CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.coldcase-earons.com/attack-list.php

Oh Gosh. He was sacked in August '79. His last crime in Sacramento and CCC areas was July '79. His first crime in SoCal (Goleta) was 1 Oct '79. It was botched. Then the next crime was 3 months later again in Goleta on 30 Dec '79, the murders of Drs Offenham and Manning.

JMO... the dog repellent & hammer were likely used for breaking/entering/creeping... not as a murder weapon. (However, my opinion could change I suppose)

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04...at-the-cases-that-resulted-in-murder-charges/

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/ons2.php

Second link shows details of the murders of Drs Offenham and Manning.
No sexual assaults, both were shot. Evidence of a dog at the scene with the perp. (JJD not charged with this as yet)

I believe there has been 13 murders altogether 7 being shot and 6 being bludgeoned. JJD has been charged with the Maggiore shootings I understand ATM but LE have said to expect more charges. Was there DNA found at the Maggiore murders DWK?

Adding the first link that states JJD has been charged with 8 murders so far and lists them.

The victim was a virgin. Despite being raped three times, the victim's hymen was reportedly still intact, which was a surprising find. Sacramento Medical Center staff said that it probably meant that the assailant was under-endowed, at least in terms of length.

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/10.php

Okay I'm refreshing my memory and finding things that are odd.
Also finding actual medical evidence supporting that "not well endowed" statement.
I found this tidbit to be quite interesting. I'm guessing he's extremely small if that's the case.
I mean tampons have caused tears to the hymen.... so wow.

Which brings up the question of why in the world he raped them at all?
Wouldn't he not want to reveal his small member?
Why would he walk around without pants on, if he was so small?

It just seems contrary to how I would think a man in that situation would behave.
So much about this is just WEIRD and not logical behavior.

You would think so.....(personal experience this case made me think of)

When I was in my late teens, my friend and I were on a holiday in Majorca, doing the teens rite of travelling with friends to party in Europe which is kind of a thing here.

You meet tons of people from all over and end up grouping up together. Well one night, one of the guys who was like the joker out of a group of guys was running between the rooms of the apartments naked and all us girls who had become friends turned to each other with mouths like goldfish. Then we were all like “whaaa?” All I could contribute eventually was that I had changed my six month nephew’s nappy before coming on holiday and it was the same size. It was. No bigger than my thumb and he was doing this all the time and they are egging him on these guys.

It was like he had no clue. No shame in running around starkers. However I think with this guy the rape was more control. I do wonder how much of his size was made public at the time though because surely it may have made someone wonder.

A Monster in Auburn’s Midst?
Alleged Golden State killer a testy cop, next-door neighbor in 1970s Auburn

For three years, Auburn harbored a nightmare in the Jekyll-and-Hyde guise of a serial killer many of the kids in town knew as The Crazy Cop.

That’s the bizarre scenario that Cheryl Brown is trying to get her head around after Wednesday’s bombshell revelation that her family’s next-door neighbor in Auburn during the late 1970s was the Golden State Killer.

We were saying ‘Oh my God, it’s The Crazy Cop,’” Brown said.

Relations between Brown’s family and next-door-neighbor DeAngelo were always testy, particularly when it came to his dislike of their dog, Brown said.

“There was a war of words over the fence,” she said. “He didn’t seem to like kids or dogs and he moved into a neighborhood with lots of kids and dogs. He was an odd duck.”

Then Worthless, the family dog, unexpectedly died.

Brown’s mother confronted DeAngelo after learning from a veterinarian that the cause was poisoned meat.

Brown said she looks back now with a new and chilling perspective on that time.

“I absolutely believe he did it,” Brown said.

http://www.auburnjournal.com/article/4/29/18/monster-auburn’s-midst

Its a long article......

Worthless was the family dog’s name? Hahahaaaa! Sorry, that made me laugh. Wonder if that was around the time that The Jerk movie was out. Steve Martin’s character, Navin, had a dog named sh**head.

When I was in my late teens, my friend and I were on a holiday in Majorca, doing the teens rite of travelling with friends to party in Europe which is kind of a thing here.

You meet tons of people from all over and end up grouping up together. Well one night, one of the guys who was like the joker out of a group of guys was running between the rooms of the apartments naked and all us girls who had become friends turned to each other with mouths like goldfish. Then we were all like “whaaa?” All I could contribute eventually was that I had changed my six month nephew’s nappy before coming on holiday and it was the same size. It was. No bigger than my thumb and he was doing this all the time and they are egging him on these guys.

It was like he had no clue. No shame in running around starkers. However I think with this guy the rape was more control. I do wonder how much of his size was made public at the time though because surely it may have made someone wonder.

Yeah strange re the GSK perhaps it was part of the whole thing - running around half mast and the length of time he sometimes left them while he ransacked, then the assault and rape. He also didn't want them looking at him as he had to blindfold them and tie their hands behind them. I do now believe all the build up was necessary for him.

BBM

I have the same question.

Had to laugh at your story about the streaker. Reminds me of David Niven's great ad lib "stripped off and showing his shortcomings".

Another suspicious one... Read the comment by James Lundgren on this article. How did he get so much right? It's almost like he is telling a story about himself.

http://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/update-was-the-golden-state-killer-a-cowboy/

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

He got more wrong than right. Deangelo was Navy, not Rangers or special forces. He did go to college and graduate. Way too many key details wrong to say that guy has "suspicious" knowledge. There are probably a lot more accurate profiles than that floating around online. Doesn't mean their authors knew anything.

from what I can tell she isn't meek and mild.
according to neighbours "who dont want to be named" she gave him verbally as good as he her.
out on the street for everyone to hear and see.
she must have had a restraining order on him as he never stepped foot in her house according to neighbours.

toxic communication is very telling.
she dispises him.
hope she spills the beans,being a lawyer she is likely to stay quiet for simple self preservation. maybe they will cut her a deal to get her talking.
Curious why you think they would "cut her a deal"? We haven't seen any evidence that she was involved or complicit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The victim was a virgin. Despite being raped three times, the victim's hymen was reportedly still intact, which was a surprising find. Sacramento Medical Center staff said that it probably meant that the assailant was under-endowed, at least in terms of length.

http://www.coldcase-earons.com/10.php

Okay I'm refreshing my memory and finding things that are odd.
Also finding actual medical evidence supporting that "not well endowed" statement.
I found this tidbit to be quite interesting. I'm guessing he's extremely small if that's the case.
I mean tampons have caused tears to the hymen.... so wow.

Which brings up the question of why in the world he raped them at all?
Wouldn't he not want to reveal his small member?
Why would he walk around without pants on, if he was so small?

It just seems contrary to how I would think a man in that situation would behave.
So much about this is just WEIRD and not logical behavior.

It's not about sex, it's about power and control! His desire for power and to humiliate these women was so overwhelming that it overrode his embarrassment.

Intellectually lazy? I strongly disagree.

Why would they have any reason to search for or care about what their father was up to before they were born, especially if it was never discussed in the household? And especially if they had zero reason to suspect him in these crimes??

Large, publicly searchable news clip databases are relatively new, and are often used for things like deep-dive genealogy research and investigative reporting. Why would his children be into that? It doesn’t seem logical to me, nor does it seem intellectually lazy.

Gotta agree with you there. Not sure I've ever Googled my parents. And if I did, I wouldn't expect to find anything that happened prior to 1990, let alone 1979. Plus, the 1979 firing and shoplifting conviction isn't likely something that Google would even hit on until his arrest last week. It's not like full archives of 1970s community newspapers are 100% searchable and available publicly online. I really don't think it's fair to cast aspersions on his daughters or his ex-wife. They are victims in this too. The sense of betrayal must be earth-shattering for them.

This happens every time a new serial criminal is caught. "How could the wife/family not have suspected anything???!!!" Fact is, Deangelo completely evaded experienced investigators for over 4 decades. He committed all his EARS and Visalia Ransacker crimes while a police officer, totally fooling two sets of police colleagues. Pulling the wool over his wife's and kids' eyes would have been second nature for him. He had the perfect cover for his frequent nocturnal absences in the early years - he was a police officer. Night shift would have been a normal thing for him. After he got fired in 1979, his crimes became more vicious, but far less frequent. By the time his daughters were born, his attacks were separated by months and years, not days. It's easy to cover for occasional absences. We don't know what he was doing for a living from September 1979 until he started at the warehouse in 1990. He may have had another job or business that offered perfect cover for night time absences.

Even if that happened to a tee, I am not following how anyone could believe that turned him into the monster he is. Maybe the joke is on us because there are even more crimes he committed that we are not aware of that preceded all of this.

I agree. Serial killers don't just develop overnight. They grow into it. Many start off Ransacking,peeping,panti raiding, or even before then ( Ted Bundy arranged bucher knives blades pointing towards her,around his sleeping aunt at the tender age of three)
He just wants everyone to think Bonnie is to blame for it all. As if he wouldn't have done any of this if not for her.
What a crock of bull. As if she hadn't wised up and she went ahead and married him he would have been a sweet,lovable, Angel.
He's deflecting It's what Sociopaths do.
Shout out to Bonnie. Don't let him victim shame you. Hold your head up high.

He got more wrong than right. Deangelo was Navy, not Rangers or special forces. He did go to college and graduate. Way too many key details wrong to say that guy has "suspicious" knowledge. There are probably a lot more accurate profiles than that floating around online. Doesn't mean their authors knew anything.
Yes I suppose anything is possible. I wondered if maybe he got a degree after the fact to show Bonnie he was good enough. Not sure if the timeline supports that though.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. Not sure if would be her,but it does seem he had an accomplice at least occasionally.
I could swear I remember that being mentioned, but couldn't remember where from.

I've read and heard bits and pieces of this case over the years. I must admit since the case has so many victims and spans over decades it's confusing. Kudos to those that followed it faithfully since the 70's and since websleuths inception.

Has anyone here linked to what “dog repellant” is made of? Especially back then? It is like mace?

Online, I’m seeing ingredients like ammonia, oleoresin capsaicin, cayenne pepper, vinegar, black pepper, mustard oil, clove oil, citronella, garlic, citrus oil, mothballs, coffee grounds, rubbing alcohol ... options go on and on.

Because any of the above would make a perp smell super funky awful, IF DeAngelo used it — or made his own.

I wonder what 70s-era store-bought were usually made of?? And if was like today’s “mace”

1) why would he risk getting it on himself while our committing an attack,

2) would he use it on a pet when he “cased” a house as a way to “train” the dog to stay away.... and

3) if is was like today’s mace, why was it never used on his victims or attackers (as far as we know)?

Anyone have a copy of the shoplifting report? Would it state what brand of dog repellent he stole? A few pages back a poster posted the ingredients of a 70's brand, and another poster a photo of vintage dog repellents. Hartz Haltz! and Ridz.

Even if that happened to a tee, I am not following how anyone could believe that turned him into the monster he is. Maybe the joke is on us because there are even more crimes he committed that we are not aware of that preceded all of this.
I agree. Just like the next door family to the "Crazy Cop" whom they believe poisoned their dog. There were probably many odd occurrences and items from people he lived near or worked with that came up missing, little things they thought they lost or misplaced because they weren't valuable enough for someone to steal.
I also find it hard to believe he stopped in 1981 and finally for good in 1986. Possibly he went on meds or even spent some time in an institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CouchdetectiveC