CA - Dr. Felix Polk, 70, stabbed to death, Orinda, 14 Oct 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can't you just see a scenario for future California sentencing.......Maam, for check forgery you will pay a #0000 fine and six months in the same cell as Susan Polk .....

That would make any wanna be criminal take the straight and narrow!!!!!! LOL! ;)

Susan was found guilty of 2nd degree murder. After the verdict was read she turned to Valerie Harris and asked "why didn't they believe me?"

I listened to an interview with two of the jurors on Catherine Crier today and an interview with Eli Polk. The jurors said that they just couldn't find the murder premeditated. They didn't know if Susan brought the knife from the house or it had been in the guest/pool house. They didn't believe a lot of what she had to say but did believe that there was probably abuse on the side of both her and Felix. Gabe...her son...was very believable and lent a lot to the trial. They didn't believe a word Eli said and felt Susan had coached him. They said that even if she had had an attorney she would have been found guilty.....they just wouldn't have gotten to know Susan as well as they did!!!! They didn't believe that she was a battered wife because of her strong personality....controlling behavior. That isn't how it works.

Eli sniffed his way through the interview and of course he feels that everyone was against his mother. The verdict wasn't fair...blah blah blah.

Susan is going to be her own attorney in the appeals according to newspaper reports I read somewhere. Her and Valerie had them all ready to be filed before the verdict even came in. Or they had whatever paperwork that needs to be filed right away ready. Eli believes she will get a new trial....dream on Eli.

This code-six needs a lifetime of straitjackets and rubber rooms. I feel for this poor judge.

I couldn't even imagine being her children, my parents were bad enough and I turned out semi-ok, but her kids are going to need years upon years of therapy.

concernedperson said:
Can't you just see a scenario for future California sentencing.......Maam, for check forgery you will pay a #0000 fine and six months in the same cell as Susan Polk .....

That would make any wanna be criminal take the straight and narrow!!!!!! LOL! ;)
California would be the most law-abiding state in the union if that sentence was imposed. LMAO

Polk has a new attorney. He has requested and was granted a request to have sentencing postponed so that he can review the trial transcripts. He says he may ask for a new trial.
Prosecutors words to him were: "By Thanksgiving she'll hate you," Sequeira told Hoehn. "She hates everyone by Thanksgiving."

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=local&id=4341023

POSTED: 2:59 pm PDT August 14, 2006

MARTINEZ -- Nineteen Contra Costa County lawyers with experience in homicide cases have declined to represent Susan Polk in her upcoming sentencing hearing after being convicted in June of murdering her therapist husband.

The Contra Costa County Bar Association, which assigns attorneys for defendants, could not find any lawyer willing to step in as Polk's attorney, Superior Court Judge Laurel Brady said at a hearing Friday.

Attorney Charles Hoehn, who had tentatively agreed to represent Polk in July, stepped down, Brady said.

more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/news/9678099/detail.html

Susan is nuts...no doubt about it and probably very guilty of 1st degree murder. I would be nuts too if my psychiatrist sexually abused me when I was a teenager, emotionally controlled me before I could ever work through any dark issues about the time I was trying to form some identity, married me, fathered my children and was around when it all caught up to me...especially if I was unstable from the get go....good lesson for all you pedophiles...you never know what monsters you are creating...they just may come back and kill you (if there's any part of them left after you spiritually killed them)!

A woman who fatally stabbed her millionaire psychotherapist husband, whom she met as a 14-year-old girl in treatment, was sentenced Friday to 16 years to life in prison for murder.

Susan Polk received the maximum sentence after acting as her own lawyer in a trial permeated with theatrics, including discussion of her psychic powers and cross-examination of her own sons. An attorney representing her Friday said she planned to appeal.

http://cbs13.com/topstories/topstories_story_055003848.html

don't know if anyone will see this - but I saw on TV that there will be a show for her case:

"The Investigator" - Final Analysis: Susan Polk on Friday, March 23rd at 10pm PST on Court TV channel!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back