CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot even begin to comprehend the terror those communities felt. The breadth of his crimes is chilling to the bone. I, too, don’t know how he lived through it. ... If he did. Perhaps his end came much like you mentioned? Is that possible?

I would think if he was shot & killed entering a home, the cops would have connected the dots, at least I think since how the public was so terrified & detectives & police were out in full force looking for him.

He usually had a belt with holster like a cops belt from what several women that were raped said they felt around his waist.

Guy carried shoe strings with him, he usually carried a gym bag with 2 beers in it so he can drink while eating the peoples food.

I figure if he was killed during a break in &/or robbery, the detectives would have connected it to GSK/EAR.

Thing is, after he started to kill, he stopped in 1981, & almost 5 years later, in 1986, he rapes & kills an 18 year old girl......& disappears. Most profilers say guys like him just don't quit.

Its amazing if he just quit with how controlling he was & how much hatred he had for women.......some say he might have moved out of state, but the OCD pattern he had in his rapes, I don't if he would change it. Clenching threw his teeth & talking, etc......we can only guess what happened......& by the way, what the heck happened to everything he stole from the victims homes? It didn't end up in a pawn shop, that's for sure.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sun-...boca-rape-case-update-20141231-story,amp.html

Self-described 'Superthief' from Deerfield to stand trial in 1970s Boca rapes

Check out this link, this guy was a great jewel thief but was also a serial rapist......he was caught because of DNA 30 years later for the rapes.

They say he was one of the best cat burglars, but the guy had a sick mind wanting to rape women.

What is it with prolific serial burglars turning to rape?

Maybe Ears is a jeweler or artisan of some type with the patience and dexterity to tie fine knots, cut carefully through glass, sketch and covet dishware?
speculation.

After reading about every attack in detail from 1976 to 1986, it amazes me how people weren't sleeping with guns under their pillows.

There were a ton of incidents on prowling weeks & days before committing the crime......he was prowling homes up & down the block, I lost count of how many people actually saw this guys face w/o a mask as he was strolling threw people yards, front lawns, etc......

I know the media back then is nothing like it is today, internet, etc.....but world still got around. GSK is very lucky there wasn't someone waiting on him with a shotgun & as soon as he broke in, blast him.

He sometimes broke into the intended victims' homes while they were away and unloaded their guns, so they can't shoot him.

Maybe Ears is a jeweler or artisan of some type with the patience and dexterity to tie fine knots, cut carefully through glass, sketch and covet dishware?
speculation.

I'm starting to think GSK/EARS is the Howard Hughes of serial killers......I've tried to figure out his occupation, but with all the time & planning, voyerism, burglaries, etc......where did he find time to work? It seems his job was burglary & raping. Thing is, IMO, he wasn't burglarizing to make money from everything I've read. Some times he would leave money sitting there on a table & not take it with him.....once he broke into a safe, took the money but left the expensive jewelry......makes absolutely no sense to leave jewelry behind if he's making money from burglary?

Another question is where did GSK get all his cars he was driving around in.......witnesses saw a lot if different cars with suspicious men a lot around the neighborhoods before the crime.......did this guys family own a car lot or something?

He sometimes broke into the intended victims' homes while they were away and unloaded their guns, so they can't shoot him.

Yeah, I've read that, but why wouldn't they be sleeping with a loaded weapon under their pillow, & making sure its loaded beforehand......goodness sakes, if I heard there were 4 or 5 rapes within a mile radius of my house, & their were town meetings, etc......I would be scared I didn't shoot an innocent man running threw my yard at night, but I would be ready, a bit anxious, but ready. I still can't believe how he was breaking into homes & raping young girls with their father & mother sleeping a couple rooms down, kids in house, grandpa too. EARS had crystal balls.

I thought there was only one young girl, but she was alone and led from the house. She also never admitted to being raped, either because she was embarrassed or because EARS meant to take an older neighbor that looked a lot like the young girl.

I thought there was only one young girl, but she was alone and led from the house. She also never admitted to being raped, either because she was embarrassed or because EARS meant to take an older neighbor that looked a lot like the young girl.

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/02.php

This is attack #2, it was two sisters, 15 & 16 years old.......there are others as well, but I'm not going there all of them, if you wanna look threw, here are every attack in detail & they are numbered & dated........http://www.coldcase-earons.com/attacks.php

Okay, I see. I’ll have to go back and go over the single female assaults. Thank you for the link! I’ve only done a small amount of research. I’ve read Shelby’s book and just recently I read I’ll be gone in the dark. There were just so many attacks it’s hard to keep everything straight.

Just when I think I’ve heard the most terrifying whatever about this case, I read something like this. He was all about having ultimate control in every way. His breadth of planning is mind-boggling. I don’t see how he could hold a full-time job or sleep, as prolific as he was. 🤯

Okay, I see. I’ll have to go back and go over the single female assaults. Thank you for the link! I’ve only done a small amount of research. I’ve read Shelby’s book and just recently I read I’ll be gone in the dark. There were just so many attacks it’s hard to keep everything straight.

I know what you mean, just going by the shows I've seen on TV & reading sporadic articles online, I couldn't get the full aspect of all the victims until I read every attack in detail.

The link above has detailed events of prowling, break-ins, etc before each attack, then it goes into every attack in detail, & then it goes into detail about the events that followed the attacks, like phone calls to torment victims, etc.

Its a really good link, & you get in depth look into this rapist & killers' planning, prowling, etc.

Just when I think I’ve heard the most terrifying whatever about this case, I read something like this. He was all about having ultimate control in every way. His breadth of planning is mind-boggling. I don’t see how he could hold a full-time job or sleep, as prolific as he was. 🤯

Yeah, I don't see how this guy had a job.......his full time job was prowling, voyeurism, planning, scoping out homes, & where ever he got all those cars & bikes he was stealing.

I figure he was home by 7am, & probably slept for 4 to 6 hours, ate, etc........no way he had a regular job during his continuous attacks, I just don't see it, there's only 24 hours in a day.

Yeah, I don't see how this guy had a job.......his full time job was prowling, voyeurism, planning, scoping out homes, & where ever he got all those cars & bikes he was stealing.

I figure he was home by 7am, & probably slept for 4 to 6 hours, ate, etc........no way he had a regular job during his continuous attacks, I just don't see it, there's only 24 hours in a day.
This guy had a highly demanding job and still managed to prowl..
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...icer-in-the-military-and-also-a-serial-killer
[h=1]He Was a Top Officer in the Military, and Also a Serial Killer[/h][h=2]The story of Russell Williams, the air force colonel who shocked Canada, and how he was caught.[/h]

This guy had a highly demanding job and still managed to prowl..
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/...icer-in-the-military-and-also-a-serial-killer

I have recorded this on DVR about Russell, the detectives found video of himself dressing up in women's bras & panties, this guy was sick in the head as well, but it never showed in his daily life.......he assaulted only 2 or 3 women I think. He also says he broke into 82 homes which is a lot.

I think GSK broke into at least several hundred, he raped 50 women & killed 12, & still hasn't been caught.......Russell Williams was caught.

I really would be shocked if EAR/GSK had a job during most of the rapes.

Was reading on somewhere that a man was stopped & question after a rape back.in.the 1970's, the cops saw he had no.pants or underwear on, & they asked him why he wasn't wearing pants, he said he was out driving around looking for his cat.......were cops so naive or was this guy so good at convincing them.

Unreal.how they let him.go........does anyone have an article on this colossal mistake by the cops? I can't seem.to find any articles on it.

Was just watching Crime & Justice on HLN, they were talking about the GSK for about 20 minutes, & the host stated that the police received 81 tips on this case this past month.

Background noise is a TV show I think they said about evil. Like in the old days people had the newspaper to see whats on. Two sleuths following the case sent the recording to be analyze that's what they came up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee