CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing this out there but could there have been 2 attackers working together? I just get this strong feeling that there was an older, mentor, father figure guiding the attacks. I feel the attacker was learning and that he was younger than people think.

Regarding muscular legs-ballet or musical stage dancer?

Just throwing this out there but could there have been 2 attackers working together? I just get this strong feeling that there was an older, mentor, father figure guiding the attacks. I feel the attacker was learning and that he was younger than people think.

Welcome to Ws sudokan!
Funny you should mention that because that is the same scenario running through my mind too, older perp instructing younger one.
Brothers or "father-figure" in the worse sense?
All speculation, imo.

No concrete evidence has ever showed up that more than 1 person was involved in the EAR & ONS attacks.

BUT, there are reports of victims that indicate that the attacker talked to an accomplice. This could have very well been a ruse...as actually only one person was heard talking. The EAR said a lot of things during the attacks, most of which was most likely to further confuse LE.

There are however at least two people connected to the Visalia Ransacker crimes as well as the Maggiore murders in Sac in 1978. Whether these have a link to EARONS are two of the major question marks in this baffling case for 40 years.

Just noticed a thread here for the UK's " Night Stalker ", who reminded me of EARS and wondered if he shared some traits in his daily non-criminal life, such as caring for a disabled wife, seemingly religious, compulsively tidy, polite and pleasant but could suddenly snap and become abusive, seen going out at odd times of night, but this was assumed to be due to his occasional job as cab driver, stopped the attacks for some years before resuming them, LE wonder if it was because he felt some guilt.

His approach shared some similarities to EARs, such as,
carefully planning his attacks, wore a mask , spoke in a whispering menacing voice, shined a flashlight on his victim's ( male and female) faces, who were asleep in bed, stealing small items but not using the cash/debit cards stolen, targeted the same type of house in the same vicinity, went under the radar for many years.
Just noting in case there is some clues to be gleaned from the UK stalker that may help in identifying EAR. FWIW, imo, speculation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delroy_Easton_Grant
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?91639-UK-Night-Stalker-suspect-arrested

ETA, interestingly, only recently have the UK LE suggested the possibility that the perp may have had an accomplice to his crimes

Hmm, nice find! Of course the cases are not connected per se but I was wondering if the UK rapist may have read about the EAR and kinda have been inspired by him? But then probably not as Ive always had the impression the EARONS case had very little exposure relative to the magnitude of this crime spree.

What strikes me as "special" is the surveillance/planing part and then spending lots of time in the victim's home. You dont find this MO often in rapists.

Ok here is my 2 cents. Perp is very young and nervous drinking beer taking beer from victims house, not old enough to buy beer? Wouldn't surprise me to find he stole cigarette's as well. The voice on the calls sound really young, nervous, frantic. Targeting middle class homes, wrecking them, anger at that lifestyle. Broken home? Father died? Change of lifestyle? Lost the house had a rougher life? Mother becomes angry harder on him, blames father for not being there to protect him , take care of family. Is that why he humiliates the male victim ? Stays in house cooks, walks around reliving better times? Very intelligent, quick learner, low self esteem, no control in own life, bullied , would be considered a nerd, geek, in real life.

One other thing, during the I'm gonna kill you call, the movie playing in the background is called breaking up. A movie about teen agers going through the emotion of their parents divorce. Did that strike a nerve in him? Make him call, lash out, hurt someone, like he was hurting?

It's more likely that EAR was sexually abused by some woman, probably his mother, and he took his rage out on other women.

As far as the origin of his obvious rage against women, I believe it was due to 'size'. There were many reports from victims that he was lightly endowed, although there was some variation on this, but a majority of victims noted it. I can image ear-ons as young man, perhaps being teased etc, and coming to the conclusion that women were 'mean' and that a normal relationship was not in the cards for him. I remember one report where the victim complimented his 'love making' (likely a survival move?), and he said no one had ever told him that. I think that may have been a sincere response on his part.

Women think about penis size while they are being raped? Considering the horror of the act, I find that hard to believe.

Hard to believe, but documented in Crompton and Shelby's books.

If the perp was into sports such as wrestling ect. he could purposely work at gaining / losing weight for upcoming competitions.
imo, speculation.

He was most likely a cyclist. Several witnesses saw him fleeing in bicycle. Another way he could have lost weight is through heavy use of drugs.

Interesting. Book ordered. The hard copy won't be here for a month, geesh!
Hi - thank you for your interest. Colette the book will be ready to ship on March 20 (just a few more days!) I hope you like it.
Anne

Hi - thank you for your interest. Colette the book will be ready to ship on March 20 (just a few more days!) I hope you like it.
Anne

Welcome to Ws Anne Penn!
:welcome:

I would agree with you that the attacker was younger than people thought and that at least in the beginning of the crimes he may have worked with an older person. I have thought it was possible it was an older and younger brothers combination. The murderer that he became as the Original Night Stalker he went out on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz