CA CA - Derek Seehausen, 26, USC med student, Glendale, 5 Aug 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone have more information, link etc. in regard to the recovered text file from Derek's computer that could have been interpreted as a suicide note? I mean, thats an extremely important piece of information.

I'd never read this case.

I do think Derek suffered from mental illness. What it was and for how long who knows but I think life was wearing on him, he was possibly tired of hiding a mental illness (diagnosed or not, I think he felt off) and decided to get away. Without meds this condition may have worsened over time.

I do not think he is alive.

I agree. His father had some kind of later onset mental issue that caused him to disappear. Maybe Derek was hiding his symptoms really well?
I wonder what the $200 was for. Maybe to get somewhere, but where? Someone brought up checking golden gate bridge surveillance from the time period. Maybe he took a bus up there.
I hope he comes back and explains that he has been living off the grid but sadly I don't think this is the case.

Hi everyone,
I started and finished this thread last night and it seemed obvious how much it seemed to dry up after the announcement of a significant lead. Were these leads ever revealed?

No updates on FB, website, or here sadly... Only 26 years young...and not even an update from friends or family...so so sad.

Hi all,

We have what we believe to be a significant new tip. Details are here on the website: http://helpfindderek.com/a-new-tip-and-a-call-for-help/

Today, we have a very significant lead from a fellow USC student
A man who looked like Derek with a full beard was spotted in in Northern California, near where the 395/203 highways meet
Is anyone out there able to help put posters and flyers up in the following places near where we received this tip?
June Lake (resort town)
Lee Vining
Bridgeport
Carson City
Reno (closest REI)
Bishop
Lone Pine
Big Pine
Olancha
Independence
While its almost been a year and a half from the time we last saw Derek, we do think the weight of the person who gave us this tip means we are obligated to follow up. We’re asking anyone who may be in the area or near by who can help please contact us at

info@helpfindderek.com
so that we can coordinate a follow up to this significant lead

Thank you!
-Help Find Derek team

Wow! Great to see something on this thread. Hope it pans out.

I hope this new tip means Derek is still alive and living a life off the grid. Lot of campgrounds and places up there to do just that. HWY 395 is an outdoorsman's playground. I spent every summer in that area when I was growing up. My parents vacationed up in Bridgeport every year for 25 years. Great area to get lost if you don't want to be found. IMO.

Does anyone else think this could be him?
American Homeless in Mexico

[video=youtube;21yxlRRPo1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21yxlRRPo1g[/video]

Does anyone else think this could be him?
American Homeless in Mexico

[video=youtube;21yxlRRPo1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21yxlRRPo1g[/video]

He is certainly young enough looking to be a possibility. I'm not sure its him though - going purely on the shape of his nose. does anyone recognise where his accent may be from?

I sent video link to info@helpfindderek.com. Here is the reply I received.

Hello,
This is Derek Seehausen's mother. I wanted to thank you for sending the video of the homeless man in Mexico to our HelpFindDerek email. The side photo of this man's face looks very much like Derek and I am so appreciative that someone is still thinking about finding him. The full on face view doesn't look as much like him, and the voice is different, but I don't know what 2 years of living on the streets would do to a person's looks. I'm sending it to my other sons to see what they think.

Regardless of whether or not it is Derek, you have my sincere gratitude

Hello,
This is Derek Seehausen's mother. I wanted to thank you for sending the video of the homeless man in Mexico to our HelpFindDerek email. The side photo of this man's face looks very much like Derek and I am so appreciative that someone is still thinking about finding him. The full on face view doesn't look as much like him, and the voice is different, but I don't know what 2 years of living on the streets would do to a person's looks. I'm sending it to my other sons to see what they think.

That's a really nice reply. I can't get the video to play for me!

That is awesome. Thanks for reaching out to them and thanks for sharing her response. His mom sounds so thoughtful, I can't imagine how happy it must have made her to see somebody does actually still remember Derek. I really thought there was a chance the guy in the video was him!

Hello,

If it isn't Derek, is there someplace on Websleuths where we can post this man's video and information so that it's available for someone searching for him?

Hello,

WOW. I haven't checked this thread in so long that I had to go back and look at a picture of Derek. I think that man very strongly resembles Derek from the side AND the front. Who can say for sure without a DNA test but about his voice and his nose, which others are saying seem unlike Derek-- head injuries can cause someone's voice to change. I have both a friend and former coworker who received serious head injuries and they now talk with an "accent", I believe it's along the same lines as Apraxia.

Second, the man in the video...it looks like his nose has been broken. A relative of mine broke her nose as a teen and it looked forever different from that time on, significantly changing her appearance.

I think this is a pretty important and impressive lead. Their mouths looks really similar to me, especially, as well as the hairline.

Perhaps Derek intended to kill himself and ended up harming himself so severely that it caused brain damage. Perhaps he did take some cash and go off the grid and got mixed up in some bad stuff.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

If you can't view video try Googling "American Homeless In Mexico"

Here's what I am seeing...
Both wearing a black hoodie under a black jacket.
Here is the last surveillance photo "known" to be Derek.

BK6oiSZ.png

Ears, hair, other physical features
(compared to 1:27 in video)
capture7.jpeg

Derek%20Photo%201.jpg

Does the homeless man have his own thread here on WS?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back