CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So his crimes began the year he became a cop and got married. He really abused the trust of the community. Almost like he became a cop to purposely be able to commit those crimes.
:cow:

Yeah, this is why I think Prop 69 (DNA) should include those social servants in a position of public trust. They adopted this legislation specifically for this criminal-suspect and the guy was on the opposite end of the law-the law itself. A presumption of "good guy" was a terrible fallacy in this case and caused tremendous suffering. I SAY NO MORE!

I guess I'm more snoopy than others but if I was married to a man who was gone for 2-4 hours a night with no real explanation or friends (that we know of), for an albi I'd start wondering what the heck was going on.
I'd assume an affair or after the local news of a serial rapist worse!
Esp. if he came hour, with cuts, bruises, exhausted, sweaty, smelling odd with scratch marks.
Maybe not everyone has a detective's mind. I was born inquistive and question anything out of place.

:ditto:

Yes, me, too. There were, ~ 12 murders and 50 rapes. Granted, they were not back-to-back, but these all occurred in the dead of night when most married people are home in bed. I'm thinking he either worked odd shifts, or claimed he was filling in for the night shift guy. He was pretty slick to get these absences past his wife, IMHO. I know it's none of our business, but I'd like to know what he told her.

Could he have been a house-husband, stay-at-home dad during that time-frame?

Now it's getting confusing with Salty Dog and dog repellent. All we need is hair of the dog and we have a hat trick. :smile:

I have to admit I'm obsessed with the shoplifting of dog repellent + a hammer, the strange order a few women reported, and dogs stayed clear of him.
I'm like a dog with a bone. I think it plays a significant role.

Their reason given was that they wanted to redirected resources allocated to the D.B. Cooper case to other investigative priorities. If they don't want to search for D.B. Cooper's DNA in DNA databases, I would hope they would at least make his DNA samples available to private investigators, so they can do it.

gotcha. Violent recent crimes should take priority. I'm sure his identity will be revealed one day. Most people believe he died from the jump.

One Daughter (MD) is now believed to be 36 years of age with a birth year of roughly 1982. This is believed to be a crime free period starting in 1982-1985 and only one more in May 1986. Precursory at the moment, but speculating that he stopped for his family?

https://homemetry.com/house/8316+CANYON+OAK+DR,+Citrus+Heights+CA

It's hard to imagine he could control his urges? The rapes sound very compulsive and ritualistic. How does a predator just stop? What outlet would he have to stop himself? I'd look for other missing persons during those years. He might have hid the bodies better to avoid being caught since he was aware of DNA evidence used to solve crimes.

The description of his three daughters is odd, and more than a little offensive, isn’t it? Two are bright and beautiful? WTH?

sounds matter-of-fact to me. Which can sound cold. But what about the other daughter? No description of her.

I still think it's strange. I know every year of my parents' lives, and much more about them before I was born than after I left home. I should think it would come up in school assignments or genealogy research or family reunions. Which just goes to prove that they didn't have those occasions, and didn't really talk as a family. And maybe they did ask, and were shut down.

Some families don't ask questions or not allowed to ask questions. Authoritative parents. Dad was a control freak, they may have walked on eggshells around him. My parents are very open and friendly I loved asking them questions about their live. I find it fascinating. I don't see my parents as authority figures as much as loving people that are also my parents.

A Monster in Auburn’s Midst?
Alleged Golden State killer a testy cop, next-door neighbor in 1970s Auburn

For three years, Auburn harbored a nightmare in the Jekyll-and-Hyde guise of a serial killer many of the kids in town knew as The Crazy Cop.

That’s the bizarre scenario that Cheryl Brown is trying to get her head around after Wednesday’s bombshell revelation that her family’s next-door neighbor in Auburn during the late 1970s was the Golden State Killer.

We were saying ‘Oh my God, it’s The Crazy Cop,’” Brown said.

Relations between Brown’s family and next-door-neighbor DeAngelo were always testy, particularly when it came to his dislike of their dog, Brown said.

“There was a war of words over the fence,” she said. “He didn’t seem to like kids or dogs and he moved into a neighborhood with lots of kids and dogs. He was an odd duck.”

Then Worthless, the family dog, unexpectedly died.

Brown’s mother confronted DeAngelo after learning from a veterinarian that the cause was poisoned meat.

Brown said she looks back now with a new and chilling perspective on that time.

“I absolutely believe he did it,” Brown said.

http://www.auburnjournal.com/article/4/29/18/monster-auburn’s-midst

Its a long article......

I wish he was caught back then for posioning his dog. :(

CA state hospitals aren't that nice.

It's the difference between a cush nursing home environment type confinment, hospital for the 'criminaly insane' or regular prison.
Turns my stomach that anyone thinks It's legit.
He's getting off on them, getting off on his lawyer patting his arm fawning over him, and playing along with his sick game.
I understand she has a job to do constitutionally, but ewwww.

Poor Worthless. Now we know who the dog repellent was for and we know it was mace dog repellent.

JD was so angry at getting arrested for shoplifting that he poisoned the neighbour's dog.

So according to this article he was known as an odd duck and both a crazy cop and a bad cop. I wish they would explain why that was. His boss said he was an "average cop".

He most likely hated dogs long before probably has a history of killing animals since childhood. But stress triggered him to take it out on yet another innocent creature.

im thinking that since the DNA was uploaded to a site that had a disclaimer he will be held responsible however there may be some case law created off this case.
It sure will. And I hope we find out if there are more victims, if he was active between 1981 and 1986, and if he was active after 1986. I'm curious - do you think he is going to end up with an attorney who is prepared to take it all the way to the Supreme Court? How would he afford it? Would someone represent him pro bono? I don't know what to think and can see it going either way. Someone takes on his case and is determined to take it that far, or he ends up with someone who isn't very good and walks away when it's over.

It's hard to imagine he could control his urges? The rapes sound very compulsive and ritualistic. How does a predator just stop? What outlet would he have to stop himself? I'd look for other missing persons during those years. He might have hid the bodies better to avoid being caught since he was aware of DNA evidence used to solve crimes.

He certainly loved Bonnie if what we know is true and was mad at her, thus the statements of hate towards her for ending their engagement. Nothing was compulsive, he was quite methodical. He also loved his kids, the "two good ones." He was capable of love despite his psychopathic tendencies. Perhaps he loved his new family and was trying to stop when they bought the new house in 1980. According to a victim he cried and told his "mommy" he didn't want to do this any more. He did not control those urges as he committed more crimes, but he drastically reduced his horrific acts based one what we know now.

Unfortunately, this web-sleuthing is nothing more than speculation as no one is sharing information with our community. Interesting to see UK is far more successful as they have an organized society where anyone can join. LE here in the US are worried the perp will gather information from these boards and alter behavior or destroy evidence. Basically we are posting information from news sources that is already public information. It reminds me of the military...information flows one direction frequently ending in failure. Evolution is a process I suppose....

Another suspicious one... Read the comment by James Lundgren on this article. How did he get so much right? It's almost like he is telling a story about himself.

http://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/update-was-the-golden-state-killer-a-cowboy/

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

wow, either that or this man needs to become an FBI profiler. *or is one already)
The motive makes sense to me.
Do we know if Bonnie or her lover was ever beaten or assaulted by him/GSK?

It's not about sex, it's about power and control! His desire for power and to humiliate these women was so overwhelming that it overrode his embarrassment.

Totally understand that.
My question is why didn't he stick to other ways of power and control? It seems it would have been safer for him, to stick to the crimes that left less direct evidence of who committed them. I realize that DNA wasn't a big thing, but just the description of his genitals was pretty helpful in linking the crimes together.

He beat, stole, restrained, psychologically tortured.... I wonder why those things were not enough for him? It seems unusual to have all of these in one person. Though, I guess not in a serial killer.

Major blanks that need filling:

1) What did he do for a living between his firing in 1979 and starting the warehouse job in 1990?
2) Where did he live during that time, especially 1980-86 during the ONS series?

I believe the answers to those two questions will lead to a whole new heap of evidence.

Possibly a whole new list of victims that haven't been connected yet as well.

I agree, so hard to believe he just stopped. Maybe he was medicated or something? Very strange. I do hope he brags and reveals everything.

I googled everyone. lol! I'm just curious. I like to know who I meet and hang out with.

I work for a lawyer and absolutely google everyone now as well.
However, did you google everyone in the 1990's?
How many times have news articles from 1970's popped up in your google searches?
It's just a totally different world and mindset today than it was back then.

Some families don't ask questions or not allowed to ask questions. Authoritative parents. Dad was a control freak, they may have walked on eggshells around him. My parents are very open and friendly I loved asking them questions about their live. I find it fascinating. I don't see my parents as authority figures as much as loving people that are also my parents.

Nobody questions my father in law. I totally understand that. I have no idea what might be in his past. I don't want to know. I just keep my distance and wait for his name to show up in the news. :gaah:

Curioser,and curiouser.
Notice how the Maggiore info is missing. Hmmmmmmm.
Questerfiles shows how two suspects one who's sketch looks exactly like DeAngelo being questioned and cleared at the time of their murders.
Even though though some investigators didn't think they should be cleared.
Then he went on to shoplift the hammer,and dog repellant, freaking out, having to be restrained,and again no one batted an eye.
This stinks more than dog repellant.
Seriously.

Well, they fired him and he was convicted and paid a find and probation. So they definitely did more than bat an eye. Normally, you don't expect a police officer to have a history of serial rape and murder, even if he is busted for shop lifting. The cop in the Onion Field was also a compulsive shoplifter. He was no serial killer. I don't see how anyone could have drawn a conclusion like "Hey, if this guy is stealing dog repellent and a hammer, and he's a cop, so we should look at him for the EAR series!" That line of reasoning would occur to exactly no one, no matter how seasoned a detective. It only looks "obvious" now with the benefit of hindsight. He was never on anyone's radar until last week. And only because of a familial DNA match.

At the height of this criminal activity the suspects attempts to steal a hammer and dog repellent. Why would he steal a hammer which is very affordable, $2 then? I speculate that with all the known criminal activity in the area he is unable to be seen purchasing these items that he frequently uses during the attacks. He knows those are the tools being used to commit these crimes, but he doesn't know that the police and public doesn't know these are the tools being used. How odd is it that a police officer steals dog repellent and a hammer? Simply weird. Maybe, one might steal repellent since they could reasonably need that, but the hammer? Based on this I seriously doubt Auburn PD had a policy to issue this to officers. Hindsight I know, but who is stealing and why are two good questions to ask in larceny cases. A homeless person will steal food if hungry-easily understood. Although, I have heard of teachers stealing for no halfway decent reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow