CA CA - Derek Seehausen, 26, USC med student, Glendale, 5 Aug 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's exactly the sentiment I have. In addition to the ears and nose, I think that this gentleman and Derek share the same (receding) hairline, too.

Yes, agree about the hairline! I also think the eyebrows are similar. The one t hi g that doesn't quite fit to me is the shape of his facial hair -- it seems not to grow in very well in one spot on Derek, however the homeless man's beard is so bushy that it's probably just hiding the growth pattern.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Have Derek's family or friends commented on this? Someone up thread said they never heard back from a family member about it, right?
Sorry.. I just started using Tapatalk and I feel like it sometimes causes me to miss posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Derek's family or friends commented on this? Someone up thread said they never heard back from a family member about it, right?
Sorry.. I just started using Tapatalk and I feel like it sometimes causes me to miss posts.

Tapatalk and I don't particularly get along, so I am not much help with that, but WS member MsMoon did get a response:

Hello,
This is Derek Seehausen's mother. I wanted to thank you for sending the video of the homeless man in Mexico to our HelpFindDerek email. The side photo of this man's face looks very much like Derek and I am so appreciative that someone is still thinking about finding him. The full on face view doesn't look as much like him, and the voice is different, but I don't know what 2 years of living on the streets would do to a person's looks. I'm sending it to my other sons to see what they think.

Regardless of whether or not it is Derek, you have my sincere gratitude

Thank you KayElJay! I do remember seeing that post now. I wonder what Derek's brothers thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not seen anything on the facebook page or the helpfindderek.com page about the man in Mexico; I do hope we hear an update on whether family gets a chance to go see him.

Hoping and praying for Derek and his family.

I got a similar response from Derek's mother. She says that she and Derek's siblings have watched the video countless times, and their conclusion is that it's not him.

I cannot imagine what she is going through. I would think that if there was the smallest hope that it *could* be Derek, that they would grab onto that hope. Does not sound like they are.

I got a similar response from Derek's mother. She says that she and Derek's siblings have watched the video countless times, and their conclusion is that it's not him.

I cannot imagine what she is going through. I would think that if there was the smallest hope that it *could* be Derek, that they would grab onto that hope. Does not sound like they are.

I've followed this case almost from the beginning but don't know Derek personally. Though I agree that there are some things about the guy who look similar to Derek, there are many significant differences. Of course, I could be wrong.

-Nose: While of course Derek could've had his nose broken in the last 1 1/2 years, in the video the guy's nose also looks longer than Derek's.
-Forehead: While Derek also has a high forehead with a receding hairline, Derek's forehead seems flatter and broader than that of the guy in the video
-Head shape: Seen from the front, the outline Derek's head is kind of wedge-shaped. It goes straight down from his broad forehead and then tapers to his chin. In the video, the guy's face seems broadest at the cheekbones. (Admittedly, the facial hair in the video doesn't help.)
-Eye sockets: In the still shot from the video taken from below, the guy looks like he has deep-set eyes and a craggy look; I don't think Derek has either.
-Facial hair: In pictures of Derek with facial hair, his beard looks like it comes in sparser and more reddish than that of the guy in the video.

In addition, Derek's mother says the guy's voice doesn't sound like him. I'm having a hard time imagining Derek smoking. Again, I could be wrong about all of this, but if I had to bet I would say it isn't Derek.

I'm really glad that Beamie started the thread on the guy in Nuevo Leon. Whoever he is, he probably has family and friends somewhere who are worried about him. Maybe the video and the thread will lead him to be identified. (Of course, even if identified, he may refuse help.) It would help if there was more video of the guy in Mexico, including close-ups of his face (or at least some info about the color of his eyes) and shots of him standing & walking. (How tall is the guy?) Finally, it would be good if there was info on exactly where the guy was and on whether he's is still there. Additional pictures and info would help various families rule him in or out.

Sorry, I feel dumb for having to ask; but, when bumped, where does this person's reply go?
The reply doesn't get bumped, they are literally "bumping" the entire thread to the top of the forum so it's seen more. Forums are sorted by default by the most recent last post in the thread.

and then when we see the thread has been bumped, we all rush in here hoping for a break, some news, anything... but end up merely leaving our hopes and love for the families and friends... =(

(And others who never read this thread come in with new ideas and insights about what might have happened!)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back