Helpfindderek, I've not how good do you feel your sleuthing has been of his his social media accounts? Have you released his user names on those accounts so others can dig to find if there are others? Check out the Teleka Patrick case here. She was a missing 1st yr psych resident who went missing and we sleuthed out a ton of her deleted social media stuff.

Couple other questions.

Have you checked the history on his printer?

Was there any other food in the house other than the cereal and milk?

Helpfindderek, I've not how good do you feel your sleuthing has been of his his social media accounts? Have you released his user names on those accounts so others can dig to find if there are others? Check out the Teleka Patrick case here. She was a missing 1st yr psych resident who went missing and we sleuthed out a ton of her deleted social media stuff.

Couple other questions.

Have you checked the history on his printer?

Was there any other food in the house other than the cereal and milk?

*he doesn't have a printer

* yes there was other food.

* as for social media, we're not quite there yet, it would be a bit painful and much at this time for the page to be widely accessible to the public. The internet is a scary,

* also, wanted to pass this along: a detailed description of bus routes
http://www.martinpi.com/private-inv...tigation/derek-seehausen-possible-bus-routes/

Thanks

Thank you Helpfindderek. I hope the presser the other day yielded some legitimate tips.

I know that the surveillance footage of Derek from the night he went missing has been released, and it shows that he took a backpack, right? Has the color or a stock photo of that particular backpack been released? It would be helpful to have a picture of the backpack on the fliers going out to hikers/ranger stations. Just one more thing identifiable about him if he is out on the trails.

Thank you Helpfindderek. I hope the presser the other day yielded some legitimate tips.

I know that the surveillance footage of Derek from the night he went missing has been released, and it shows that he took a backpack, right? Has the color or a stock photo of that particular backpack been released? It would be helpful to have a picture of the backpack on the fliers going out to hikers/ranger stations. Just one more thing identifiable about him if he is out on the trails.

Last I had read, this was the last surveillance shot of Derek and he doesn't have any backpack/bag with him.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410987955.533476.jpg

Source of photo/info: http://imgur.com/a/Y3mXu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last I had read, this was the last surveillance shot of Derek and he doesn't have any backpack/bag with him.

View attachment 59118

Source of photo/info: http://imgur.com/a/Y3mXu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!! For some reason I thought I remembered it being said when he first disappeared that Derek had his backpack with him. Oh well, maybe he had it with him earlier in the day and I just confused.
Or maybe not at all and I am just losing my mind ;)

Did he take his passport with him? What are his favorite places in San Diego?

Did he take his passport with him? What are his favorite places in San Diego?

I remember seeing on his AMA that Derek didn't take his passport with him.

Sent from my iPhone

Bummed there aren't any updates on this case. His friends and family have been silent for a week now after being involved on this thread and on the Reddit AMA. Hoping for the best.

I'm sure if there was something newsworthy, there would be an update, but sadly there isn't.

Personally I have lost hope that Derek will be found alive since two redditors let the cat out of the bag that they and several others have read a recovered text file from Derek's PC that could be described as a suicide note.

Personally I have lost hope that Derek will be found alive since two redditors let the cat out of the bag that they and several others have read a recovered text file from Derek's PC that could be described as a suicide note.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought it wasn't exactly a suicide note but it was a note expressing his discomfort with his chronic pain, etc. From the Reddit thread - "He offered his apology for the pain he knew his disappearance would cause." Unfortunately, an ambiguous statement. It could be disappearing to die or disappearing to a new way of life. I hope for the best but the lack of updates is disheartening.

Yes, apparently his note can be interpreted both ways, like you said. Remember though, in the press release they said that Derek "might be suicidal" and that his family was "extremely concerned for his welfare". What seems to be clear is that he didn't want to be found. Maybe Derek was deliberately vague about his plans, to give his friends and family some hope that he might have started a new life somewhere. Not having certainty must be incredibly painful for his parents. It's hard for me to understand how he could not see this himself, unless he really was so depressed that he was suicidal.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought it wasn't exactly a suicide note but it was a note expressing his discomfort with his chronic pain, etc. From the Reddit thread - "He offered his apology for the pain he knew his disappearance would cause." Unfortunately, an ambiguous statement. It could be disappearing to die or disappearing to a new way of life. I hope for the best but the lack of updates is disheartening.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back