CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also remember that the attack on JonBenet was a personal vendetta against John Ramsey, or so the FBI thinks. Could it be that he moved to Colorado, had some issue with him and took it out on his daughter?

Also remember that the attack on JonBenet was a personal vendetta against John Ramsey, or so the FBI thinks. Could it be that he moved to Colorado, had some issue with him and took it out on his daughter?
Although it is not a likely thing, imo. when dealing with a freaky and very nasty perp. anything is possible and perhaps his DNA should be compared to any and all especially bizzare cases.

Ears was not known to attack very young children, although some of his victims were underage.
JBR was just a little girl, but because she was " presented " as an older female, a perp could have been angered/triggered by that and responded accordingly. But if it was EAR , he would have definitely gone after the parents.imo, speculation.

Although it is not a likely thing, imo. when dealing with a freaky and very nasty perp. anything is possible and perhaps his DNA should be compared to any and all especially bizzare cases.

Ears was not known to attack very young children, although some of his victims were underage.
JBR was just a little girl, but because she was " presented " as an older female, a perp could have been angered/triggered by that and responded accordingly. But if it was EAR , he would have definitely gone after the parents.imo, speculation.

true but like i said the jonbenet murder was a personal vendetta, the fbi believes this because of the random ransom money amount, it was a very specific amount. There also has never been a similar murder to jonbenet's that we know of. It's very unlikely that this person only killed jonbenet, so where are his other murders? I also remember one of the last interviews with Patsy Ramsey, she said they had the dna but that it couldn't be compared or wasn't compared with the databases of other states. Although I don't recall jonbenet's killer to be a nonsecretor, so I guess that would automatically eliminate original night stalker.

There was an interesting thread on Reddit about possible EAR crimes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EARONS/comments/556bsr/possible_ear_crimes/

The most interesting one for me is:

April 18, 1974 - Eva Davidson Taylor (73)
  • Found dead in her home. Clubbed to death with a blunt instrument. The killer pried open her living room sliding glass door with a screwdriver. He took a costume jewelry locket and rings, leaving more expensive jewelry behind. The suspect also ransacked an underwear drawer.
  • A youth had been seen earlier in the evening jumping over her rear fence. There had been prowling in the neighborhood on the street behind her house. The victim’s daughter received hang up calls for many years, despite moving multiple times. Investigator Larry Pool apparently felt it may be connected to the EAR series.
  • Could this be the crime of a young EAR? Location, bludgeoning, theft of small items, and rummaging through drawers.

Could this be EAR, back when he was VR?

been-reading-it-since-the-afternoon-and-i-am-so-freaked-out-i-feel-he's-going-to-jump-in-front-of-me-at-any-minute-and-i-don't-even-live-in-the-us!

I felt the same way when I read Hunting a Psychopath and the Quester files.

I was looking up some other chat sites about EAR/ONS and a person on one of the sites said he did not believe VR was EAR/ONS. His examples in my opinion didn't really make sense. I post them here and you tell me what you think.

1. VR tried to kidnap Beth Snelling, EAR/ONS never kidnapped anyone.

*my answer to that..........Who say's he was trying to kidnap Beth? he was caught carrying her outside, EAR took a couple of his very young victims outside to assault them. When confronted by Professor Snelling he dropped Beth shot and killed Professor Snelling and kicked Beth in the head. He also fled on foot, if he was going to kidnap her you would think he would have a vehicle to put her in.

2. VR used dishes and improvised alarms on door knobs and in front of doors to alert him to anyone coming home, EAR/ONS put them on his victims to alert him if any of them moved or got free of their bindings.

*my response to that..........Both used the same types of items in their improvised alarms, and they used them however they were needed. VR didn't have his victims in their homes so he didn't have to worry about someone breaking free he needed to be warned about someone entering the home. EAR/ONS victims were in the home and restrained he need the alarm to alert him of an escape attempt or an escape. In my opinion they are the same.

Let me know what your thoughts on this are and add anything I forgot or if you don't agree let me know that to!

I think it's clear that Ear/ons was someone who adapted to circumstance. That's why he was so successful in his attacks. No criminal can ever guarantee their plan will work or go as wanted, especially when humans are involved. So I think there will be differences in some crime scenes that he wouldn't have planned for but dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many eye witnesses to EAR and several eye witnesses to VR. The sightings are pretty consistent in that EAR seems to have a slim, athletic build while VR tended to have a rather husky build.

The actual crimes are different but there is a pattern that would suggest that VR was young and immature while ER was an older, more experienced criminal. The time between the two would be consistent with a youthful offender maturing a little, but there is still the problem of the different body type.

There are many eye witnesses to EAR and several eye witnesses to VR. The sightings are pretty consistent in that EAR seems to have a slim, athletic build while VR tended to have a rather husky build.

The actual crimes are different but there is a pattern that would suggest that VR was young and immature while ER was an older, more experienced criminal. The time between the two would be consistent with a youthful offender maturing a little, but there is still the problem of the different body type.

One of the things that is talked about on the Quester files is the reaction from the search dogs. I guess when they caught his scent they went nuts, slobbering and very agitated. That is a reaction to something in his chemical make up that the dogs are reacting to. A couple theories were floated, one is heavy drug use. two is a genetic issue, that could answer the very high pitched voice and the small penis etc. I find it hard to believe that a heavy drug user could pull off such a well planned and executed crime spree for so long, over a decade. if he was a drug user that could have led to some weight loss and the difference in his weight.

He went from burglar (VR) to rapist ( EAR) to Serial killer (ONS).

Pretty scary evolution

If he was dead don't you think someone would have come forward with his trophies? Or would that be too far fetched? Unless he doesn't have any family, I have a feeling he has no family and no real distinction in his community, but he did take several items, they have to be somewhere. Zodiac didn't take anything, if he died no one would have been the wiser. I believe BTK had everything, from pictures and stuff, if he had died they would have been discovered.

If he was dead don't you think someone would have come forward with his trophies? Or would that be too far fetched? Unless he doesn't have any family, I have a feeling he has no family and no real distinction in his community, but he did take several items, they have to be somewhere. Zodiac didn't take anything, if he died no one would have been the wiser. I believe BTK had everything, from pictures and stuff, if he had died they would have been discovered.

That's the only way I can see him getting caught. His children or grandchildren coming across mysterious trophies or jewelleries and reporting it to the police.

I hope he is still alive, so he can face the justice. He would be in his late 50's or 60's now.

One of the things that is talked about on the Quester files is the reaction from the search dogs. I guess when they caught his scent they went nuts, slobbering and very agitated. That is a reaction to something in his chemical make up that the dogs are reacting to. A couple theories were floated, one is heavy drug use. two is a genetic issue, that could answer the very high pitched voice and the small penis etc. I find it hard to believe that a heavy drug user could pull off such a well planned and executed crime spree for so long, over a decade. if he was a drug user that could have led to some weight loss and the difference in his weight.

TheVShasatotallydifferentface.

That's the only way I can see him getting caught. His children or grandchildren coming across mysterious trophies or jeweleries and reporting it to the police.

I hope he is still alive, so he can face the justice.

I-hope-he-is-alive-too,and-my.amateur-hunch-is-that-he-is,however-i-don't-feel-like-he-has-a-family-or-any-children.

TheVShasatotallydifferentface.

That is debatable, None of EAR victims saw his face, many of the sketches from witnesses were of a stranger seen in the neighborhood. That is why if you look up composites of EAR you get several and none are distinctive. As far as VR his description was also questioned. He was once described as being possibly mentally handicapped or slow, and heavy set. I find that hard to believe that someone who is mentally handicapped could pull off 125+ break ins, an abduction and murder, shot the flash light out of a cops hands and avoid being caught for months, he also had cat like reflexes and was able to jump fences, get on roofs and evade capture. He stole bikes to flee his crimes, sound familiar? Eyewitness testimony and descriptions are notoriously unreliable, I've read and been told that many of the investigators including the FBI thinks VR is EAR, if the difference in description was a that major of a player why would LE think they are one in the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72