CA CA - Diane Dye, 13, San Jose, 30 July 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am hoping to have that arrest date in the next couple days. Don't want to get my hopes too high because I've thought that before but it's looking good this time.

I am hoping to have that arrest date in the next couple days. Don't want to get my hopes too high because I've thought that before but it's looking good this time.
Thanks for this good news, Odyssey.

I'm bumping this thread for you, Diane. Your friends and family love and miss you so much. Please come back if you can.

Bumping this thread for Diane Dye, praying that answers are found soon.

Hi, Odyssey, I'm guessing that the arrest date has not yet been made available to you? Hope all is well. :)

I've been reading through the posts in this thread, and have not had a chance to read through all of the posts, but thought I'd post some things I thought of while reading. This may sound "out there" somewhat, but I was struck by a few things that immediately came to mind as I was reading. Back in the beginning of this thread, Ted Ringgold in his first post, page 1 post# 25, described "Doug" as someone who lived a somewhat transient lifestyle, was 17/18 years old, was I gather very unsavory who was associated with other unsavory characters, and who had a tatoo that said "Satan's DAY" on his arm I think?

Link to post here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...3-San-Jose-30-July-1979&p=7846382#post7846382

When "Doug" was asked about this tatoo he reportedly said he "was put on this earth by Satan to do the devil's work"? When I read this, the first thing I thought of was Charles"Tex"Watson from the Manson Family. In "Helter Skelter", "Tex" is said to have told the Tate victims "I'm the devil, and I'm here to do the devil's business." after entering the Tate residence.

Ted Ringgold also posted that "Doug" stayed in the mountains with others who were into criminal activity who "also had a collection of firearms including automatic rifles and were talking about doing things like bank robberies and even things that sounded terrorist in nature." I'm curious if this "Doug" had any connections to Manson Family associates. Though Manson and most of the immediate Family members were already doing either life or long prison stretches by 1979, there remained hard core associates connected to them who were staying in and/or had strong connections to Stockton, Mendocino County, Ukiah and Willits throughout the 1970's who were involved in this same type of criminal activity. Has anyone looked into the possibility that this "Doug" had any connection to this group?

I hope you get answers to where Diane is and what happened to her.

Hi, Odyssey, I'm guessing that the arrest date has not yet been made available to you? Hope all is well. :)

Odyssey has been very busy; not sure when she'll be able to be back. I touched base with Ted 2 months ago; he also was not going to be around for a while. Both will be back when they can.

Thank you, Roselvr, for this information. I hope they know they are missed.

I've been reading through the posts in this thread, and have not had a chance to read through all of the posts, but thought I'd post some things I thought of while reading. This may sound "out there" somewhat, but I was struck by a few things that immediately came to mind as I was reading. Back in the beginning of this thread, Ted Ringgold in his first post, page 1 post# 25, described "Doug" as someone who lived a somewhat transient lifestyle, was 17/18 years old, was I gather very unsavory who was associated with other unsavory characters, and who had a tatoo that said "Satan's DAY" on his arm I think?

Link to post here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...3-San-Jose-30-July-1979&p=7846382#post7846382

When "Doug" was asked about this tatoo he reportedly said he "was put on this earth by Satan to do the devil's work"? When I read this, the first thing I thought of was Charles"Tex"Watson from the Manson Family. In "Helter Skelter", "Tex" is said to have told the Tate victims "I'm the devil, and I'm here to do the devil's business." after entering the Tate residence.

Ted Ringgold also posted that "Doug" stayed in the mountains with others who were into criminal activity who "also had a collection of firearms including automatic rifles and were talking about doing things like bank robberies and even things that sounded terrorist in nature." I'm curious if this "Doug" had any connections to Manson Family associates. Though Manson and most of the immediate Family members were already doing either life or long prison stretches by 1979, there remained hard core associates connected to them who were staying in and/or had strong connections to Stockton, Mendocino County, Ukiah and Willits throughout the 1970's who were involved in this same type of criminal activity. Has anyone looked into the possibility that this "Doug" had any connection to this group?

I hope you get answers to where Diane is and what happened to her.
Hi, Solitaryone, I also thought of Tex Watson when I read Ted Ringgold's post about Doug. I don't think it's "out there" to wonder if Doug was a Manson follower; but it seems to me that he would have mentioned that when explaining about his tattoo.
Tex Watson and Doug are but two from a stinking plethora of walking merde-bags who are here " to do the Devil 's work".

wow! just spent past two hours reading this entire thread...feel like I lived it all myself! definitely felt "transported" back to another time. I was 12 in 1979 but had two (much) older brothers so I felt like I was reliving watching their lives and living all that crazy 70's madness all over again.

as to the most important part of all this I too hope Diane is alive and well and will soon reconnect with her loved ones. I am disappointed Odyssey has not said what happened with that arrest report she was confident would finally be the right one; I feel like I am caught up in a TV cliffhanger waiting for the next episode! Hope Odyssey and Ted come back asap with some new updates. hope one day Diane will post here herself!

Welcome to Websleuths, The Whistler. Thank you for taking the time to read Diane's entire thread. " "Cliffhanger" is a good word for this case. The absence of Odyssey and Ted have made a big hole here and they are certainly missed. I hope they co.me back soon. I don't know if Diane is well---I pray she is--but I do believe she is alive.

Bumping for Diane, missing for 36 years.

A big thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. It's always nice to learn about a "missing person" beyond the information that would be featured on a flier. The responses here really establish Diane as an individual; as well as the time period and general way of life. Hopefully another anniversary won't have to happen before the truth is revealed.

Bumping for Diane, missing for 36 years.

A big thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. It's always nice to learn about a "missing person" beyond the information that would be featured on a flier. The responses here really establish Diane as an individual; as well as the time period and general way of life. Hopefully another anniversary won't have to happen before the truth is revealed.

So very well said. Thank you, JusticeWillBeServed.

I am very sorry for my absence, I am just not able to dedicate myself to this as much as I would like right now due to other things going on.

I did get over 200 pages of paperwork regarding Doug's criminal record but none of them had an actual arrest date, every other date under the sun was there but not the one I needed. I don't know why I'm having so much difficulty getting it since it is a public record, but it has been very elusive.

There was something about a stolen car that happened right around the same time that Diane went missing, a friend of Doug's stole his stepfather's car and the car was recovered shortly after Diane went missing. I don't have a lot of information about this because Doug was not charged with the theft since his friend stole the car, but the friend said that he and Doug were joyriding in it. I wonder if Diane was ever in that car. Doug's friend was charged with the theft of the car but I'm not sure if there would be any use in requesting that file. IIRC the car was reported stolen before Diane went missing and was recovered after.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back