CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
which composite do you think is very distinctive?
All of them. And they all show the same person. A long face is a very uncommon face, it's usually an ugly face too, no offense meant, I have a long face too. There is nothing common about it. Maybe he is not attractive, maybe he is insecure and that is why his face is not paid attention to, but it is not common. I'd be able to recognize it.

which composite do you think is very distinctive?

I think he's talking about these

fbi-wanted.png
rm-shooter2.png

rm-shooter1.png

They do look similar.

I think he's talking about these

fbi-wanted.png
rm-shooter2.png

rm-shooter1.png

They do look similar.
His face just freaks me out, I don't know why, he doesn't look that scary compared to Ramirez's sketch which wasn't accurate in my opinion, but he gives me the chills, and for the past two days I've gotten them just thinking about him. There is apparently a show coming up from CNN, and I saw3 on youtube clips of a documentary called Bird With Broken Wing, I think that's what we need, more exposure. In spite of being one of the worst serial killers I don't think people really know about him. I know for me, being a lifelong true crime reader, I never paid attention to him, I saw one documentary on Cold Case Files and that was it, I didn't even flinch, now he scares me.

His face just freaks me out, I don't know why, he doesn't look that scary compared to Ramirez's sketch which wasn't accurate in my opinion, but he gives me the chills, and for the past two days I've gotten them just thinking about him. There is apparently a show coming up from CNN, and I saw3 on youtube clips of a documentary called Bird With Broken Wing, I think that's what we need, more exposure. In spite of being one of the worst serial killers I don't think people really know about him. I know for me, being a lifelong true crime reader, I never paid attention to him, I saw one documentary on Cold Case Files and that was it, I didn't even flinch, now he scares me.

True, this case needs more exposure. This guy is way more interesting than the likes of Zodiac Killer.

True, this case needs more exposure. This guy is way more interesting than the likes of Zodiac Killer.
I've always read up on killers, none of them scare me, not even Jack The Ripper, after reading the quest files a few days ago I haven't been at ease since, and I don't even live in the US!

It is interesting how different people interpret a situation. I happen to find the above composites not creepy at all, I think he looks like an attractive young guy almost surfer dudish (did I just make up a word?)

One of the biggest road blocks has been the description and the lack of anything other then a small ****** as being a stand out feature. Most of the composites for one reason or another aren't seen as very helpful, which is rather obvious since he hasn't been caught. One of his victims daughters says she saw a bull tattoo on his forearm. I think that is very distinctive, they got nothing from that. I believe because it was fake. He was a master at mis-direction, dropping fake clues ie. "he just needed food and he go back to his van" and the whining about his mommy, I think he played a roll. I think he was very smart and had some knowledge on how investigations worked, I don't think it is a coincidence that he all but stopped offending (that we know of) when DNA started playing a roll in criminal cases. Many have wondered why the long pauses between murders, I think he was well aware that if he committed murders like he did the rapes there would be national guard in the streets. He most definitely did not want to get caught, he demonstrated more then once that he would kill a witness if need be to escape capture.

Some of the interesting stuff EAR said:

July 17, 1976 ‘Shut up. I have a knife and if you don’t shut up I can kill you." ----....told me to shut up. He said he already tied my sister up. -----"Get your hands behind your back." -----"You do everything I want and I’ll fill my bag and leave" ---‘If you move or make the bed twinge, I’ll kill you" ----"Play with it, play with it."---"Have you ever *advertiser censored**ed before?" -----‘Where’s the money?"---"I knew when I saw you at the junior prom I had to *advertiser censored** you" ---- "I’m in love with it. I’m in love with your *advertiser censored**ing body."---- ‘Where’s the doctor’s drugs? I looked in the refrigerator and they’re not there"

September 4, 1976 "Said he would kill her if she didn’t do it. ......... Kept threatening to kill her.....Told her he was going to Bakersfield and needed money ......A couple of times he told her he was in the army."

Oct 17, 1976 “Ssssshhhhut up!” -----“Do exactly as I tell you or I’ll kill you. I’ll butcher you all to pieces"---- “I’m going to kill you if you don’t get him (the dog) ----“Shut him up!” ----“Who else is in the house?” ----“If you move, I will kill you.” -----“Don’t move. If you do, it will take s-s-seconds off his life. If you do what I s-s-say, you won’t get hurt. I’ll be gone in a little while. If you don’t do as I s-s-say, I’ll k-k-kill you all.” ----“Sit down,” ---- “Where’s your money?” ---- “You’re beautiful” ----“On the floor” ----“You have a beautiful body"---- “Do you lay out in the sun?” ----“You lied. You said there was no more money. I’m going to k-k-kill you for lying. There was m-m-more m-m-money in the desk.” -----“If you don’t do as I say, I’ll kill you and the kids” ----- “Play with it”----“If you scream or do anything, I’ll kill you. You better not fight me” -----“I’ll cut your *advertiser censored***in’ fingers off... (to get the victim's rings)---- “Take the rings off or I’ll kill you” ---- “Your body is beautiful” ---- “Suck on it” ----- “No one ever said that before (that he was a good lover, victim tried to placate him) Most people just laugh at me.” ----“Yes (affirming he liked compliments). People make fun of me, especially since something happened to my face." ----"I need to know what time it is. Where’s your clock?” -----(to son) “You better not move or I’ll kill your mother.” ---- “When will your husband be home? You better tell me the same as your son or I’ll kill you all. Don’t lie to me.”

November 10, 1976 “Shut up or I’ll kill you"---- “Shut that dog up or I’ll kill it” ----“Get up” ---“Turn around” ---- “Don’t move or you’ll be dead and I’ll be gone in the night” ----“Where’s your money?” ----“Damn, no money. Ah, man, no money” ---- “Do you like to ****?” -----“Do you have a boyfriend? Does he **** you?” ----“Shut up. If you don’t shut up you’ll be silent forever and I’ll be gone in the dark.” ----- “Sit down” ---- “This isn’t working right”---- “I know you, don’t I?” ---- “Do you go to American River College?” -----“You’re lying. What’s your name?” -----“I have to wait for my parents to leave so I can go home” ---- “I’m going to take off in my car” ----“Within the next twenty minutes make one move and you’ll be silent forever and I’ll be off in the dark”

May 17, 1977 "Wake up. Wake up. I’ve got a gun. Don’t move." ----started banging on the door with his hand and telling us to wake up---- told me to lie down... told both of us to get on our stomachs---- "I’m going to tie you up. I’m going to take all your money and jewels." ----told Joan to tie my hands ----asked Joan where her purse was.... told her to go with him to find it and if it wasn’t there, he would kill her---said if he heard the dishes fall or any noise, he would kill (my wife)--- said if I made a noise, he would kill me----stuttered some when he talked----"You tell those *advertiser censored**ing pigs that I could have killed two people tonight. If I don’t see that all over the papers and television, I’ll kill two people tomorrow night." ---- said he was going into the kitchen and cook and eat something... said if he heard any noise he would kill my wife ---said (to wife) "L-l-l-ook at me." --"Do you hear me? I have a .45 magnum." ---told me to pull the covers down off me----ordered us to roll onto our stomachs ---told me to tie (husband up)....kept telling me to tie him tighter...said he was going to kill everyone in the house if I didn’t do what he said....said if we didn’t move or yell he wouldn’t hurt anyone in the house---- told Frank to shut up and if he said one more thing he’d kill---"She’s dead. She’s dead."---- said he was going to get something to eat and get everything he needed---- said if he heard anything, he would kill everything in the house---- said he couldn’t find my purse---- said if I was lying he would kill me, and then told me to help him find it---- told Frank he would kill me if he moved----"She’s dead. The first thing you’ll hear is two shots."----told me to lie on my stomach -----said if I did everything he asked me to, he wouldn’t hurt me----said he wanted more money...said he knew we had more---- said if (coins) weren’t there he would kill me----"Rub me."---- told me to suck it...if I didn’t he would kill everyone in the house....kept calling me Joan----"Oh, Joan, that feels good. I like that, Joan.’ ----said he was going to get some beer and food and go into the backyard and eat and drink for about an hour----said if he heard the dishes, he would come back and kill for the first time----"Those *advertiser censored**ers, those *advertiser censored**ers, those pigs. I’ve never killed before, but I’m going to now. Listen, do you hear me? I want you to tell those *advertiser censored**ers, those pigs. I’m going to go home to my apartment and I have bunches of televisions. I’m going to listen to the radio and watch television and if I hear about this, I’m going to go out tomorrow night and kill two people. People are going to die."----stuttering when he talked.----"Those *advertiser censored**ers, those *advertiser censored**ers, those pigs, those pigs, those *advertiser censored**ers. I’m going to kill them, too."----"Okay, tell them I’m going to kill those *advertiser censored**ers. ---- ‘I’ll kill everything in the house and then I’ll leave in the night.---" I have something for you to tell the *advertiser censored**ing pigs. They got it mixed up the last time. I said I would kill two people. I’m not going to kill you. If this is on the T.V. or in the paper tomorrow, I’ll kill two people"----"Are you l-l-listening? Do you hear me?" ---"I have T.V’s in my apartment and I’ll be watching them. If this is on the news, I’ll kill two people."---- "It scares my mommy when it’s on the news.(said this twice)."

October 29, 1977 said he would blow our heads off... said ‘tie him.’----"*****, I’ll blow your brains out if you try something like that again."----told me to tie him right----accused me of trying to untie Eric----told me to get up----said if I tried anything he would kill me---- told me to lie down on my stomach -----told me to play with him and that I better make it good----told me to shut up or he would cut off my ear---- told me to suck on him---- said (sobbing), ‘I’m sorry, Mom...Mommy, please help me, I don’t want to do this, mommy.’ over and over....sobbing and hyperventilating-----started crying again---"Mommy, I don’t want to do this. Someone please help me“----he said he was going to watch television and for me to keep my mouth shut----constantly threatened me and kept calling me ***** and used the word ‘*advertiser censored***ing’ a lot. At first he kept saying he only wanted food and money for his van and he would go.----told me to ‘shut my ****ing mouth.’

January 28, 1978
“Get all of your money or I’ll kill you”---- “Go wake up your sister. Don’t make any noise or look at me”----“Don’t look at me. You look at me and I’ll kill you. Get your money” ---- “Don’t look at me” ----“Get on the bed. On your stomachs.” ---- “If you move I’ll slit your throats and slip away in the fog” ---- “What time will your parents be home?” ----“Don’t lie or I’ll kill you and when they get home I’ll kill them, too” ---- “Shut up” ---- “Spread your legs” ---- “Relax” ---- “Don’t talk to each other or I’ll kill you” ---- heard him whimpering in a high pitched voice like that of a child---- “Where’s your parents’ money?” ---- “It’s not there” ----“I don’t want to do this anymore. She’s making me do it”

July 6, 1978
"Don’t move or I’ll blow your ****in’ head off. I’m going to blow your ****in’ head off, do you see this gun?"----told her several times that he would ‘blow her ****in’ head off' and kill her kids---told her to lie on her belly ---- mentioned her two boys and said all he wanted was food and money for his van.”---- kept telling her he would ‘blow her *advertiser censored**in’ head off’ if she made a noise--- stuttered at times----sobbing at one point and said something like, ‘I hate you, Bonny. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you’

https://www.reddit.com/r/EARONS/comments/46ib74/things_earons_said_part_one_1976/
https://www.reddit.com/r/EARONS/comments/47aa7n/things_earons_said_part_two_1977/
https://www.reddit.com/r/EARONS/comments/490ezv/things_earons_said_part_three_1978/

Stuff about him being in the army and his mommy are definitely false clues, to confuse the cops. He was probably inspired by the movie Psycho.

http://www.thequesterfiles.com/html/the_east_area_rapist__aka_the_.html

This is the best website to read about EAR. All the cases are well detailed. Victims' and witnesses' statements as well.

Thank you for recommending The Quester Files website. It is a great resource for everything concerning the EARONS crimes.

Have you all read the information that Quester provides on a potential POI? I read it last night and then revisited it this morning and it is extremely intriguing. I'm referring to the person that Quester refers to as, RP and RAP.

Here's a link just in case anyone would like to check it out. I'm curious as to what you all may think. Personally, I think Quester is probably correct about this person:
http://www.thequesterfiles.com/html/person_of_interest--_ear_ons--.html

Thank you for recommending The Quester Files website. It is a great resource for everything concerning the EARONS crimes.

Have you all read the information that Quester provides on a potential POI? I read it last night and then revisited it this morning and it is extremely intriguing. I'm referring to the person that Quester refers to as, RP and RAP.

Here's a link just in case anyone would like to check it out. I'm curious as to what you all may think. Personally, I think Quester is probably correct about this person:
http://www.thequesterfiles.com/html/person_of_interest--_ear_ons--.html
Is there a picture of RAP? In another forum there are lots of posts about persons of interest, do you think any regular person could solve this?

This is a picture of RAP if anyone was wondering:
attachment.php

He looks nothing like any of the sketches, which takes some credibility away from Quester, but the face shape is correct, however the features are not. It's surprising that none of the sketches has lead anywhere because to me his face is completely out of the ordinary, if I knew him I would recognize it.

Does anyone have any verifiable info on the sketches? Apparently these are the only true sketches of the killer, or one of both is:

attachment.php
attachment.php

This is my favorite sketch, wish there was more info:
attachment.php

These are superimpositions of the sketch I prefer and the only sketches known to be of the killer I did on photoshop:

attachment.php

Attachments

• RP himself.png
    RP himself.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 238
  • cropped-originalnightstalkermurder.jpg
    cropped-originalnightstalkermurder.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 10809850_G.jpg
    10809850_G.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 228
  • 1080985063_G.jpg
    1080985063_G.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 221
This is the rest I did:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I can count on one hand the number of people with long faces I have met in my 33 years. A handsome long face is even rarer than a regular long face.

Attachments

• 10809850_6G.jpg
    10809850_6G.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 190
  • 10809850_G3.jpg
    10809850_G3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 193
  • 10809850_G2.jpg
    10809850_G2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 195
Does anyone have any verifiable info on the sketches? Apparently these are the only true sketches of the killer, or one of both is:

attachment.php
attachment.php

These are the most accurate sketches of EAR.

Most of the other sketches were of a suspicious young man seen by the Victims' neighbours before the attacks.

Is there any more information on the clearer more detailed sketch that I prefer? Also, I just saw this random guy on facebook, I apologize if this is against the rules, he has NOTHING TO DO WITH EAR, just posting to demonstrate that this is the face type that should be sought:

attachment.php

I don't think people are really understanding the sketches, they don't seem to understand his facetype at all.

Attachments

• 15697632_10210532613144582_667420113649050247_n.jpg
    15697632_10210532613144582_667420113649050247_n.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 189
Most of the composite sketches seem to indicate that the perp may have eyes that show white under the iris, commonly known as sanpaku.
Wondering if that would be Ears usual appearance, or one that happens when he is in an agitated, crazy killer state?
imo, speculation.

Is there a picture of RAP? In another forum there are lots of posts about persons of interest, do you think any regular person could solve this?

At one point the blogger posted a photo of RAP that only showed his mouth. It was from his High School Year Book. It was totally a match with the sketch, and I could definitely see the resemblance. It really showed the suspects strange underbite.

Quester also shared that some of the ProBoards dedicated to solving this cold case had posted this POI (RAP's) entire high school photo. I haven't had any luck finding the full photo, even though I have searched and searched. In fact, I can no longer even find the photo just showing his mouth. It could still be there and I'm just unable to find it, though.

I do believe that this case may well be solved by a dedicated person who is willing to dig into any clues available.

I read that Michelle McNamara was set to name a POI in her upcoming book. Her husband, Patten Oswalt, has said that he will finish her book soon and make it available. He is working with a historian to get the book completed. I sure hope she spoke about her POI aloud with her husband.

This is a picture of RAP if anyone was wondering:
attachment.php

He looks nothing like any of the sketches, which takes some credibility away from Quester, but the face shape is correct, however the features are not. It's surprising that none of the sketches has lead anywhere because to me his face is completely out of the ordinary, if I knew him I would recognize it.

attachment.php
attachment.php

This is my favorite sketch, wish there was more info:
attachment.php

These are superimpositions of the sketch I prefer and the only sketches known to be of the killer I did on photoshop:

attachment.php

I can't thank you enough for posting these sketches and photos, LetThemEatCake. Thank you!!! I've searched but couldn't find them.

Here are the sketches that Quester was referring to when he named RAP as his POI.
ear1977.jpg
earlineup3.jpg
1976suspect_icyu2.jpg

In these sketches, I can easily see the resemblance to the photos. But, it is hard to know for certain since these aren't the sketches that the FBI went with on their last update. But, back when this was happening in the area, this sketch was the one that the local newspapers were going with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bxvice