CA - Dr. Felix Polk, 70, stabbed to death, Orinda, 14 Oct 2002

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
yadler said:
Can a pro per appeal the jury's verdict based on inefective assistance of cousel?

She was no doubt instructed at the beginning of the trial that her decision to represent herself could not be used as grounds for a mistrial. That would include her decisions made in that capacity.

yadler said:
Can a pro per appeal the jury's verdict based on inefective assistance of cousel?
Well... the Sniper in Maryland just got himself convicted again. They say that a person who represents themself has a fool for a client! Personally, I think Susan's grandstanding trying to force the judge into limited conviction options. I think Scott Peterson has a better chance of using the Ineffective Counsel option, and even he has a snowball's chance!:D

BillyGoatGruff said:
Jesus Christ on a sea beach woman, can't you tell by everything I've written that I think Susan Polk is a narcissistic sociopath? But I also think her husband, who was supposed to be trained to, you know, recognize these things, given his profession, was one too. Just because someone is the victim of a murder/crime doesn't make them a friggin' nice person/martyr/innocent. I think the only innocents in this case wee the sons and probably Susan's parents, who were apparently danced around for decades by both a mentally disturbed daughter and her husband/therapist.

A lot of what has been said about Felix has been way overblown and embellished imo. Including numerous tales told by Susan Polk without absolutely no back up whatsoever. I find it odd that her mother who comes into testify about Felix had not even seen Susan for years. Imo she knows nothing about nothing.....including Susan.

I think he did realize that Susan had major problems, who wouldn't? but for many years I think he truly loved her, accepting her weirdness. IMO it literally had to be hell in that home for Felix and the kids... getting worse by the minute. Susan Polk seems to be one of the most vengeful, spiteful, controlling women I have ever read or heard about. She cares not if she crushes her children...they mean nothing to her...if they cant be used as a pawn they have no use. She has a sadistic side.....and I think she enjoyed thrusting that knife into her husband. Susan was about Susan and she would show him who was in control.

So I will not demean Felix....he is not here to protect himself nor tell his side and I wouldn't believe one thing Susan Polk ever has to say about the man she cold blooded murdered.

The mere fact that she has accused practically all of her family of sexually abusing her or committing othe crimes shows how diabolical her mind twists.

I think she was a master manipulator even getting Felix to believe that cults were abusing her son, Susan wanted to be one of "the" parents in the 80s when it was the rave about Satanic abuses. I see Felix under her spell not the other way around.

Her disorders don't rise to the level of insanity imo. She is just a cold, unfeeling narcissist who has always thought of no one but herself.

I loved it today when the DA ask her " are you telling this jury that Felix had the knife in his underwear?" :laugh: LMAO Boy the DA can "stab" her right in the gut.....wonder how Susan likes that? lol

Felix wanted it over......he told her he did....it was all about Susan.....Susan and money. I hope she never sees a dime of that Estate.

IMO

Ocean

In her second contentious day of cross-examination, murder defendant Susan Polk accused the prosecutor of using "doctored" autopsy photos of her husband's stab wounds and accused a former attorney of "setting up" a teenager in a murder case.

"I wonder if that photo has been manipulated by a computer program," Polk said when Assistant District Attorney Paul Sequeira showed jurors graphic pictures of the gashes to the inside of Felix Polk's hands.

"I've cut my fingers a number of times in the kitchen, and it just doesn't look like that," Polk said.

"Right," Sequeira said. "Because you never grabbed at a knife blade to save your life."

more at link
http://www.courttv.com/trials/polk/060106_ctv.html

Boy oh Boy she is something else. I can't even articulate how bizarre her behavior seems to me.

I am following the reports from "over there." I am speachless. She accused Horowitz,her former attorney of wanting to frame Dyskleskie (?) for the murder of his wife and having an affair with a prospective juror on the Polk case. She's like fly paper. Touch her anyway, shape or form, and you will be accused of the grossest, vilest vulgarity/ immorality that the human mind can think of. Horowitz's hands are tied by attorney/client privelege or he would retaliate.

yadler said:
I am following the reports from "over there." I am speechless. She accused Horowitz,her former attorney of wanting to frame Dyskleskie (?) for the murder of his wife and having an affair with a prospective juror on the Polk case. She's like fly paper. Touch her anyway, shape or form, and you will be accused of the grossest, vilest vulgarity/ immorality that the human mind can think of. Horowitz's hands are tied by attorney/client privilege or he would retaliate.

Who doesn't she bash or try to defame? She accuses her own mother and family of horrible abuses from sexual to murder. Everyone is slime according to the weird world of Susan. She makes me want to puke :sick: She is undoubtedly one of the most evil, twisted women I have ever read about.

Yes, I believe DH commented that he could say why Susan is really doing this and what the real reason was she wanted to fire him but it would harm SPs case. I think he told her she was going to lose this case if she didn't go for an insanity defense and she was soooooo enraged that he thought her to be mentally unstable she thought in her wicked, narcissistic way ........"how dare you say that to me....I'll make you wish you never said it, no one tells me I'm crazy" Susan sees herself as perfect and brilliant. Everyone....I mean everyone is at fault but Susan. What a load she has spewed during this trial. She cant even keep up with her own lies.

Susan Polk is the epitome of evil imo. She treats her kids like crap......with no regard at all for their feelings....she is nasty to everyone even to Judge Brady who must have the patience of Job. It is so obvious no one controls SP...no one and that included FP. She is meaner than a junk yard dog.

IMO

Ocean

I thought that, what with the sparse information that coming out of that trial being what it is, I smelled something that has on her mind. Yesterday, she articulated it, tied it up in a ribbon and presented it as a cohesive package: "Jewish conspiracy." That includes poor Felix, his friends, the Mossad, 9/11 and now, the very judge herself.

I wallow in our freedoms and rights, but how is it possible that the law allows this pro per defense from an accused who is suffering from a mental condition that puts everyone around her in real danger?

yadler said:
I thought that, what with the sparse information that coming out of that trial being what it is, I smelled something that has on her mind. Yesterday, she articulated it, tied it up in a ribbon and presented it as a cohesive package: "Jewish conspiracy." That includes poor Felix, his friends, the Mossad, 9/11 and now, the very judge herself.

I wallow in our freedoms and rights, but how is it possible that the law allows this pro per defense from an accused who is suffering from a mental condition that puts everyone around her in real danger?

this is unbelievable!! :furious: i agree with the poster who said susan is "evil". that is a word i do not like to use very often, but i really think it fits in this case.

Susan believes that she is a most intelligent person but she doesn't have the common sense to see that she is working herself right into a 1st degree murder conviction. It is just pitiful. She really is insane. No one in their right mind could come up with all of the far out stories that she has come up with. To believe her would be to believe that her husband was mixed up in everything horrible that is possible to imagine. It would be to believe that her parents and family were the most evil people on earth and that everything possible was done to her and that they did everything possible that is evil.

To believe her would be to believe that the son she has that is worth anything is the son that is so messed up that he will probably follow in his mother's footsteps someday. He is already on his way.

To believe Susan would be to believe that the judge, Prosecutor, and her previous attorney have all gotten together and decided to make sure that Susan goes to prison. It would be to believe that Dan H. set that kid up to murder his wife when anyone who saw Dan interviewed after the murder of his wife would have no doubt how much he love his wife and how broken he was....that is outside of the DNA and evidence which proves that the kid did the murder. This woman is just plain wicked....evil.

I keep thinking that it can't get any worse or any further out there but then here she comes with another round of total B.S. that she must believe in her own sick mind. I don't think the jury has a doubt at all that this woman has to be put away for ever. She didn't kill her husband in self defense. He didn't have a paring knife....she did. What man in their right mind would get a paring knife to murder someone? A man would get a gun or a big knife that would go in deep. Personally, at this point I wouldn't have blamed Felix if he did want to get rid of her. I think that Felix Polk was a little off kilter but this woman is down right evil. How she got that way is beside the point. She is crazy and a murderer and I hope she pushes for 1st degree or nothing because she will end up with 1st degree murder and LWOP.

Susan is going to go ballistic if found guilty. The baliffs need to be hyperalert when the verdict is read. She will have nothing to lose and likely attack the prosecutor or judge whom she hates.

bobbi - agree totally with you analysis.

and becba, had not thought about it but you are right. she is a time-bomb!

I'm reminded of the old saying; a sane man will on occasion doubt his sanity--the madman never does.

izzyB said:
bobbi - agree totally with you analysis.

and becba, had not thought about it but you are right. she is a time-bomb!
I'd say there is a 50/50 chance of her losing it when the verdict is read. She is mentally disturbed yet not insane.
And what is up with a psychic being allowed to testify? You cannot prove or disprove beliefs like that. So what good does it do to allow that kind of testimony in?

Becba said:
I'd say there is a 50/50 chance of her losing it when the verdict is read. She is mentally disturbed yet not insane.
And what is up with a psychic being allowed to testify? You cannot prove or disprove beliefs like that. So what good does it do to allow that kind of testimony in?

I totally agree. Judge Brady has let that woman get away with turning that courtroom into Polk's kitchen, going so far as to even allow the pro per to argue that the prosecutor doesn't want to hear the psychic because even she makes more money that the DA. Imagine the level of Polk's mind and her being able to get away with it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marie Rowe
Back